CAP 4 CAP 4 - Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
And with the closing of the Pokedex Entry and the Sprite poll, we come to the conclusion of CAP Four! Take a nice, long look at what we have created. Personally, I think we should all be very proud of how Fidgit turned out. There have been very few people shouting "Broken", although only time will tell how our Pokemon will fare in todays cruel metagame. The only things left are the analysis and server implimentation. Fishin is curently hard at work on the analysis (having done some preparation on it even before he was officially asked to write it >.>) and Doug has assured me the Fidgit's server implimentation will go smooth, as he has already done most of the work on it. :)

Note: Anything to do with the Pokedex Entrys should go into that thread.

Main Pokemon Information:
Name: Fidgit

Type: Poison/Ground​
Stat Spread: 95 HP / 76 Atk / 109 Def / 90 SpA / 80 SpD / 105 Speed
BST: 555
Ability #1: Persistent
Effect: Increases the duration of Gravity, Trick Room, Heal Block, Safeguard and Tailwind by two turns when used by this Pokemon
Ability #2: Vital Spirit

Pokedex Entries:
"A FIDGIT'S brain is capable of focusing on eight different actions perfectly, using each of it's hands for a seperate action."
"The jewels on FIDGIT's hands are capable of sucking poison from the bodies of their afflicted allies. Some are even used in Pokemon Centers during extreme cases of poisoning."
"Fidgit is extremely curious and stubborn. Whenever FIDGIT sees a human doing any kind of manual work, it will immediately imitate it until it has bested the human"
Needs the "It"s fixed up.

Level-Up Moves:
(Pre evo: Gust, Tailwind)
- Teeter Dance (Heart Scale)
- Disable (Heart Scale)
- Doubleslap
- Acid
- Encore
5. Acid
9. Encore
14. Rapid Spin
20. Mud-slap
25. Whirlwind
30. Knock Off
36. Sludge
42. Sand Tomb
42. Gravity
50. Me First
58. Earth Power
67. Gunk Shot

TM/HM Moves:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM49 - Snatch
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-Turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM92 - Trick Room

HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Moves (Ground): (all from Smeargle)
Wish
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Pursuit
Sucker Punch
Block
Wake-up Slap
Mud Sport
Helping Hand
Follow Me
Metronome
Assist

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's beautiful... Great job everybody! Once DJD gets Fidgit on, the best part begins: PLAY TESTING!

EDIT: It would've been nice if I had finished my mediocre sprites, but I couldn't continue after completely crashing on the back sprite.

Pokedex Entries:
"A FIDGIT's brain is capable of focusing on eight different actions perfectly, using each of its hands for a seperate action."

"The jewels on FIDGIT's hands are capable of sucking poison from the bodies of their afflicted allies. Some are even used in Pokémon Centers during extreme cases of poisoning."

"FIDGIT is extremely curious and stubborn. Whenever FIDGIT sees a human doing any kind of manual work, he will immediately imitate it until he has bested the human."
That's what i saw.

Woo! I've just returned from holiday to see the finished fidgit (nice name). I'm eagerly waiting to see how he pans out when thrown into the metagame.

"Fidgit is extremely curious and stubborn. Whenever Fidgit sees a human doing any kind of manual work, he will immediately imitate it until he has bested the human"
Minor nitpick here. Pokedex entries never refer to gender like that, they always use "it".

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thanks MM2, fixed. From now on any aditional edits to the Pokedex entrys will go into that thread.

Because I can. ;p Nah, two of the CAP Pokes already have icons so I thought Fidgity might as well get one and it only takes a few minutes to do. Someone else'll have to animate though. (because I lost Photoshop)

I've got to say, this being the first CaP i've followed all the way through it was rather fun. I can't wait to playtest it. Gravity, Trick Room, Tailwind. Utility heaven!.

This turned out awesome! I hope I get some time to test it soon, or I'll regret it. I mean, poor Pyroak has only had two days worth of uses by me, I don't want the same happening here.

Also, I have to say that your work as a Topic Leader has been the best so far. I'm really satisfied, good job!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thank you Sunday for running CAP 4 so smoothly. I think this is the first CAP project without a major "crisis" during the process. I think your deep experience in the community was a huge asset in your role as Topic Leader. Well done!

Sunday, you need to select a height and weight for Fidgit. You can get feedback from the community, or you can just pick something that makes sense. The only thing that matters is the weight, for calculation of damage on Grass Knot and Low Kick. Neither move is a big threat to Fidgit, but I need a number regardless.

As for the implementation, I am diligently working to get Fidgit on the server. There will be lots of other big changes to the CAP server that will coincide with Fidgits implementation. Right now, I am hoping to have Fidgit (and the other suprises) working in the next day or two. I will post more details as we move along.

CAP 5 will begin after we get some playtesting completed on Fidgit and after a few process issues are ironed out. Keep an eye on the forum for threads pertaining to these topics.

This is the first CaP project I've diligently kept up with, and I have to say it's been great. I can't wait for the next one!

Kudos to Sunday, he's been an awesome TL. The end product proves it. Also kudos to Doug, he's been working really hard to improve the CaP server.

Finally, congrats to everyone who participated. We made a kick ass pokemon guys. ;D

I have a few suggestions on height. I would say that it's body would an inch or two smaller than a Pikachu. Leg length, I have no clue really since I suck at guessing length/weight based on appearance.

Excellent! Nice work, this is the CaP I'm most excited to use, simply because of how useful it's seeming it will be.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've just returned from my small vacation, and I'm pleased with the final result. Very good work everybody! :)

Actually there is one minor detail that's left, and that's the pre-evo to this. Since my movepool won and it's based on two moves of the pre-evo, there should be at least a movepool of the pre-evo done. I had made one together with the one for Fidgit before submitting my movepool to Sunday, in fact.

Congrats and all that good stuff.

I just now realized that I've been looking at the art for Fidgit entirely wrong ever since it was posted. It looked like the body was upside down to me, with the jewel as its mouth. ._.

I think the weight should be determined by the height.
If we make Fidgit relatively short, then the weight will have to reflect that.
I know it has relatively long legs, but it looks like it will be pretty light if it's about human size.

Congratulations everyone, another new member has joined our beloved metagame! It's been so fun and a fantastic experience. Go CaP go!

Whoo more pokemon!

But really, I'm more interested in what Doug posted about surprises. I was only here for half of this guy so I didn't really get all the excitement of seeing it form, I just got to finish and clean him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)