CAP 4 Pre-evos - Part 3.1 - Abilities Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It may have taken a while, but at this point we have been able to isolate a slate of possible abilities that would make sense. And now, it is up to you to decide exactly which set we want.

This will be a single bold vote.
My Preferred Choice

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. Only the vote itself should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
As I mentioned in the closing post of the end of the ability discussion, all the options that recieved enough community support to slate had Illusion as the dream world ability. As such, it does not need to be voted on and I am going to just leave Illusion off the options to simplify and shorten them. Your choices are as follows:

Weak Armor/No Guard -> Weak Armor/No Guard
Forewarn/Weak Armor -> Forewarn/Weak Armor
Shield Dust/Keen Eye -> Shed Skin/Compoundeyes

Like the typing polls, the first set on each line is for the first stage pokemon, and the second is for the middle evolution.

As always, please only post votes in this thread. Discussion should be kept to irc.

By the way, in case anyone forgot, Aurumoth's abilities are Weak Armor/No Guard/Illusion. Though if you want a more in depth look for reference, here is Aurumoth's Final Product, just in case you don't have it bookmarked.

This poll will be open for 24 hours (assuming I am up until 4am again tomorrow).

Our prevo's so far:
Type: Bug/Psychic | Bug/Psychic
Abilities: ???/???/Illusion | ???/???/Illusion
Stats: ???

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Come on jas, extending it by another 10 more hours wouldn't hurt - just go to bed earlier, please :)

While every submission is solid, I'm sold on the variety this option offers. Don't get me wrong, but sometimes having changes when it wouldn't hurt spices up things a little. Also, flavour-wise, this gives our artists a lot more leeway with their illustrations (because honestly, I don't think its that much easier to have a drawing of a Pokemon that describes Forewarn in itself).

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Like the pseudo-legends Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, and Hydreigon, the first two stages usually have the same abilities while the final evolution has a separate ability. The other cases, Garchomp and Metagross, have the same abilities throughout.

Flavor-wise, that narrows my vote down to either the first option or the second option. I just like it changing abilities when evolving to Aurumoth. So there :P

Forewarn/Weak Armour -> Forewarn/Weak Armour

The only one I dislike is the Weak Armour/No Guard, it seems way too powerful for a prevo.

I regret missing the discussion while it happened, but I'd have supported this variant anyway. The defensive/accuracy abilities make perfect sense flavor-wise.

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus

changing both abilities with each evolution seems needlessly complicated, but changing one of them between the nfe stages and the final evolution feels right, enough change to show becoming mature without giving this thing seven(!) different abilities across the line.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Weak Armor/No Guard -> Weak Armor/No Guard

I just can't with the changing ability carousel of Weak Armor not being Weak Armor. And changing both every step seems weird to me. Oh well. This lost anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)