CAP 15 CAP 4 - Part 8 - Name Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divinisect
Aurumoth

These are the only two I really liked out of the given options.

I'm curious as to why Anemoth didn't make it through. I thought it was a pretty good name. Anem = wind, which could be interpreted as the winds of the Angels given that Angels are often shown with wings in biblical depictions. But maybe I'm just being a curmudgeon and fail to realize that my submission wasn't really all that.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't mean to offend anyone here, but this selection of names is really terrible. Not only do they read terribly for the most part, but some of them seem to borrow a reasonably common suffix from a very rare word to form a portmanteau, which is kind of dumb. You need to be able to identify the word from the name. Also, you can't really use "monarch" to mean "butterfly" when the design bears no more resemblance to a monarch butterfly than to any other butterfly - all monarch implies is, you know, the hereditary ruler. Altogether, these seem to have been put together with an utter lack of common sense.

Azraluna
Sephimoth

Raflyel
Aurumoth
Mothereal
Divinisect
Lepidivine
Magnamoth
Motatron
Retriarch
Imagoria
Alarkael
Panoptera
Prymoptera
Psychēcies
Samaoth

Alarkael
Mothereal
Sephimoth

I think we should have had an extension for the submissions. It's almost unanimous that our name selection isn't that good...

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Magnamoth
Mothereal
Aurumoth
Divinisect
Sephimoth
Panoptera
Prymoptera
Raflyel
Motatron
Retriarch
Samaoth
Imagoria
Alarkael
Azraluna
Lepidivine
Psychēcies

Attention everyone complaining about the slate: you wrote them and had the opportunity to provide feedback on them for multiple days. If you don't like them, try submitting some yourself in the future~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)