CAP 15 CAP 4 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
bug/psychic

reiterating bug/dragon being bullshit

although actually both of these options are pretty bullshit

Hmm. This is actually fairly tough. On the one hand, bug/psychic, we have a quirky typing with common STAB attacks that get fairly decent neutral coverage, but only one notable SE Hit (fighting, which it gets a 4x resist.) and has a hard time coming in on anything. On the other hand, bug/dragon, we have one of the worst dragon-typings possible, but it's still a dragon. (But he was still trogdor) and dragons in OU are a mixed bag. Everyone prepares for one, and every team has at least one. That there is a risk, but is it enough to offset the fact that it has an easier time coming in on things?

Actually, I don't think so. bug/psychic would work better. PLUS the typing alone has a bit of inherent reward, as a certain spore user is getting major offense boost, and bug/psychic is uniquely tailored to shut it out. It gets my vote.

Bug/Psychic

There are already a phlethora of dragons in OU, and they are a staple of the metagame. Making another dragon, even with the cool Bug type, isn't even a guarantee to be seen in the CAP metagame. I think the approach to this cap is best suited to Bug/Psychic. First off, it double resists fighting - this type is severely needed in the metagame. Secondly, this typing provides a lot of options for a pokemon who is considered risky. Dragons all tend to have the same boring movepool, as in lets DD up and Fire Punch/Outrage/EQ somebody. Bug/Psychic will allow much more diversity and uniqueness mainly because of the unique abilities usually given to Bugs, and the amazing support movepool usually allocated to Psychic types. Not to mention, I dont that there are really any STRONG psychic types in the game except for maybe Alakazam and Reuniclus. These two are really lower OU as it is. This new CAP could provide a much needed niche not yet discovered. Thus I vote for Bug/Psychic.

Bug/Psychic

FUK DRAGON

(...dammit nyttyn you ruined the joke)

In all seriousness, I can definitely see both sides, and I feel that Bug/Dragon is getting a lot of undeserved criticism. Yet, I just prefer Bug/Psychic for being (at least I think) more elegant in terms of how the coverage attacks are likely to work out.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bug/Psychic

Pointless second poll. I mean seriously, why??? An instant run-off vote was already legitimately won by Bug/Psychic. Why another? Did whoever's in charge dislike the result? edit: ok the vote is unnecessary but the requirement for it is objective. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)