Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bug/Dragon
Electric/Psychic
Bug/Psychic
Grass/Flying

oops I stole Birkal's vote??

But no, seriously, Bug/Dragon, to me, sounds like the epitome of "risky but rewarding" if you were forced to put it into two types.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bug/Dragon
Electric/Psychic

Grass/Flying is the only concept that I'm really not a fan of. Bug/Dragon and Electric/Psychic were the two standouts for me; the only two that I think would fit this concept the best. There's a compelling argument for Bug/Psychic, but it ultimately came down to me thinking that the former two would do the best at creating risk for not only the user, but the opponent as well. Bug/Psychic just seems a bit too easy to wall for me to really create risk for the opponent. Bug/Dragon and Electric/Psychic both fit equally well in my opinion, but I do prefer Bug/Dragon because Dragon is my favorite type. Can't be completely 100% objective, no matter how hard I try. :P

Electric/Psychic
Bug/Psychic
Bug/Dragon

in order i want to see. ice coverage is too common for me to support grass/flying and is why bug/dragon is the lowest of my selected options.

Bug/Psychic
Bug/Dragon
Electric/Psychic
I ultimately prefer Bug/Psychic over Bug/Dragon because I think there are more roads we can take for it. Bug/Dragon has to compete with the other Dragon-types, and that might end up forcing us into niches we don't want. That said, I prefer Bug/Dragon over the other two because I see it as a very legitimate road to a role similar to White Kyurem's or maybe something else. I guess I should note that I found 13 OU Pokémon that Bug hits harder than Dragon, and 20 that Dragon hits harder than Bug. So I suppose one could have a set like Draco Meteor / Bug Buzz / coverage / filler instead of Dragon Pulse over Bug Buzz (i.e. what White Kyurem does with its Ice-type STAB).

I think that Grass/Flying might be pushing it because it might become rain-dependent as a special attacker or a suicide bomber as a physical attacker. When it's already taking 25% from Stealth Rock, I'm uncomfortable with it trying to abuse recoil moves on top of that.

Bug/Dragon
Electric/Psychic
Bug/Psychic
Grass/Flying

I really don't like most of the polling. It looks like we have a fairly risky type matched up with a SR-weak type (I'm looking at you, Bug. Not a risky type except for common weakness) for everything but Electric/Psychic, which makes some sense, but I still think that we are putting a little too much weight on the SR weakness. Bug/Dragon is as close to my original concept as I'll get, so that will have to do. Do I hear a dragonfly coming this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)