CAP 5 CAP 5 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Set-Damage User

Description: This would be someone who can make use of moves that take off certain amounts of damage, such as certain numbers or percentages. It has several moveset options, and a new move could even be engineered.
Like Dragon Rage...?

It's ok to have a concept submission based around a move. It's not ok to have a pokemon based around a ton of moves. A pokemon based around Guard Swap is pretty interesting, it wouldn't be to bad.

Okay, since i forgot about the ability rule and my last post is worthless, I'd like to post a new concept, though you guys might get mad at me...

Concept: Super SubSeeder
Description: My concept is a Pokemon that can maximize the potency of the SubSeeding strategy.
Explanation: This would be a Pokemon that with SubSeed strategy would be insane. It would most likely be fast, have high HP and have good SpAtk.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Okay, since i forgot about the ability rule and my last post is worthless, I'd like to post a new concept, though you guys might get mad at me...

Concept: Super SubSeeder
Description: My concept is a Pokemon that can maximize the potency of the SubSeeding strategy.
Explanation: This would be a Pokemon that with SubSeed strategy would be insane. It would most likely be fast, have high HP and have good SpAtk.
Two problems with this. One, Pyroak. Two, you can't submit more than one concept, and you already submitted one.

Name: Gatling Gun
Description: A strong Pokemon that can make use of attacks that hit repeatedly. (Arm Thrust, Barrage, Bone Rush, Bullet Seed, ect.)

Concept: Brand-name foam football, otherwise known as Nerf
Descritption: A Pokemon with uber or near uber stats that is hindered so much by its typing, movepool, and/or ability that it is OU

Explanation: I've noticed in the last CaP that many of the Base Stat Totals were 555, and even though they don't matter that much, it is still high, so I thought "If they're going to be high anyway, let's make it uber." The challenge of this CaP would be to hinder this enought to stay in OU, but not be almost completely useless. *Stares at Regigigas*

I dunno, its all I could come up with.

Descritption: A Pokemon with uber or near uber stats that is hindered so much by its typing, movepool, and/or ability that it is OU

Explanation: I've noticed in the last CaP that many of the Base Stat Totals were 555, and even though they don't matter that much, it is still high, so I thought "If they're going to be high anyway, let's make it uber." The challenge of this CaP would be to hinder this enought to stay in OU, but be almost completely useless. *Stares at Regigigas*

You mean not completely useless, right?
And I would love to have a plausible Regigigas.

Concept: Mischief Master
Description: A pokemon built for OU around deception, trickery, and unpredictability.

Explanation: It would have access to several status moves, but have stats that are respectable enough to run more conventional sets of some sort, lending to its unpredictability. Of course, he would also probably have access to item manipulation moves, such as trick, switcheroo, and thief. Other possiblities include U-Turn and Fake Out.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Explanation: I've noticed in the last CaP that many of the Base Stat Totals were 555, and even though they don't matter that much, it is still high, so I thought "If they're going to be high anyway, let's make it uber." The challenge of this CaP would be to hinder this enought to stay in OU, but not be almost completely useless. *Stares at Regigigas*

As much as I love this concept, I don't think it's viable.

Concept: Boost Negater

Explanation: Having an ability which negates all kind of stats boosts/nerfs like DD, Sword dance and Charm except maybe stat boosts from abilities like Super Power and Guts (not Intimidate).
The pokémon itself not being a big threat in itself, maybe a quick status inducer or Spiker or something.

tennisace

Concept: Boost Negater

Explanation: Having an ability which negates all kind of stats boosts/nerfs like DD, Sword dance and Charm except maybe stat boosts from abilities like Super Power and Guts (not Intimidate).
The pokémon itself not being a big threat in itself, maybe a quick status inducer or Spiker or something.
Can't mention ability.

Sorry, my fault, should have lurked a little more about the CAP projects before posting. Anyway, it would just be Haze as an ability, and that wouldn't be anything really interesting even though it is useful.

Concept: Stat-Upper Counter
Description: A Pokemon that is able to counter many of the common stat-uppers of OU, such as Bulk Up Revanankh, Swords Dance Lucario, and Tail Glow Syclant, whether by typing, an ability such as Unaware, or use of moves like Psych Up, Heart Swap, or Punishment.

Explanation: I originally had an idea for a pokemon that would "counter" the opponent's statups (for example, as long as the opponent had +2 Attack, it would have +2 Defense) or that would reverse them (while it was in play, stat boosts would be equal drops, and drops would be boosts), but then I realized that these abilities might be too specific and/or broken.

EDIT: Neoplan's idea is sorta similar.

Concept: Special Counter

Description: A Pokemon with an ability similar to Intimidate but rather lowering Attack it lowers Special Attack. Which would be a very viable ability, more so in the Uber metagame which is filled with special attackers.

Explanation: I've had the idea of a Pokemon with such an ability for a while now. I always wondered why they haven't actually made Pokemon with this in the actual game.
Uh, refer to the OP.

I was going to do this, but I didn't know exactly how to word it, so I went with the Guard Swap idea instead. If mine isn't accepted, I'll support this one

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concept: Stat-Upper Counter
Description: A Pokemon that is able to counter many of the common stat-uppers of OU, such as Bulk Up Revanankh, Swords Dance Lucario, and Tail Glow Syclant, whether by typing, an ability such as Unaware, or use of moves like Psych Up, Heart Swap, or Punishment.
This is a great idea.

So far my favorites are this one, the Status user that was posted a while back (I can't find it =/ ), and, of course, my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)