CAP 15 CAP 4 - Part 12 - Complete Movepool Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I do not vote for movepools based solely on competitive makeup. In fact, almost every movepool that makes the slate is competitively viable. Therefore I tend to differentiate based on the "soft factors" of the movepool, like cohesive flavor direction and research to show how the movepool makes sense for our pokemon within its concept and game canon.

capefeather gets my top vote because he put in a lot of thought and research into all the aspects of the movepool -- competitive, flavor, and game precedent. I feel like he really presented a complete submission. And he didn't include Quiver Dance, which is something I'd rather not see on this pokemon.

Korski gets my second vote, but I was very conflicted on this one. I think Korski probably had the best overall flavor cohesiveness of all the submitters, and I value that a great deal. But he included Quiver Dance, which I originally said I would not vote for any movepools with QD. But ultimately I decided it would be a disservice to completely ignore such a great well-rounded submission. So, I have to acknowledge that Korski did a really good job with this one. Just sucks to see QD in there...

Deck Knight gets my third vote. He was light on flavor reasoning, but like always he did a lot of work to present a movepool within the context of what GameFreak does with other pokemon. And the detailed forethought DK put into moves to be used with various abilities was second to none. Nice work, DK.

Everyone else had decent competitive movepools, but in my mind missed the mark by not doing all the other work required of a full movepool submission. It would be like submitting a great art design, but not coloring it. Sure it's a good picture, but it's incomplete. When stood up side-by-side with other movepools that have everything, they paled in comparison.

Deck Knight
DarkBlazeR
capefeather
Korski
nyttyn
jas61292
Nyktos

Particular apologies to jas, as I loved the movepool with the exception of the omission of Dragon Dance.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Nyktos
Korski
capefeather
DarkBlazeR
jas61292

nyttyn
Deck Knight

First time being slated for anything, wooooo.

Good luck to everyone.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
jas61292
Korski
Deck Knight

Props to jas for solid 2-move physical coverage, Korski for Spedically-focused QD moth, and Deck for priority Extremespeed plus Aqua Tail physical coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)