CAP 4 Pre-evos - Part 4.1 - Stat Spread Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Getting this up took longer than expected due to my browser craching after I had finished it the first time. Oh well, nothing you can do about it.

Anyways, on to the vote. This will be an instant-runoff vote. This means that you can vote for as many as you like, but remember, order matters in your vote. Votes sohuld look like this:

Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Least Preferred

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. Only the vote itself should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
I didn't really deeply analyze all the spreads, but there was a good selection to choose from and I tried to pick the ones that provided the best reasoning. In addition, there was decent variety, including a plenty of more extreme stats. However, I don't think any of them were too ridiculous, so tried to include a bunch of these, along with a few more balanced ones.

The slate itself will be as follows:

[box]citro: 50/80/49/57/20/44 -> 75/100/69/72/40/64
DHR-107: 50/60/49/67/30/44 -> 60/90/89/87/40/54
Engineer Pikachu: 45/60/49/57/40/49 -> 80/70/79/67/80/44
GRsCousin: 60/70/49/67/10/44 -> 80/90/69/87/30/64
ZhengTann: 60/50/79/57/20/34 -> 80/80/89/77/40/54
zyrefredric: 70/60/59/47/20/44 -> 100/70/119/67/30/34
[/box]

As usual, the first set of stats on each like is the first stage Pokemon, and the second is the middle evolution. Please use only the name of the submitter in your vote. Additionally, please only post votes in this thread. If you want to say something else, that is fine, but don't try and start discussion; that is what #cap exists for.

This poll will be open 24 hours. Aurumoth's final product can be found here.

Our Prevo's so far:
Type: Bug/Psychic | Bug/Psychic
Abilities: Shield Dust/KeenEye/Illusion | Shed Skin/Compoundeyes/Illusion
Stats: ???

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DHR-107
ZhengTann

Don't like the ones that slow down. I also think the ending numbers should stay the same. That limits me to DHR-107, GRsCousin, and ZhengTann. The lowest Base Sp Def period is 20. So I'm taking out GRsCousin too, since 10 is just ridiculous.

Of my qualifying two, DHR's is my preference.

zyrefredric

Metamorphosis ftw! So yeah, shamelessly voting for my own submission only. None of the others are similar to it, so there is none other I would vote for.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
DHR-107
Zhengtann

All the other 4 I can pick something out I really dislike abut them.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ZhengTann
DHR-107
citro
Engineer Pikachu

GRs would say "I win either way if I vote for my opponent", (hats-off for that) but I'm more of a "I'm in this so I intend to win" kinda person. Each to his own, eh? DHR's submission is surprisingly close to mine because we strive for similar balance goals (in IRC he admitted to considering a totally equal NFE statspread), citro's flavour is short but really engaging, and Engi has a pretty good point about defensive-leaning NFEs.

GRs would say "I win either way if I vote for my opponent", (hats-off for that) but I'm more of a "I'm in this so I intend to win" kinda person. Each to his own, eh?
Awww, so much for getting the satisfaction of another feeling bad about their conceited votes! Ehuehuehuehue.

zyrefredric
Engineer Pikachu
DHR-107
citro
ZhengTann
GRsCousin

I can still belittle my own vote, though.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
GRsCousin
zyrefredric
citro
DHR-107
ZhengTann
Engineer Pikachu

All of these are good, and I had a hard time choosing, but I decided that I prefered ones that had something more extreme over the more balanced ones. Specifically, what sold me on GRsCousin's spread was the incredibly low SpD, espcially on the first stage. As the guy who thought a 60 was way too much SpD for Aurumoth, I love the idea of having that stat be just pathetic on the prevos.

ZhengTann
DHR-107
Engineer Pikachu
zyrefredric
citro
GRsCousin

It's not that easy figuring out meaningful spreads with the given 300 and 420 BSTs while distinguishing yourself from what was already posted. So I just waited till the poll to throw my support behind my favourites. Good job to everyone though.

EDIT: Ahh, my bad. Thanks Mdevil.

DHR-107
zyrefrederic

As I mentioned before, I'm not a fan of any spreads that emphasise the high defense and cocoon stage; the idea of this defensive pupa NFE seems pretty dull to me and Aurumoth's high defense was imo one of the least plausible things about it. I like DHR's stats, they develop in an interesting way and are a little less extreme than mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)