CAP 16 CAP 5 - Part 4 - Primary Ability Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Natural Cure
Flower Gift
Chlorophyll

Ugh...internet problems...

Anyway, I like Natural Cure for giving it more opportunities to be useful. Flower Gift is underutilized, I think, and for sun abuse, Chlorophyll is hard to beat.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So Harvest wins outright with over 50% of the votes in the very first round.

Per our recent Policy Review change, next up is Stats. Secondary Ability will be discussed after the Stats are decided. The new threads will be made a little later tonight.

Code:
There have been 162 posts in the thread.

Array
(
    [chlorophyll] => 15
    [naturalcure] => 20
    [flowergift] => 42
    [harvest] => 84
)

Array
(
    [naturalcure] => 23
    [flowergift] => 46
    [harvest] => 90
)

Array
(
    [flowergift] => 55
    [harvest] => 101
)

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Great work, everyone. I don't think the result is a surprise to anyone, but the speed of consensus in the very first poll is pretty cool! Harvest is an intriguing ability, to say the least, and I think we can all agree it's power level relative to what we are typically capable of in CAP is high enough to make ripples throughout the rest of the process.

Stats is next, with Detroitlolcat leading the charge. Before we move on, though, I'd like to talk about the implications Harvest will have for our Secondary Ability discussion. If you'll recall, our process revision from the last PRC round establishes a strict metric for secondary abilities: they cannot overshadow, overpower, or over-anything our Primary Ability, and they cannot even potentially steer CAP in a different direction competitively. The Secondary Ability comes with a newfound emphasis on "secondary," so the powerful abilities we've already discussed like Chlorophyll, Flower Gift, and Natural Cure will be off the table, along with an expanded preliminary banlist. With as versatile a Primary Ability as Harvest, and with the strong direction established by its selection, I can say with little doubt that our secondary ability discussion will only entertain niche or purposefully underpowered options, and that both No Secondary Ability and Ineffective Ability will be automatically slated. Keep this in mind as you submit and discuss stat spreads.

And congratulations to everyone again for the top-shelf discussion we just had! This has been a huge improvement over past ability threads, a sentiment which has been echoing around IRC for a couple days, from the higher-ups even. I think we are more than ready to carry our momentum forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)