CAP 4 - PRC Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
READ THIS FIRST.

You do not need to apply to the CAP PRC in order to participate in CAP events. All polls and discussion threads in this forum are open for public use; the PRC serves an entirely different function that is separate from the current CAP process.

Hiya! This thread is for people who want to apply to the Create-A-Pokemon Project Policy Review Committee. Remember, the PRC is in charge of discussing policy changes to the CAP Process in general, all of which take place in the CAP Policy Review Forum (which everyone can see but only CAP PRC are able to post in). Note that if you're a guest viewing the CAP forums, I don't think you can view the CAP PRC forum, so that is all the more reason for you to register and see what CAP is all about! We're currently in the middle of discussion on numerous topics, and it looks like more will be on the horizon. We'd love to add some fresh blood to these debates and discussions!

To apply, describe your involvement in the CAP Project in all areas, including but not limited to: past CAP polls, PR discussions, playtesting RMTs/discussions, CAP analyses workshops, #cap on IRC, CAP metagame involvement, submitted material, etc. It can really only help your case if you provide links to example posts for things like submissions or suggestions.

As an aside, we're not looking for perfect members or anything. There is not going to be a limit on the number of users the CAP moderators accept for the PRC, and we would prefer more to less. I doesn't overly matter how long you've contributed. We're mainly looking for the best users in CAP to step up and start leading, regardless of join date. If you feel like you have contributed positively to CAP in any way, please feel free to apply. Remember that we are especially looking for active CAP PRC members to be involved in our discussion. Furthermore, rejection now will not disqualify you permanently; signups will be open again after every CAP. Inactivity or serious misconduct is the only way to lose PRC status, so you have nothing to lose by applying and quite a bit to gain.

The CAP 4 Policy Review Committee

Birkal
bugmaniacbob
capefeather
DarkSlay
Deck Knight
DetroitLolcat
DHR-107
DougJustDoug
Elevator Music
EspyOwner
Grs Cousin
jas61292
nyttyn
Pwnemon
srk1214
SubwayJ
Theorymon
uwnim
Wyverii

All of these members will be given posting privileges to the CAP Policy Review subforum. They will have the ability to create threads on important CAP issues as well. They've also been granted the ability to vote on these issues and shape the future of CAP as a whole. PRC members, don't forget that you can PM any of the CAP moderators if you have any questions or concerns. I hope we can all be as active and vocal as possible in order to get work done. I can't wait to work with all of you to make positive changes in this project!

I would like to apply, once again, for CAP PRC posting privileges. The last time I had been allowed onto the PRC there weren't that many topics I felt I was able to respond to properly, due to my inexperience in CAP (compared to the current posters, at least.) Essentially, it was intimidating. I feel I am fully able to comprehend the conversations that happen in PRC now, and would be happy to finally be a part of them.

As encouraged in the OP I shall post my various involvements in CAP:

-Active vop in #cap as of July 19th, 2012
-Active voter in non-flavour polls of CAP 2 and 3
-Active voter in art polls of CAP 2 and 3
-Currently active and experienced member of the CAP metagame

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone, my name is NyttyN and I'm a CAPoholic applying for a position on the policy review Committee. I have been a part of CAP since the start of Mollux (AKA CAP3), and I have been a competitive battler for over a year.

I am applying for a spot on the PRC because I believe I would be a fresh voice who can bring interesting ideas and a new point of view to the table. I have participated in much of the #CAP and forums debates, sitting out only the stats discussion, a process which I can now safely say I understand fully. I have submitted the movepool for Mollux, a movepool which ultimately won due to the fact I took the time to go over it with my peers as a combined effort. I also created the B/W2 CAP metagame discussion thread. My other contribution of note was facing off against Deck_Knight in the inaugural battle for CAP3, and coming out triumphant. I have also been noted by Deck_Knight (the TL for CAP3) as "a rising contributor and decent battler." DetroitLolcat (playtest champion of CAP3) claims "i would not lose any sleep betting on [nyttyn making] PRC."

In adidtion, I am well versed in the OU and NU tiers, having topped the NU ladder on Pokemon Showdown! for quite a period of time, with a respectable 1.4:1 W/L ratio in OU. I have taken the time to read through a fair chunk of the CAP archives as well in preparation for this job (Syclant was particularly amusing to read).

I like to believe that I can keep a level head in discussions and debates, yet at the same time I am not silent. I can and will speak out against things I believe are wrong, but at the same time I am not all knowing. I will admit that sometimes I can be wrong, and I believe that I am perfectly able to face the facts and eat crow when I am wrong. I am also very good at working with others, and know when to be quiet and when to speak up.

So I hope that you all will consider me for the PRC, as I believe that I have a lot to contribute!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah, time for PRC apps once again.

Hey, I'm jas. I've been around here since the start of Tomohawk, and have been incredibly active ever since. I've participated in pretty much every discussion and vote since joining, including being an active member of the PRC through the last two rotations, and I recently received the community contributor badge for my contributions to the CAP project. I have participated in all three CAP playtests that have happened in my time here, and have also been a big supporter of the CAP metagame, having played more games on the CAP ladder than almost anyone since it was first available on PS! I am also on the #cap irc channel constantly, where I have had voice for a long time.

I can't wait to get this next round of CAP discussion started.

Might as well sign up (even though my chances of making it are slim :P)

Anyways, I'm SubwayJ. I've been around in CAP since about the name stage of Necturna, lurking for a little before that. I believe I've been fairly active, voting in almost all polls since I joined. I may not be the loudest voice when it comes to discussion, however I have fairly unique ideas that may come to make the better of CAP. I am not the most avid battler on PS, but I have participated in both the Necturna and Mollux playtests with okay results.

I believe that I have been fairly active at #cap, always asking people's opinions before submitting something to ensure I have the best possible submission I can.

In terms of contributions, I have submitted three ideas in my first full CAP that got slated, two of which making it to the final two.

My first slated submission was a Concept for CAP 3 (Double Team) which got very good support in the first two polls, but ultimately losing to T-mon who had the preferred concept.

Slated submission number two was a name for Mollux. I submitted "Escarglow" very early on in submissions getting very good support in the first poll and losing again in the final poll.

My third one that got slated got shot down first round of voting, however it still got some support as a pokedex entry for Mollux.

Overall I plan to be VERY active in CAP 4, already thinking of concepts! I can't wait! So please consider me for the PRC!

Hi, ShinyDreamer here.

I hardly know whether to apply for the PRC or not; since I did not join the CAP community until the Mollux testing was nearly over, I wasn't really able to participate. Therefore: no exp. However, I would greatly enjoy a chance at reviewing some other Pokemakers' work.
I'm not going to argue very hard to get on the committee until I actually have some experience, but I'd enjoy the opportunity if it's given to me! ^_^

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh come on I had so nearly finished my last PRC topic OP and we start a new project argh crumble etc.

Anyway I'm bugmaniacbob/bmb/that guy with the worm avatar, I have a penchant for making long posts with useful content hidden somewhere in the middle, and I'd like to think that I am dedicated to this project, even if I may seem somewhat cynical at times. I've contributed heavily to all the most recent CAPs in discussions and submissions, I've tried to direct discussions in the way I feel they would be most constructive to the best of my rather limited ability and power, though I've never won a poll to speak of in any CAP Project proper. I write quite a lot, though my written contributions to CAP are currently limited to the current Movepool Submissions guide and the still ongoing Necturna analysis. I would like to think that the latter exemplifies, somewhat, the dedication I possess and the work I can accomplish when my mind is set on something.

I can't say I'm an avid battler any longer, nor that my metagame knowledge is exactly tip-top - I generally take a fair amount of time to get used to any changes. I still have the benefit of past knowledge and a compulsion to read every OU analysis going through C&C as part of my work for the index. I do try to be on #cap as often as possible during a project, but owing to my timezone I seem to always miss the important stuff.

So, here's hoping we get a good CAP out of this one. I'm betting it'll be a Ground-type with a heavy support bias, but...

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey, i'm DetroitLolcat and I would like to remain on the PRC for another term. I've been a very active member of the PRC for the previous CAP, posting my opinions in nearly every Policy Review thread that was available. I've made at least nine posts in the Policy Review

I submitted numerous ideas for Mollux during the process, but had rather poor luck getting those slated, heh. I definitely contributed to the discussions during Mollux's creation at least, though.

I'm very active on the IRC channel #cap and also rather active on Pokemon Showdown! as well. I'm on #cap daily, usually as a night owl but I normally get on during the day too. I try to spur discussions every so often but I don't have voice or anything like that. I won the playtest for Mollux as well, and I posted an RMT in the forum giving my analysis of the playtest metagame.

Overall, I'm an active member of CAP's community and CAP's Policy Review Committee and I would like to continue contributing to the PRC. Thank you for reading.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey again all,

PRC time again so soon... Can't believe another CaP has been finished and another one will be started in the weeks/months to come. I've been around since Pyroak, and have been active for all the Gen 5 CaPs. I have Voice on #CaP and regularly contribute to discussions and threads for current CaP projects. I've made several posts in the current PRC topics which are up. I'm generally more active on #CaP than I am on the forums.Similar to BmB, being in Europe means I sometimes miss out on the good discussions!

Yeah I guess that's it really, most of the #CaP people know me :)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Hi, I'm Pwnemon. That seems to be the expected opener for a PRC app, even though you could already tell what my username was because it's on the postbit right over there <- (horizontal postbit users are inferior)

I've technically been around on the CAP battle server since Colossoil, and posted here occasionally during Tomo, but i really only started contributing in the time of Necturna. Still, i've been active both on the forums and #cap and have been an avid player in both CAP metas and non-CAP metas alike so i'd like to say i have a firm knowledge of the meta. (Peaks at: #22 in Post-Deoxys-S BW1 OU, #3 in Mollux playtest, #2 on Mollux CAP meta ladder, #7 in Tomo playtest, #14 in Colossoil CAP meta, #7 in Round 3 RU). I've contributed a good amount of ideas to CAPs which have sadly never gotten slated but I TRIED OK. i'm engaged in the cap community and interested in its future and can often be found commenting on current PR threads that i'm not allowed to post in on irc so let's reduce the amount of stupid that infests the channel and put it on the forum instead :)

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh come on I had so nearly finished my last PRC topic OP and we start a new project argh crumble etc.
Just as a general reminder, this application topic does not herald the immediate beginning of CAP4. Rather, we are getting our PRC together to discuss upcoming, pressing topics in relation to the CAP process. Furthermore, I hope that our current PRC members will continue to discuss the few topics that are already up in the PR subforum within the next week. I'm not calling out bmb on this or anything, haha. Just understand that the start date of CAP4 has not yet been set.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm srk1214, obviously, as Pwnemon pointed out.

I've been lurking here since the very end of Cyclohm, and finally made an account and started posting on Voodoom. I've now been quite active on all four CAPs from Voodoom through Mollux, having almost all of my 400+ posts being in the CAP forum. Regrettably, my strongest tier is neither CAP nor OU, but I do have a good grasp of competitive battling, having topped the NU ladder on Showdown while also being in the top 5 in UU (admittedly when neither was massively populated.) For whatever it is worth, I placed 5th in the Necturna playtest after unclaimed alts and provisional ratings were removed.

I have submitted to every stat/movepool submission stage for which I felt knowledgeable enough to submit something reasonable and I had the time to do so. Submissions of mine that have been up for vote include a stat spread for Mollux and movepools for Tomohawk and Necturna, and additionally a stat spread for Necturine. I also enjoy submitting and commenting on flavor aspects of CAP like names and dex entries, though I lack the skill to contribute to art/sprite.

While none of my submissions have won, I enjoy being part of the new wave of highly-active CAP participants. Should I become a member of PRC, I would only become more active. I would be sure to discuss and vote as often as possible and I might even venture over to #cap with some level of frequency, which I have not done often to this point.

Hello, I'm Iluvkyogre. Even though I haven't participated in past CAPs, I followed the creation of Mollux and Necturna. I built multiple CAP teams with fairly well succes (even though close to no one plays CAP). Talking about what I could bring to CAP 4, I have a lot of creativity and draws fairly well. I guess my priority would be rather low, but I would like to join CAP. I am fairly well at OU (but my Pokemons always freeze at the wrong moment) and been joining competitive for a year or so... I never participated in CAP but I do believe everything has a start :D. It would be awesome if I could participate.

I would like to apply for PRC.

I started lurking CAP during Necturna, I did post for a little bit during the Attacking Move discussion, but I mostly lurked.
Mollux was the first CAP I was actually involved in. I took part in discussions and voted in most polls. The only submission I made was a movepool for Mollux that got slated and then came in last place in the voting.
While not someone who battles often,(I mostly just do random battles) I did participate in the Mollux Playtest and battled enough to not have a provisional rating. Even though I don't battle much, I do pay attention to what is going on and how things work(my lack of battling is mostly from not having enough time to do everything I want to do rather than from a lack of interest).

I do go on #CAP and talk sometimes.

Birkal

We have the technology.
The majority of the CAP moderators have discussed each of the above applicants and made our decision. Sorry for the delay; we've all been quite busy. If any of you have any questions on our selections, please fire us off a PM. Remember, if you didn't make it, there will be more chances to apply in the future. Congratulations to our new PRC!

The CAP 4 Policy Review Committee

Birkal
bugmaniacbob
capefeather
Deck Knight
DetroitLolcat
DHR-107
DougJustDoug
Elevator Music
EspyOwner
jas61292
nyttyn
Pwnemon
srk1214
SubwayJ
Theorymon
uwnim
Wyverii

All of these members will be given posting privileges to the CAP Policy Review subforum. They will have the ability to create threads on important CAP issues as well. They've also been granted the ability to vote on these issues and shape the future of CAP as a whole. PRC members, don't forget that you can PM any of the CAP moderators if you have any questions or concerns. I hope we can all be as active and vocal as possible in order to get work done. I can't wait to work with all of you to make positive changes in this project!

If you're a new member reading this, don't worry. You will still be allowed to participate in the regular CAP project, which includes discussing, voting, and contributing. The PRC is meant solely for shaping the process to allow us to make better Pokemon. You can read more about what exactly the PRC is by clicking here.

Birkal

We have the technology.
In accordance with this thread, the PRC Applications will remain open for the duration of CAP4. You are free to apply at any point you like; the moderators will attempt to get back to you within a week if at all possible. Read the original post thoroughly before applying. At CAP, we take our Policy Review Committee very seriously due to the powerful nature of the group. If this is your first time participating in CAP, I would recommend you do not apply; hang around for a few more months, learn what exactly we are all about, and maybe then try your hand at applying!

Also, new users, please know that you don't have to be a member of the CAP PRC in order to discuss, vote, or submit posts in this forum. The CAP Project is open to the public, so don't be shy to participate in our polls and discussions!

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi, my name is DarkSlay. I've been around CAP for quite some time, starting with CAP10 in the fourth generation (also known as Krilowatt). Since then, I've been a very active contributor both in the CAP forums and on CAP's IRC channel, #cap. I have submitted multiple stat spreads and movepool plates (coming in second place during CAP11). I have been on multiple PRC committees in the past, and was an extremely vocal member of the community. I was selected to be ATL of CAP2 before having to take an extended leave from Smogon due to a personal family issue. I have good experience in battling, and great experience in calculations and "on paper" metagame analysis. Peaked multiple times at high places in both the Gen IV and V metagames. Also, I like to read and occasionally provide information to RMT's. Also, I was the co-secretary (second in charge) of CAP ASB some time ago, so I have plenty of leadership experience.

I hope that my past contributions, as well as my current ones, will enable me to become a great PRC member, and I hope that I am selected! Let's get to work!

Asylum_Rhapsody

Hello! This is Asylum_Rhapsody, or just Asylum on #cap.
I was going to wait until the end of CAP4 to apply for a PRC position, but I was encouraged by peers on #cap to apply now, so here I am.

I've been actively involved in the CAP Project since the Concept Submission stage for Necturna, and I don't think that there's a poll that I've missed or discussion thread that I haven't at least tried to contribute to since. If I had to say my biggest accomplishment/contribution, I think that would probably be popularizing the species name "Mantle Pokemon" for Mollux; three of the seven slated Pokedex entries used that species name, including the first runner up (me) and the winner (GRs Cousin). Yes, that's completely flavor and not the main purpose of CAP, but I'm just proud to be able to contribute in any way that I can. Truth be told, I'm probably not nearly as well versed in the metagame as most of the rest of the PRC, but that's something that I am working on and learning exactly because of my interest in the CAP Project, so I do hope that you'll consider me.

I suppose there isn't any harm in trying for a position.

I'm GRs Cousin, short for God Robert's Cousin (as surreal as it sounds). The CAP projects are the entire reason I even joined Smogon, to be honest. No other community tries to create Pokemon with this level of organization and balance, so I can sleep at night saying that I hold high regards for Smogon in that aspect. I have lurked since the ending polls of Generation IV's CAP10, and joined to actually contribute at the beginning of CAP2's concept submission stage, having voted in every poll and contributed to most discussions in each of the CAPs ever since.

My entry was the winner in Mollux's Pokedex Poll (as noted by Asylum Rhapsody above me) which, while not relevant competitively, is nonetheless a winning contribution many competed for. While not something to list as a sure quality, my favorite artworks, even if they seem to not be receiving a lot of attention in the submission stage, tend to be finalists in the artwork polls. It could either be an innert taste in flavor or a set of coincidences, but I figured that it's at least worth a mention. With no conceit or arrogance intended, I'd say flavor may be a strong point I can contribute to the CAP project.

I am very familiar with the OU BW and BW2 metagames, and I have often found interesting niches in NU and RU Pokemon that allow them to viably work in higher tiers, including some more unconventional sets and EV spreads on existing OU Pokemon. Additionally, I have at separate points reached the Top 100 in the OU and RU ladders on Pokemon Showdown, meaning that I am at the very least competent in my knowledge of battling.

"Respect is something you have to have in order to get." I'm not sure where I heard that quote in my youth, but it couldn't be more true. I am neither a moderator nor a ladder champion nor a veteran, but I believe that in time I will still be an asset to the PRC. Should one such as myself be selected for the PRC, I will be able to provide the perspective of those who are still trying to build themselves up, something PRC would otherwise lack and leave out. I wish to provide my voice on how to keep the CAP project fresh and make it further attractive to lesser known (and heard) individuals such as myself, and I hope I am considered in being an addition to the committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)