CAP 16 CAP 5 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two from the previous post that was deleted, but I'll cut it to just these two this time so I don't get deleted again.

Pythet
Comes from "python," a type of snake, and "chet," which is Hebrew for sin.

Nachet
Comes from "nahash," which is Hebrew for serpent, and "chet," which is Hebrew for sin. Also sounds a bit like "not yet," which could refer to a fall from grace or some deep meaning.

I'm probably going to ditch Nahissh because of the lack of reaction/negative reaction to it. So it's really between "Pythet" and "Nachet."

Swisp
Snake and Whisper, pronounced phonetically, like lisp with an sw.
Whispering is one of the most persuasive tones, going with the temptation theme. The s sounds bring hissing to mind. It rolls off the tongue fairly well.
EDIT: Inanimate Blob, Nachet sounds much better to me. The 'th' in Pythet is a little annoying phonetically. They're both good names, though.

google translate is translating for me so these might be wrong but...

Lactaboa (allure + boa)
Pessimamba (mischievous + mamba)

i don't know which one i like better
I really like Pessimamba, but it seems like a more obvious explanation for the pessi- part of it's name is the word "Pessimist."

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
So, here are the potential names, one of which was stated before.

-Ringophis (English phonetic rin-GO-fis, IPA rɪn'goʊ.fɪs), from ringo (Japanese for apple) and the Greek ophis (snake).
-Anguile (IPA æŋ'gaɪɫ), from the Latin anguis (snake) and "guile", meaning trickery or deceit.

Which do you guys like better?

Not Final

Cultiviper

Cultivator + Viper. It has the ability harvest and cultivator hints at that along with it being part grass. Viper is fairly obvious as it's design is based on a rattlesnake.

"Pronounced: <kuhl-tuh-vahy-per>"
"IPA: <'kʌltə,vaɪpər>"

Kepplur

Combines the sounds of snake and apple lure. Which seems very fitting to it's name.

Pronounced:Kep-lER
IPA: kɛpplʌr

I'm thinking of the name Pythorn. A combination of "python" and "thorn". "Python" like the type of snake and "thorn" because CAP 5 has thorns on its body, and because it appears to be based on the snake in the story of the Garden of Eden. :)

(Two WIP)

--------------

Ominasp

Ominous + Asp

Pronounced: Au - min - asp
IPA: ɑmɪnæsp

Very simple, easy to recognize. "Ominous" is a good word that encapsulates the feeling of evil intent that accompanies this design.

-------------

Aggrasp

Aggressive + Asp

Pronounced: Agg - rasp
IPA: ægræsp

Another simple yet dangerous sounding name.

(WIP) will add pronunciation with final submission

Ok here's two I REALLY like

Surrpent
A combination of surripere(to snatch secretly) and serpent.

Surreptile
A combination of surreptitious(stealthy) and reptile.

Tell me what you guys think!

There's a bit of christian, greek, hindu mythology here. Let me suggest a norse alternative.

Idungand/Idungandr- I took the norse goddess idunn, the goddess related to apples. She also grows the golden apples that keep the asgardian gods young and Immortal. Her name means ever young and rejuvenator. This part refers to lumrest and sitrus berry abuse from harvest.
The second part comes from the midgard serpent, Jormungand who is Thor's nemesis. Jormungandr is said to come out of the ocean and poison the sky on Ragnarok. It is so big that it encircles the world and bites its own tail. If it lets go, the world ends
. Another alternative is Jormundun, same etymology

WIP

Alright, since theres so many Ouroboros entries, I'm gonna go with Soroboros [snake/serpent + sorrow + Ouroboros] so I can get the palindrome out of it to differentiate from the pack a bit.

and just to make it so my post isn't just a bump, here's a third option:

Orcharm (orchard + or/ore + charm) orchard as in apple orchard, or being french for gold or ore meaning the unrefined form of precious stones/metals such as gold, and charm being both a synonym of entice, and to evoke snake charmer.

I'll keep running with Auladon [aurum + Ladon], but I didn't think about Aurumoth, so I'm a little less stoked on it.

I'm going to give a suggestion-

Malishus
Pronounciation: mal-ISH-us
IPA: məˈlɪʃəs
Etymology: At first, it looks like a corrupption of malicious, which was intended. This references the Dark typing. However, the meaning goes deeper than that- Malicious is also a portmanteau of malum, Latin for both apple and evil, and delicious, because to be tempting the apple would certainly have to be delicious, would it not?

I'm going to try to give a submission too...

Zmesire
Pronounciation: Zme-SIRE
IPA: idk how to do this, I'll be very grateful if somebody explained it to me.
Etymology: the first part comes from zmey - russian for snake, the second part comes from desire.

I don't know if I should use this version or Zmeysire, and I'd love to receive critique and comments

Why is everyone so eager to jam "ouroboros" into their names?

I'm going to give a suggestion-

Malishus
Pronounciation: mal-ISH-us
IPA: məˈlɪʃəs
Etymology: At first, it looks like a corrupption of malicious, which was intended. This references the Dark typing. However, the meaning goes deeper than that- Malicious is also a portmanteau of malum, Latin for both apple and evil, and delicious, because to be tempting the apple would certainly have to be delicious, would it not?
My top pick so far

Came up with my third and final idea for a name for this evil little critter

Zenapletis or Xenapletis

Pronunciation: Zen-ap-uhl-tis
It is a combination of "Xenopeltis Unicolor", the scientific classification of the Sunbeam Snake, and apple. Any feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sinfehiss

A combination of sin, synthesis and hiss. Combines all of snakes, Grass, Dark and the Garden of Eden snake into one. Sinthehiss looked a bit odd to me so I altered it into the name above, but I'm also considering Sinferhiss, Sinfahiss and Sinphehiss as spellings. I'm not currently sure which spelling is best though.

Nahastile

Rolls off the tongue (imo ^-^) (na-HASS-tile) and combines elements of Nachash (Hebrew for "serpent"/"shine" [in the context of brass] as well as having biblical/garden of eden connotations), Naga (fantasy serpent race), Hostile (fitting in the malevolence) and Reptile.

Yay I'm finally contributing something

Taboa

Obvious mashup of taboo and boa. Taboo because forbidden fruit, boa because snake. It's pretty simple and I think it sounds good.

I really like Surreptile, Ominasp, Snidewindr (heh), Boallure, Hisscord, Cultiviper. I'm not too excited about all the mythology based names, they all seem too long and complicated. However, nothing so far has been as unpronounceable as Yveltal, so I guess they're okay.

Also

Hm, the homophobe could be a problem

I know a similar name was suggested, but I'm thinking Addlure, because it's a combination of Addler, a type of snake, and lure. Now that I think about it, Rattlure would work too, for the same reasons (Rattler + Lure). Which do you guys prefer?

EDIT: I also like Roserade Raider's Temptiss, but if I may, I believe it should be changed to Temptriss, because the extra r makes it sound a lot more like Temptress, which is an actual word. Plus, it just sounds better.

I choose...

Hisilishus, like hissing and a red delicious. hisilishus definition, make them nudists crazy. I wanna make em hurt, but God is saying "don't be shady"...
Now to be serious, I would choose Disgaloa. Discord+gala(like the apple)+boa Or Corrgaloa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)