CAP 15 CAP 4 - Part 7 - Art Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry this took so long. The staff were on strike.
jesting
-------

Welcome to CAP 4's first art poll! This will be a multiple bold vote which means you vote for as many entries as you like. This is unweighted so order does not matter. Make sure to bold your votes and nothing else and spell them correctly. A vote looks like this:

Entry A
Entry B
Entry C

Any comments that the voter has would go below the votes in non-bold text. Bold text is used to determine what the user's votes are, so none of the supplementary text should be in bold.
If your art is missing, you have probably either not made a Final Submission post or have broken one of our rules, check below for illegal submissions:

Base Speed: Deleted and reposted Final Submission (see bumping)
Cartoons!: Supporting artwork above allowed limit, not continuous outline
DugoutCanoe: Blur effects on ball
Ewil: Two different entries in the same picture
Matezoide: Lacks distinct outline
Orivexes: Transparent background

If you're one of these people, please be more careful in future and better luck next time.

This vote will run for 48 hours starting from the Topic Leader's vote.

Contestants

aragornbird
Birkal
BlueConcept
Calad
CBMeadow
Cretacerus
Doran Dragon
DougJustDoug
itsme
JesusJudd
Kadew
KoA
Mos-Quitoxe
Nastyjungle
NMx13
noobiess
nov
paintseagull
Quanyails
Rocket Grunt
Steampowered
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
Tin
Yilx
YourFavoriteEgyptian

aragornbird] [IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img198/7932/caph.jpg[/IMG] [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Birkal] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MNbnK.png[/IMG] [/QUOTE] [QUOTE=BlueConcept] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KnCV1.png[/IMG] [URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4428493&postcount=338 said:
Supporting Art[/URL]
Calad said:
CBMeadow said:
Cretacerus said:
Doran Dragon said:
DougJustDoug said:
itsme said:
JesusJudd said:
Kadew said:
KoA said:
Mos-Quitoxe said:
Nastyjungle said:
NMx13 said:
noobiess said:
nov said:
paintseagull said:
Quanyails said:
Rocket Grunt said:
Steampowered said:
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET said:
Tin said:
Yilx said:
YourFavoriteEgyptian said:
------------

Below is CAP 4 so far:

Name: Risky Business
(formerly "Living On the Edge")

General Description: This Pokémon is very risky to play, but very rewarding if played correctly.

Justification: Many of the Pokémon that are successful in OU are relatively easy to play or have great "safe" options (e.g. U-turn). Yet, many other Pokémon look very powerful, but are less successful than they could be because of some large risks involved (e.g. Hydreigon), and some aren't successful at all (e.g. Honchkrow). This self-balancing concept intends to explore what it takes for a risky Pokémon to be successful, and how much inherent risk a Pokémon can get away with. It should be emphasized that this concept is NOT about luck management, but rather, it is about what the user can afford to do given his/her opponent's options, and vice versa.

Questions To Be Answered:

• What is the relationship between risk and potential consequences, both positive and negative?
  • What kinds of inherently risky tactics are successful in the OU metagame?
  • Do risky Pokémon need some form of safe options (e.g. switch-ins) to be successful in OU, or can it get away with having few really safe options?
  • How does Substitute, a well-known "safe" move with nearly universal distribution, impact how this Pokémon is built and played?
  • How do existing Pokémon use and deal with risky situations?
  • Can risky Pokémon be played well in the early game, or are they better off put into action later on?
  • How do different playstyles interact with risky situations?
Typing: Bug / Psychic
Abilities: Weak Armour / Illusion / No Guard
Base Stats: 110 HP / 120 Atk / 99 Def / 117 SpA / 60 SpD / 94 Spe

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First they numbered over seventy.

Now they are merely twenty-five, and at the end of this, only seven.

Then they shall become three.

Then two.

Then one.

Either that or one option will get an instamajority. But it's more dramatic to pretend otherwise.

ANYWAY:

aragornbird
Birkal
CBMeadow
Doran Dragon
Kadew
KoA
Mos-Quitoxe
paintseagull
Quanyails
Yilx

Let us vote, and crown a champion among champions.

Of course this isn't a cleverly veiled subliminal message in favour of a three-stage pseudo-legendary line. What gave you that idea?

aragornbird
Calad
Doran Dragon
DougJustDoug
KoA
Nastyjungle
Quanyails
Rocket Grunt
Yilx

Cartoons! would have had my vote too, had his entry not been disqualified.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Yilx
KoA
DougJustDoug
Mos-Quitoxe
Birkal
Quanyails
CBMeadow
paintseagull
aragornbird
Calad

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
Yilx
Kadew
DougJustDoug
KoA
Quanyails
Birkal
aragornbird

Poll time gooooooo

KoA

Man oh man, i've been waiting for this. KoA's design by far surpasses what i wanted for CAP4. Every edit to his Seraphimon has made it better, and i loved watching it evolve into this nearly perfect submission! Bravo KoA, and bravo to all the other submissions as well!

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus
aragornbird
Birkal
Cretacerus
DougJustDoug
KoA
Quanyails
Rocket Grunt
Yilx

There are just so many great designs here, best of luck to everyone!

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
aragornbird
Doran Dragon
DougJustDoug
KoA
Mos-Quitoxe
paintseagull
Rocket Grunt
Yilx

Good luck to all of the artists!

Yilx
SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
Kadew
DougJustDoug
BlueConcept
Birkal

Nice competition for this CAP. I feel as though KoA is going to win, and by all rights that is a fantastic work of art, well worth any votes it will receive, but i feel it has an aura of ghost typing about it that I simply can't shake. Yilx's scorpion shares a similar problem with the steel typing, but this is due by enlarge to the glare coming from the shell and will be far less noticeable in sprite-form, I presume. Doug and Birkal's ideas are both novel and unique representations of the theme, as one would expect. SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET and BlueConcept have great inspiration for both of their designs and portrayed it in a way I find incredibly appealing. The last contestant I'm going to mention is Kadew. It has a sort of mystical vibe to it, which I find incredibly intriguing. If I didn't mention your entry it's not because I didn't like it, these are just what I consider to be the "top" entries, in no particular order. Good luck to you all.

BlueConcept
KoA
Yilx
Mos-Quitoxe

I love BlueConcepts idea. It just works really well. Plus I always loved Master Hand. A spider/magician's glove... Superb. I can't see the weak armor but. It's so cool that I don't mind. And the other 3 just look cool and meet the realistic criteria of all of the abilities. Well done everyone

KoA
Yilx
Kadew
aragornbird
Mos-Quitoxe
CBMeadow
Tin

There were a few other good entires I didn't vote for, but these ones were among the few which fit with all three of CAP-4's abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)