CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've been gone for a couple days, and just caught up with all the posts in this thread.

I think GT made the right call in ending this poll and calling it for Elagune. This was the biggest rout we've seen so far.

I don't think bold votes for all submissions is a good idea. In the past, we have received all sorts of WIP's, half-baked sketches, lifts and reworks of other people's designs, crayon works by little kids, etc. None of these should be included in a poll. Perhaps it isn't fair for the TL to have sole discretion as to what makes the poll or not. If people have suggestions about improvements to the art selection process, please voice it in the Process Workshop thread.

In general, I think bold voting for art is a waste of time. Unlike every other topic in CAP, art is a pure popularity vote. The "discussion" in art polls is fairly aimless anyway. The real art discussion takes place in the art submission thread. The art poll is a straight vote. I think a clicky poll is preferable. If someone wants to "drive-by" vote, that's fine. Look at the OP, and vote for your favorite. Do you really need to discuss your art preference?

EDIT: BTW congrats Elagune. Your design is awesome. I'm really glad you are part of the CAP project.

For the name, I was thinking something like Varanition; a mix of the words ‘Varanus’, the genus of which goanna belong to, and ‘ignition’, the action of setting on fire. ‘Varanus’ is derived from the Arabic word ‘waral’, meaning ‘monitor’ when translated to English, and goanna are a species of monitor lizards.

Nice job Elaguane. I really like the looks of the Woodman.

My suggestion on the name would have to be some combination that included the name "skinks", most likely un-pluralized (if it is pluralized....).

Only because they're a type of lizard I'm about 99% sure Nintendo hasn't already used for naming.

Maybe something like Arskink (Arson + Skink)?

I'm down with other words like that though. Scincidae (The real name for Skinks), is also another cool word. Or maybe Squamata (the Order lizards are in). Those may be easier to coin into names.

I simply felt like it would be too boring to basically have something turn larger and get darker. There should be a slight difference in the designs somewhere. Something like Vigoroth.
What if, as a difference, you didn't give the pre-evos their cannons? I think it would be cool if the first one had normal salamander hands, the middle stage had wood gauntlets covering part of its hands, and woodman had the big arm cannons it already has. In the context of the actual game, it would be really cool to watch your Pokemon develop these epic weapons as it evolved.

I like Carboneos as the name. Sounds good, makes sense.

What if, as a difference, you didn't give the pre-evos their cannons? I think it would be cool if the first one had normal salamander hands, the middle stage had wood gauntlets covering part of its hands, and woodman had the big arm cannons it already has. In the context of the actual game, it would be really cool to watch your Pokemon develop these epic weapons as it evolved.
Yeah, I did think of that. But if you take away the signature cannons from the first evolution (not necessarily the second), it just turns out looking like a rebellious Charmander with a tan, a punk hair-style, and a grass skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)