CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 13.5 (Pokedex Entry Poll)

Which options? (Pick THREE options. Remember, three options)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Type: Fire/Grass
Stat Spread:  120 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Speed
BST: 540
Ability #1: Rock Head
Ability #2: Battle Armor
Pokémon Appearance: [URL="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/KnightOfLodis/woodman.png"]Codename: Pass the Dutchie[/URL]
Sprite: [URL="http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wyverii/WoodmanSet-2.png"]Wyverii the winner[/URL]
Movepool: [URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1170482&postcount=1"]Here[/URL]
Height: 6' 9"
 Weight: 370
Please, for the love of God and humanity, When the thing says vote for three, vote for THREE. You can vote for less but three is the limit.

Option#1: "The smoke from PYROAK's flames is said to have soothing qualities. However, it is also known to induce odd behaviour in Pokémon and humans alike."

Option#2: "PYROAK marks their territory by burning down dead trees. Anyone damaging the environment within these marks can expect this Pokémon to open fire without mercy."

Option#3: "
An adult PYROAK's core temperature is well over 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit. PYROAK fights are usually very easy to track, marked by burnt foliage and trails of glass."

Option#4:
"All PYROAK keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood."

Option#5: "Sometimes while PYROAK's cannons blaze, the smoke produced carries an aroma that causes those who inhale it to experience strange sensations and behave weirdly. Scientists believe that the smoke may have health benefits."

Option#6: "In ancient times Pyroak was hunted for its long-lasting Charcoal by nomads. Eventually it evolved the ability to spew fire, significantly reducing attempts to poach it."

Option#7: "The wood that composes a large percent of its body is much stronger and more resistant to heat than normal wood. A table made from PYROAK wood would last for centuries."

Option#8: "PYROAK are known to engage in ceremonial duels banning use of their cannons. Their armour protects them from injuring themselves when charging one another."

Option#9: "When PYROAK are born, their mothers store them inside trees. Over time the bark of the trees attaches to their skin, forming their armor."

Option#10: "Pyroak's wooden skin is heated and impregnable. It is said that a small piece of it can light a fireplace for over a year."

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1, 4, and 8. People HAVE to vote for one. Also, is this really necessary if it doesn't appear in Shoddy?

Edit: almost inb4poll =/

Why is #1 good? It states that is has soothing qualities - yet it induces odd behavior at the same time? And why not capitalize on its cannons, its most redeeming feature, rather than its "smoke"? :/

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why is #1 good? It states that is has soothing qualities - yet it induces odd behavior at the same time? And why not capitalize on its cannons, its most redeeming feature, rather than its "smoke"? :/
Blahblah Mariguana blahblah running gag.

Though really, we should go back and edit in Sweet Scent for the full effect.

Is one allowed to vote for their own entry on a poll? This has never been clear to me. Holding off my votes until I know for sure.

( I favour Sweet Scent whether or not mine wins --- I'm surprised it's not already in the movepool, I remember people discussing it and and many liked it )

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Might as well put it in. It fits, since Aromatherapy is in its movepool, and it's clearly not going to make Woodman any stronger.

WELL PERSONALLY, I BELIEVE THAT THREE IS THE BEST AND THAT IT BEATS ALL THE OTHER ENTRIES!

Jokes aside, I don't really care for 1/5. Seems like a pretty crude joke for Pokemon.

Screw Mariguana jokes, those are in no way funny enough to make it to a Pokedex entry. Voting for the two of mine that made it as well as 4, though from what I see here most people jumped the Mariguana gun.

I have a few grammar/logic issues with some of them, not That important but should be changed if they win:

Option#2: "PYROAK marks his territory by burning down dead trees. Anyone damaging the environment within these marks can expect this Pokémon to open fire without mercy."

should be

Option#2: "PYROAK mark their territory by burning down dead trees. Anyone damaging the environment within these marks can expect this Pokémon to open fire without mercy."
Option#4: "All PYROAKs keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood."

should be

Option#4: "All PYROAK keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood."

Option#6: "In ancient times Pyroak was hunted for its long-lasting Charcoal by nomads. Eventually it evolved the ability to spew fire, significantly reducing attempts to poach it."

should be

Option#6: "In ancient times PYROAK were hunted for their long-lasting Charcoal by nomads. Eventually they evolved the ability to spew fire, significantly reducing attempts to hunt it."

(you can't poach an animal unless it is game and on somebody else's land)

Option#9: "When [insert pre-evo name] are born, their mothers store them inside trees. Over time the bark of the trees attaches to their skin, forming their armor."

The above entry isn't about Pyroak, it's about the pre-evo. It would be find for a Pokedex entry about the pre-evo but you can't have a Pyroak entry that is focused on another pokemon.

I find it funny that people actually care about some weed related joke being in a pokedex entry when IIRC Shoddy doesn't show pokedex entries in any window they have. You people got to lighten up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)