CAP 5 CAP 5 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concept: Variable Stat Booster
Description: A pokemon that may or may not start off particularly amazing stat-wise, but can use a variety of different stat raising moves such as Calm Mind or Dragon Dance to fill in many different roles.

I think this could be extremely interesting because of all of the different directions that it could go. Mainly, I am envisioning a pokemon that is unpredictable because of the many different roles it can fill in using stat boosters. Of course it would be limited by the four move slot syndrome. For example, a pokemon that could either use Cosmic Power to become an unbreakable wall, but on the other hand could sacrifice this possibility to become a strong sweeper with Swords Dance. Maybe it could use the ability Simple to make the boosting go quickly. Maybe it could get Suction Cups or Soundproof or the move Ingrain to keep from getting blown out. Maybe it could get Baton Pass to make its stat up abilities even more useful to the entire team. Maybe it could have none of these traits, but for the most part it should be able to effectively use many different stat boosters to fill just as many different roles.

Concept: Trapper/revenge killer
Description: A pokemon that has a good amount of attack and speed, but with moves like swords dance and dragon dance that allows the user to stat up. It can also be a defenseive tank that spreads around status/or stall out.

This might be used as a new trapper/revenge killer. I am thinking of a pokemon that tends to take on something an opponent has kiled or dropped, which it then has a chance to set-up and sweep. Obviously the ability should be arena trap, since its main role is a trapper.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concept: Physical Roadblock
Description: A pokemon that can stop or at least slow down threatening physical sweepers by hindering them. Should have uncommon weaknesses and be able to hit key types for decent damage.

Explanation: It can be very easy for a sweeper to take out an entire team if it allowed to stat up once too many times. This pokemon should be able to sufficiently hinder an opposing physical sweeper so as it cannot go on to sweep the rest of the team, even if it means at the cost of this pokemon. This can be acheived through moves that disuade attacking (Destiny Bond, Sucker Punch, etc), or by using a fast Haze to get rid of stat boosts. Its ability could be something that let it switch in easier, e.g. Trace or Solid Rock, etc.

EDIT: This could be special now that I look at it, but originally I imagined it would have more Def than SpD, hence the "physical" roadblock.

@Sworddigger: Doesn't that make Dugtrio obsolete, not to mention it's somewhat overpowered? Oh yeah and you mentioned stats in the description, which I believe goes against the OP...

@Legacy Raider: That's a cool idea, but why does it need to be physical?.. if it's stopping them the way you suggest it could, it would stop both physical and special ones...

Concept: Trapper/revenge killer
Description: A pokemon that has a good amount of attack and speed, but with moves like swords dance and dragon dance that allows the user to stat up. It can also be a defenseive tank that spreads around status/or stall out.

This might be used as a new trapper/revenge killer. I am thinking of a pokemon that tends to take on something an opponent has kiled or dropped, which it then has a chance to set-up and sweep. Obviously the ability should be arena trap, since its main role is a trapper.
Ugh, I really don't want to be picky, but this is too specific.
Not only that, but you're suggesting it should have about 600BST unless you give SpAtk 0 or something.
"Decent" stats all around would be 90's/95's
Plus you're suggesting that it should play more than one role.

Concept: Levitate/Flying Trapper

Description: The concept is fairly simple. A Pokemon similar to Dugtrio, but with the ability to trap Levitate Pokemon, and Flying type Pokemon. It probably would be unable to trap grounded Pokemon.

Now I am not sure if this is a good idea, but I felt like throwing it out. I can already see several uses for it.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Concept: Simon Says
Description: A pokemon that draws its moves and/or ability from its opponents.

Explanation: Moves like Mimic and Copycat and pretty much never used in the metagame, while the ability Trace is coveted by nearly all pokemon. This pokemon could specialize in those moves to form impromptu and unpredictable sets.

I don't know if this is too specific, but may as well give it a try. Also, I really like TAY's idea.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kira that concept is pretty clearly against the "no specific abilities" rule in the OP.

Also thanks bojangles =)

Oh well. I felt that might have been the case, but there was no harm in trying.

Also in that case, I support TAY's idea. I also like the idea of a Pokemon able to fully utilize dropping its own HP without being too gimmicky.

TAY's idea make me of a emotional Pokemon that use self-mutilation to defeat it's foe. I'm having a strong feeling if that idea wins, the reasoning Pokemon would be part Dark for reasons involving emotions.

Anyway, right now my support go out to Deck Knight, Mag, and Latinoheat.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone read the OP?
DougJustDoug in the OP of this thread said:
  • Specific Pokemon types or type combos cannot be included or excluded in a Concept. Nor can other characteristics of the Concept specifically result in in the inclusion or exclusion of Types. For example, the following phrases would be illegal:
    "This is a Dragon pokemon with..."
    "The pokemon should be immune to Ghost attacks..."
    "The pokemon should have at least 7 resistances..."
    "The pokemon should get STAB on Thunderbolt.."​
FlygonRuler, you should edit your concept to make it conform more to this rule.

Does anyone read the OP?

FlygonRuler, you should edit your concept to make it conform more to this rule.
ehh...I read that, but I wasn't careful enough. I can't really edit it without doing the whole thing over. Oh well, I'll come up with something else.

Concept: "Oh my god that thing is annoying"
Description: We've all faced that one Pokemon that just annoys the hell out of us. Whirlwind Skarm. Taunting DDtar. Encore ____. Basically, I want to make a Pokemon and make it the most annoying motherfucker that ever existed. It would have an ability like Trace where it could mess up lots of Pokemon, but not completely. Just an annoyance. I also picture it having Taunt, Encore, Whirlwind/Roar, U-Turn, Leech Seed, and Substitute. Just to be annoying to face. I realize that this is early to suggest moves, but I'm simply listing what I find to be annoying to go up against. Not neccesarily game breaking or something that will win the game for you, just make it very hard for your opponent to keep from throwing something.

If my idea gets trashed I'd like to vote for latino's, if possible.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, we've had almost a hundred posts in several hours. That's good and bad.

The good news...
There are many good concepts posted and a surprisingly large majority of posters seem to be conforming with the rules. If we stopped taking suggestions right now, I think there are several really good concepts on the table to choose from.

The bad news...
There are a whole lot of illegal concepts. In fact, they are too numerous to reply to specifically. Some people don't appear to be trying very hard on their submissions. A few people look like they didn't even attempt to read the OP.

I think the good outnumber the bad, by a pretty good margin. So, in that regard, this thread appears to be going much better than CAP4.

Doug is right ^.^
Infernape >_>

Anyways, here's my Concept.

Name: Anti-CaP

Concept: A CaP pokemon designed to counter all the other previous CaPs. We all know that the CaPs all share a common weakness (psychic+flying), and all the previous CaPs will be more balanced in the metagame, not having some being average OUs while having some being borderline-uber pokemon. This pokemon will sort of be like the pokemon that keeps all the other CaP's power in balance.
I support you 96.8%

Name: Staller

Concept: Out of the 4 CAP pokemon theres no Staller Pokemon

Name: "Too Proud to Suicide"
Description: I was thinking of somewhat bulky pokemon lead that can annoy/boost to help their other pokemon partners in crime. We've seen those leads that suicide just to do some decent damage and set up, why not switch it up? Why waste a precious pokemon setting up when it can last longer and if needed, set up again?

Well there it was.
... Sorry if this idea isn't great, first time anyway... lol if that matters.

Name: Fallen Hero
Concept: Pokemon that gets better the more other pokemon on your team are either KOed or afflicted with status.

Concept: Variable Stat Booster
Description: A pokemon that may or may not start off particularly amazing stat-wise, but can use a variety of different stat raising moves such as Calm Mind or Dragon Dance to fill in many different roles.

I think this could be extremely interesting because of all of the different directions that it could go. Mainly, I am envisioning a pokemon that is unpredictable because of the many different roles it can fill in using stat boosters. Of course it would be limited by the four move slot syndrome. For example, a pokemon that could either use Cosmic Power to become an unbreakable wall, but on the other hand could sacrifice this possibility to become a strong sweeper with Swords Dance. Maybe it could use the ability Simple to make the boosting go quickly. Maybe it could get Suction Cups or Soundproof or the move Ingrain to keep from getting blown out. Maybe it could get Baton Pass to make its stat up abilities even more useful to the entire team. Maybe it could have none of these traits, but for the most part it should be able to effectively use many different stat boosters to fill just as many different roles.
Haha. I was going to post something similar under the name of "Prediction Bane." I figured it would just be a pokemon that could essentially fill a multitude of roles relatively well, making it really hard for the opponent to predict its moveset. But I think you pretty much covered it. :)

Obviously I support this idea, but I also have to say I really like TAY's, Mag's, and omdthatkid's.

I'm sitting on a pretty good idea, but I'm going to think on it for a while to make sure it is the best I can think of and follows all Da Rules.

Name: Fallen Hero
Concept: Pokemon that gets better the more other Pokemon on your team are either KOed or afflicted with status.
"Avenger" sounds better as it describes your idea better. It's a cool idea on paper but it would require an ability in order for it to work like that.

Name: Anti-Substitute

Description: Well, since Substitute has changed this game drastically, with many Pokemon rely on Sub + BP to live, and Subbing for status immunity or Focus Punch, we can now create something to be a complete nightmare for most Substituters.
just use pokes with roar/whirlwind

Super Fang / Brine 2HKO Machine
A Pokémon that's not fragile that can kick ass by combining Super Fang with Brine. OU-viable Super Fang would make Pokémon with huge amounts of HP like Blissey a little bit easier to deal with, and Brine is just gravy.

Name: Special Wall

Description: A pokemon that serves its team by blocking a broad spectrum of special attacks.

Explanation: Many pokemon can handle a few special hits by relying on their resistances, but if you want a pokemon that can take most any special hit, you have two choices: Blissey or Cresselia. Cresselia, though, is a mixed wall, and I personally am tired of Blissey as the only pokemon that is devoted to this job. What I'm aming for here is a defensive pokemon that isn't particularly good at physical defense but has a Spec Tank rating somewhere between Blissey and Cresselia. It also should either have only one or two weaknesses (like Blissey) or obscene stats and a large pile of weaknesses (sort of like Shedinja). A 4x weakness would probably ruin it because it would be the only type anyone would use against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)