1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 13.5 (Pokedex Entry Poll)

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Gothic Togekiss, May 14, 2008.

?

Which options? (Pick THREE options. Remember, three options)

Poll closed May 15, 2008.
  1. Option 1

33.7%
  2. Option 2

28.7%
  3. Option 3

24.8%
  4. Option 4

47.5%
  5. Option 5

17.8%
  6. Option 6

16.8%
  7. Option 7

17.8%
  8. Option 8

29.7%
  9. Option 9

20.8%
  10. Option 10

24.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Code:
    Type: Fire/Grass
    Stat Spread:  120 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Speed
    BST: 540
    Ability #1: Rock Head
    Ability #2: Battle Armor
    Pokémon Appearance: [URL="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/KnightOfLodis/woodman.png"]Codename: Pass the Dutchie[/URL]
    Sprite: [URL="http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wyverii/WoodmanSet-2.png"]Wyverii the winner[/URL]
    Movepool: [URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1170482&postcount=1"]Here[/URL]
    Height: 6' 9"
     Weight: 370
    Please, for the love of God and humanity, When the thing says vote for three, vote for THREE. You can vote for less but three is the limit.

Option#1: "The smoke from PYROAK's flames is said to have soothing qualities. However, it is also known to induce odd behaviour in Pokémon and humans alike."

Option#2: "PYROAK marks their territory by burning down dead trees. Anyone damaging the environment within these marks can expect this Pokémon to open fire without mercy."

Option#3: "
    An adult PYROAK's core temperature is well over 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit. PYROAK fights are usually very easy to track, marked by burnt foliage and trails of glass."

Option#4:
    "All PYROAK keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood."

Option#5: "Sometimes while PYROAK's cannons blaze, the smoke produced carries an aroma that causes those who inhale it to experience strange sensations and behave weirdly. Scientists believe that the smoke may have health benefits."

Option#6: "In ancient times Pyroak was hunted for its long-lasting Charcoal by nomads. Eventually it evolved the ability to spew fire, significantly reducing attempts to poach it."

Option#7: "The wood that composes a large percent of its body is much stronger and more resistant to heat than normal wood. A table made from PYROAK wood would last for centuries."

Option#8: "PYROAK are known to engage in ceremonial duels banning use of their cannons. Their armour protects them from injuring themselves when charging one another."

Option#9: "When PYROAK are born, their mothers store them inside trees. Over time the bark of the trees attaches to their skin, forming their armor."

Option#10: "Pyroak's wooden skin is heated and impregnable. It is said that a small piece of it can light a fireplace for over a year."
  2. tennisace

tennisace BAPBAPBAPBAPBAPBAP
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

1, 4, and 8. People HAVE to vote for one. Also, is this really necessary if it doesn't appear in Shoddy?

Edit: almost inb4poll =/
  3. Karrot

Karrot plant
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I voted #1, #3, and #7. I agree with tennisace0227, #1 is definitely the best entry.
  4. latinoheat

latinoheat

#1,#2 and #9
  5. DrCrashMD

DrCrashMD

Why is #1 good? It states that is has soothing qualities - yet it induces odd behavior at the same time? And why not capitalize on its cannons, its most redeeming feature, rather than its "smoke"? :/
  6. Deck Knight

Deck Knight Well-shuffled and flush
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Blahblah Mariguana blahblah running gag.

Though really, we should go back and edit in Sweet Scent for the full effect.
  7. Tsukikage

Tsukikage

2, 4, and 10

Agreeing that I don't really like number 1
  8. tennisace

tennisace BAPBAPBAPBAPBAPBAP
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

G_T get on this!
  9. X_Presumptuous

X_Presumptuous

Is one allowed to vote for their own entry on a poll? This has never been clear to me. Holding off my votes until I know for sure.

( I favour Sweet Scent whether or not mine wins --- I'm surprised it's not already in the movepool, I remember people discussing it and and many liked it )
  10. BlindSeraph

BlindSeraph

I think 3, 4, and 8 are the best... One's pretty good too though.
  11. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

X, you're allow to vote for your own entry. Everyone do that when their entry make it.
  12. Beej

Beej

Might as well put it in. It fits, since Aromatherapy is in its movepool, and it's clearly not going to make Woodman any stronger.
  13. Lord Gloom

Lord Gloom

WELL PERSONALLY, I BELIEVE THAT THREE IS THE BEST AND THAT IT BEATS ALL THE OTHER ENTRIES!

Jokes aside, I don't really care for 1/5. Seems like a pretty crude joke for Pokemon.
  14. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

My thoughts exactly. I voted for 3, 7, 8.
  15. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist

3, 4, and 7 get my vote.
  16. Mekkah

Mekkah watashi wa kirai every single one of you kisamas
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Screw Mariguana jokes, those are in no way funny enough to make it to a Pokedex entry. Voting for the two of mine that made it as well as 4, though from what I see here most people jumped the Mariguana gun.
  17. Time Mage

Time Mage

Voted 2, 4 and 9.

And yes, the marijuana jokes are probably more childish than talking about pokémon.
  18. Hairyama

Hairyama

Voted 4, 8 & 3. But mostly 4. If you can mostly vote for one.
  19. jagged_angel

jagged_angel

I have a few grammar/logic issues with some of them, not That important but should be changed if they win:

Option#2: "PYROAK marks his territory by burning down dead trees. Anyone damaging the environment within these marks can expect this Pokémon to open fire without mercy."

should be

Option#2: "PYROAK mark their territory by burning down dead trees. Anyone damaging the environment within these marks can expect this Pokémon to open fire without mercy."
    Option#4: "All PYROAKs keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood."

should be

Option#4: "All PYROAK keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood."

Option#6: "In ancient times Pyroak was hunted for its long-lasting Charcoal by nomads. Eventually it evolved the ability to spew fire, significantly reducing attempts to poach it."

should be

Option#6: "In ancient times PYROAK were hunted for their long-lasting Charcoal by nomads. Eventually they evolved the ability to spew fire, significantly reducing attempts to hunt it."

(you can't poach an animal unless it is game and on somebody else's land)

Option#9: "When [insert pre-evo name] are born, their mothers store them inside trees. Over time the bark of the trees attaches to their skin, forming their armor."

The above entry isn't about Pyroak, it's about the pre-evo. It would be find for a Pokedex entry about the pre-evo but you can't have a Pyroak entry that is focused on another pokemon.

CheezItEater

I went with 4, 6, and 10. And, like others have said, enough with the marijuana jokes.
  21. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

6. 7 and 8.
    I just like them most.
  22. Pombo

Pombo

2, 8 and 4
  23. Drab Emordnilap

Drab Emordnilap

#6 made me think: not that this will ever matter, but wild ones of this line should have a % chance of holding a charcoal.
  24. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Voted options 3 and 9 because the others sounded weak and contrived to me.

I really like 3.
  25. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

I find it funny that people actually care about some weed related joke being in a pokedex entry when IIRC Shoddy doesn't show pokedex entries in any window they have. You people got to lighten up here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)