CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 2)

Which should be our Pokemon's primary type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Pure Utility Pokemon
Description: There is a serious lack of Gravity, Rapid Spin, Wish, non Dark weak Trick Room, OU viable Heal Bell / Aromatherapy, Encore, Memento, Non Dark weak Perish Song, Psycho Shift, Safeguard, Magic Coat, Me First, Snatch, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Tailwind and Haze Pokemon in our lovely Metagame. I don't know what type, what stat distribution or even what kind of Pokemon would effectively use all those, but I want to build a utility Pokemon for the useful yet less used utility moves. If I had to narrow the field a bit, I would emphasize Tailwind, Gravity, non Dark weak Trick Room, Rapid Spin, Wish and Encore. The normal utility moves like Reflect and Light Screen go without saying.
Electric and Posion had more than double the votes of their next best competitor Dragon so they alone have progressed to the final face-off! Keep in mind key resistances and weaks of every type.

Poison: 1/2 damage from Bug, Fighting, Grass and Posion
2x damage from Ground and Psychic

Electric: 1/2 damage from Electric, Flying and Steel
2x damage from Ground

Clicky Poll incoming! Type with the most votes 24 hours from now, reguardless of how close the margin, will become our primary typing! Feel free to discuss secondary typing if the winner becomes aparant within that time.

I voted Electric, even though it has less resistances, it has that simple, easy to see weakness.

Also, the coin came up tails.

Voted for Poison because of several reasons, including
- the ability to inheret many Utility moves
- a resistance to Fighting that will help it Spin better if it or a variant of Spin gets into the movepool ( fingers crossed )
- because it makes a little more sense flavour-wise over Electric.

I think this is the closest two options have ever been together on the same poll before in the history of our CAP's. (:

I wouldn't mind either, but I voted Electric mainly due to the fact that it has just one weakness, and electric types are cooler!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I voted for Electric.

Electric has only one weakness, which is resisted by a huge number of pokemons, giving you some nice defensive combinations (provided that the second type doesn't have many weaknesses as well). Also, there is no electric support utility pokemon, so you pretty much have the niche all for yourself.

Poison's ability to suck up TSpikes is what sold it for me (and it can set them up, too). People seem to forget that making a Poison/Electric (or Steel) and giving it Levitate would eliminate this... I still think Poison/Dark (gets STAB on anti-ghost type, but loses fight/bug resist) or maybe Poison/Ghost (keeps fight/bug resist, but is weak to dark/ghost...) is the best way to go.

Poisen

Psychic is rare, imune to toxic, resistant to low kick and grass knot (there's a good chance this pokemon will be heavy), absorbs toxic spikes

I say Poison, but I strongly believe this Pokemon should be both, and Magnet Rise is a remedy to the 4x weakness, and it;s not completely out of the question.

I voted for Electric.

Electric has only one weakness, which is resisted by a huge number of pokemons, giving you some nice defensive combinations (provided that the second type doesn't have many weaknesses as well). Also, there is no electric support utility pokemon, so you pretty much have the niche all for yourself.
Zapdos doesn't count?

Regardless, I voted Electric as well. It's easier to work with and we won't really be stepping on any pokemon's figurative toes.

Electric/Poison, in my opinion. Just avoid the Earthquakes.

Voting Electric, since that's the one I'd rather see, if it came to it.

Poison
The added weakness isn't a big deal, because of the very small number of pokemon still carrying psychic (as well as their predictability).
T-spikes, Resistance to Fighting, Innate awesomeness.

I really like the idea of an electric that isn't a sweeper, as it is defensive with only one weakness. Also I think it would be nice to see a unique electric type combo (like electric/poison).

BUT I couldn't pass up the flavor and TS absorbtion, so I voted Poison
... still hoping for both though

I voted Poison, simply because of its many resistances, easily-countered weaknesses and the small number of OU-viable Poison type Pokemon.

Voted Electric in hopes that the Poison-voters will still stick to their guns for a second type.

Also because I love the way Luxray and Zapdos operate. A supportive Electric is awesome.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
we already have a good electric pseudo utility defensive pokemon in ampharos, but i went with electric anyways, cause thats where moe ended up.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I want an electric pokemon for our next CaP. I'm sorry, but poison is a little bit too iffy for me. Things like Zapdos that are bulky electrics are very good, and I want to see more of the "bulky electric" role in our metagame.

Voted Poison because of immunity to so many things and resistances to so many things. It would be awesome if it learned Toxic Spikes...

voted poison simply because it sucks up toxic spikes, and on a pure utility pokemon, your moves, item, and ability can be utility for any type, but only poison gets utility from its typing

(well I guess ghost blocking rapid spin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)