CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 14 (Closing Thoughts and other things)

How many Pre-evos should Pyroak have?

• None

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • One

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Two

Votes: 73 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I have a question. Isn't the point of the CAP is to balance the meta-game? If so, how come it seems like we're trying to make "broken" Pokemons like Garchomp and etc. Just a thought since our next plan is to make a "Scrappy Spinner". Please delete my post if seen unnecessary!

Balancing the metagame is a lot easier said than done. Anyways, Scrappy Spinner is more to get back at Revvy for making entry hazards more godly than they were before.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Honestly, I hate the idea of creating another CAP to balance an older one, but nonetheless the scrappy spinner concept is at least interesting.

Flarelm sounds awesome, by the way!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm almost done with the server implementation. I've got Pyroak working on my private server, but I'm having trouble with the illegal move combos. I know what I need to do to fix it, but I've been at this for over 13 hours straight today. I'm sick and tired of looking at Shoddy code. I'm going to bed and I'll tackle the rest tomorrow.

But just to give you hope, here's a screenshot of Pyroak live.

Thanks Doug for the effort. This project wouldn't be anything without you.

On the other hand... Swampert should flee from any Infernape, unless it's VERY sure it's not Mixape. Y'know, Grass knot and all. :)

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
On the comment about creating Pokemon that are too good, well, that's obvious.

Nobody has any experience about what creating a Pokemon entails. Because of this, we tend to go overboard. There's a very fine line between 'usable' and 'unusable'. We always seem to amply cross it.

I'd say so far the CAP project has been creating such top tier OU pokes partly because they are our creations and we want them all to kick butt, but also because they've all been sweepers so far.

When experimenting with new type combos and with good STABs (Ice, then Fighting, now Fire/Grass) it's difficult to build a sweeper that fits nicely into OU without pushing the boundaries of brokeness.

The next few projects - weather and scrappy/spin will probably be easier slt into OU since they only need fill a niche roll on the team to fulfil their purpose.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks Doug for the effort. This project wouldn't be anything without you.

On the other hand... Swampert should flee from any Infernape, unless it's VERY sure it's not Mixape. Y'know, Grass knot and all. :)
LOL.

Yes, later in that battle, my opponent mentioned Infernape. I completely forgot about it.

Also, I run Swampert on one of my Battle Tower teams. There's a Ninetales in the Battle Tower that runs Energy Ball. You gotta switch there too.

So, I should have known better than to make such a sweeping generalization. Toss it up to the heat of battle and the excitement of seeing Pyroak on the battlefield.... ;-)

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
On the comment about creating Pokemon that are too good, well, that's obvious.

Nobody has any experience about what creating a Pokemon entails. Because of this, we tend to go overboard. There's a very fine line between 'usable' and 'unusable'. We always seem to amply cross it.
I'd say so far the CAP project has been creating such top tier OU pokes partly because they are our creations and we want them all to kick butt, but also because they've all been sweepers so far.

When experimenting with new type combos and with good STABs (Ice, then Fighting, now Fire/Grass) it's difficult to build a sweeper that fits nicely into OU without pushing the boundaries of brokenness.

In my opinion, this only happens because from the very beginning, people and their ideas are bent on improving the Pokemon instead of limiting the Pokemon. As the project comes to its final stages, the idea of limiting becomes stronger, however, throughout the entire project, there is considerably more done to improve the Pokemon (a good percentage for comparison would be 70%).

I wonder what would happen if we focused more on how to limit the Pokemon instead of how to improve it?

I like the Flarelm or Flarowan idea. (though Flarelm is way better.)

Pokemon Pyrotechnics! Burning Breelooms! Charred Cacturns! Napalmed Nuzleaf! This is a world with Pyroak.

Napelm is amazing and makes so much more sense than Flarelm.

Go go Napelm use Seed Bomb!
Enemy Barboach was incinerated. (Even though you used a Grass move on it).

Napelm is such an awesome name it deserves a trait that makes all damaging moves add Burn instead of the intended effect.

Heh I suggested something like Napomtre in the name thread, but Napelm is indefinitely simpler and better.

Do ppl think he is really overpowered? 95 for a Base Special Attack isn't that great unless you get Nasty Plot, so why do ppl beleive he is almost too good?

Growth is his only Special Boosting move. Charge Beam would have been nice...

I think he is fairly average, which is great because he is a fun and fair pokemon, and remember he is weak to SR.

I'm sure to some people it seems broken, but not really to me. Fire/Grass is great offensively, but considering this is a defensive pokemon it's getting "killed all over" by SR. The closest thing I can think of in relation to it is cress and it has CM to boast in addition to it's better typing. I fail to see how this pokemon is broken.

Also, Hybrid's Napelm comment was fucking hilarious.

*waits for implementation*

It's whoring time *insert evil laughter*!

You better be right X-Act or else my evil laugh and team slot might be wasted.

Let's just say, sweet art all round, the pokedex entries are pretty damn sweet and I actually thought this was awfully well done. Good work Gothic Togekiss!

The best work of all CAPs.

Dedication ,and Appreciation to you is deserved. The next CAP should be dedicated to you, perhaps an alternative Evolution of Togekiss, and because your name is Gothic Togekiss, it can be a Dark/Flying type.

*P.S. I am serious*

Give it Dark Pulse+Moonlight+Dark Void!

Instead of Serene Grace give it Pressure.

Dedication ,and Appreciation to you is deserved. The next CAP should be dedicated to you, perhaps an alternative Evolution of Togekiss, and because your name is Gothic Togekiss, it can be a Dark/Flying type.
Jesus I'm touched and it made me laugh out loud as well. If we actually go through with that we should also do one for Cooper and Hyra since they deserved some appreciation too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)