1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 6 - Stat Spread Poll 2

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by capefeather, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capefeather

capefeather no shit
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This poll will be open for 24 hours starting from Deck_Knight's vote below (i.e. 12:17:33 a.m.).

The Seven fought a brave and valiant battle. The ensuing clamor was epic to behold. Nothing in The Avengers could have compared to the glorious sight of these stat spread submitters. FlareBlitz used Flare Blitz, and Steamroll countered with Steamroller. Korski summoned a vast armada of ships out of nowhere (turns out he was lying about dropping his Admiral rank) and pummeled Rising_Dusk with cannon fire, but the Golden Scizor bravely beat back the assault with his shining armor. Meanwhile, Scoopapa scooped up all of the ammunition he could and hurled it at the others. srk1214 rushed to the scene and started slapping everyone with his infamous 1214 Slaps technique. As the fight went on, bugmaniacbob, who had secretly been spamming Fury Cutter on capefeather's not-slated remains, went on a killing spree. However, he had become so blind with rage that he knew not whom he was killing, nor did he know which, if any, of his blows were even successful.

Now, three remain. Who will come out on top in this bone-chilling battle of numbers?

This is a single bold vote, which means you vote for one entry. Make sure that you bold your votes and nothing else! A typical vote might look like the following:

If you want even more clarification, we hope that this will satiate your appetite for text.

Please post only your votes in this thread. If you are feeling the need to have a discussion, then head on over to #cap. There are consequences if you are looking to spark a discussion here. Again, please leave all discussion to #cap. Thanks for your understanding!

The options:

Rising_Dusk
    Korski
    Scoopapa

---

SUBMISSIONS YO:

---

CAP 3 so far:

Concept: Extreme Makeover: Typing Edition (open)

Typing: Fire / Poison
    Abilities: Dry Skin / ??? / (???)
  2. Deck Knight

Deck Knight DK! DK! Donkey Kong is here!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Seven started out, Four knocked down. Who shall be victorious?

[​IMG]

If it matters, I choose Scoopapa!
  3. capefeather

capefeather no shit
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Rising_Dusk

Go, Golden Scizor! Vanquish your enemies!
  4. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

Rising_Dusk
  5. V4Victini

V4Victini Free Ohmagod
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcher

Rising_Dusk
  6. Korski

No contest at all as far as I'm concerned. It's the tankiest submission, and it's special attack stat isn't ridiculous.
  7. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

8. Theorymon

Theorymon You have a fever. I prescribe more dead angels.
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Rising_Dusk
  9. Redjar

Redjar

Rising_Dusk
  10. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Rising_Dusk
  11. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Rising_Dusk

As I said before, 76 base Speed is an absolutely critical number for our CAP to maximize its EV'd Speed without ever allowing it to beat out the likes of offensive Heatran. This is the most important thing we could walk away from this spread with, next to that being enough power to punch through very bulky Pokemon like Politoed and Jellicent. Good luck to all of the entries either way, though! It's always a pleasure surviving the first poll; that is enough to remind me that I've succeeded. Cheers.
  12. Steamroll

Steamroll Tasty
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Rising_Dusk

closest to mine is the reason.
  13. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

Rising_Dusk
  14. Mr Holiday

Mr Holiday

Scoopapa FTW!

I've already listed my reasons for choosing Scoopapa, but in a nut shell:

Decent Attack provides for a bit of unpredictability, and I like the bulkiness of it.
  15. g_man92

g_man92

Korski.
    I like how well-tuned his Speed stat is; it's interesting how positive base 77 outspeeds neutral CAP3, but neutral base 100's are outsped by positive nature. I think the whole "Outspeeds Heatran" thing could be fixed by narrowing its movepool a bit (ie: Don't include Earth Power)
  16. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Rising_Dusk
  17. Stew0The0Jew

Stew0The0Jew

18. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Offensive Tran uses Balloon anyway

Korski for life
  19. Scoopapa

Scoopapa

Scoopapa

I'm happy to have made it past the first round and I think these are all good spreads!
  20. Midnight Show

Midnight Show

21. Sonic The Hedgedawg

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Korski all the way
  22. srk1214

srk1214 Epke Motherf**in Zonderland
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Korski

While I do agree with Dusk that 76 speed is certainly a better number than Korski's 89, I truly believe that everything else about Korski's spread is superior.
  23. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

24. Eternal Drifter

Eternal Drifter

25. ShyGuy1221

ShyGuy1221

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)