CAP 5 - PRC Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
READ THIS FIRST.

You do not need to apply to the CAP PRC in order to participate in CAP events. All polls and discussion threads in this forum are open for public use; the PRC serves an entirely different function that is separate from the current CAP process.

This thread is for people who want to apply to the Create-A-Pokemon Project Policy Review Committee. Remember, the PRC is in charge of discussing policy changes to the CAP Process in general, all of which take place in the CAP Policy Review Forum (which everyone can see but only CAP PRC are able to post in). Note that if you're a guest viewing the CAP forums, I don't think you can view the CAP PRC forum, so that is all the more reason for you to register and see what CAP is all about! We're currently in the middle of discussion on numerous topics, and it looks like more will be on the horizon. We'd love to add some fresh blood to these debates and discussions!

To apply, describe your involvement in the CAP Project in all areas, including but not limited to: past CAP polls, PR discussions, playtesting RMTs/discussions, CAP analyses workshops, #cap on IRC, CAP metagame involvement, submitted material, etc. It can really only help your case if you provide links to example posts for things like submissions or suggestions.

As an aside, we're not looking for perfect members or anything. There is not going to be a limit on the number of users the CAP moderators accept for the PRC, and we would prefer more to less. I doesn't overly matter how long you've contributed. We're mainly looking for the best users in CAP to step up and start leading, regardless of join date. If you feel like you have contributed positively to CAP in any way, please feel free to apply. Remember that we are especially looking for active CAP PRC members to be involved in our discussion. Furthermore, rejection now will not disqualify you permanently; signups will be open again after every CAP. Inactivity or serious misconduct is the only way to lose PRC status, so you have nothing to lose by applying and quite a bit to gain.

The CAP 5 Policy Review Committee

Axaj
Birkal
Bull of Heaven
bugmaniacbob
capefeather
CBMeadow
CiteAndPrune
DarkSlay
Deck Knight
DHR-107
DougJustDoug
Elevator Music
GRs Cousin
Imanalt
jas61292
Korski
Mdevil
nyttyn
paintseagull
Pwnemon
SgtWoodsy
srk1214
Theorymon
uwnim
Wyverii

All of these members will be given posting privileges to the CAP Policy Review subforum. They will have the ability to create threads on important CAP issues as well. They've also been granted the ability to vote on these issues and shape the future of CAP as a whole. PRC members, don't forget that you can PM any of the CAP moderators if you have any questions or concerns. We hope we can all be as active and vocal as possible in order to get work done. We can't wait to work with all of you to make positive changes in this project!

I'll apply. I have only been on Smogon since August and so have little experience, but I helped with Syclar (even though I was admittedly one pf the annoyingly persistent people pulling for mono-Bug typing), helped with Aurumoth, and I'm currently helping with Embirch/Flarelm. I'm not really sure if I'll make it but I've got nothing to lose, so I figured why not?

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh joy, PRC apps.

Hey once again. I've been around the CAP project since the start of 5th gen, and participated in pretty much everything that has happened since then. I try to be very involved in all discussions both during the CAP projects and in PRC threads. In addition to discussions, I have also made a few submissions, such as the second place movepool for Aurumoth, as well as a few winners for movepools and stats on prevos. Outside of the forums, I am quite active in #cap, where I am a HOp. I am also one of the most active current supporters of the CAP metagame.

I'm sure there is more I could say, but I really hate writing about myself, and I believe this is already a good summary of what I do here. The upcoming policy discussions look very interesting, and I can't wait to start discussing them.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello I am Korski, I make long posts, and I would like to be in this PRC because I want a say in the future of what is basically the only reason I have anything to do with any aspect of Pokemon to begin with.

I began my experience with CAP at the very start of the Cyclohm process and have been pretty well-committed since then. I was on a few PRCs back then iirc, definitely on the CAP10 PRC because of the social group, as well as the gen. IV CAP revision committee. In gen. V, I am known for submitting the winning concepts for CAPs 1 and 2, for submitting the winning movepool and lolpokedex submissions for CAP4, and for winning the Tomohawk playtest (then writing the Tomohawk OU analysis afterward). Beyond those, I am no stranger to final polls, so I can hopefully say with confidence that I have credibility to back up my experience. I know this project and this community well.

Most of my activity is done over at #cap, which is where everyone in this forum should be when they can be, as that's the place where CAP's best users throw every discussion under a microscope and hash them all out in real-time debate. Especially for new users, IRC is by far the best way to get acquainted with the sort of "background thinking" that goes into just about every effective post in this entire forum.

In the forums, I'm one of the posters who's modus operandi is the tl;dr wall-of-points method, which I use because I want to be thorough and avoid having to come back time and time again and risk thread-hogging. So when I post, I make it count. I have been keeping a close eye on the progression of how the process works, especially how the "strong TL" model has shifted and morphed over time into something more of a "benevolent dictator." With the sneak PReview (get it?) Doug's given, I can already see a number of topics I can't wait to get going on.

Can't hurt to try to apply.

Hello fellow members of the CAP community. I'm CiteAndPrune and, to get the obvious out of the way, I joined Smogon for the sole reason of participating in CAP. My first contact was through The Smog's articles around the time Krillowatt was released, but I haven't really thought of stepping deeper into the project until I discovered the CAP sub-site around Necturna's process. I've been lurking since then, registered and first posted when Mollux was in the movepoll stage, and have been around from that time on.

I'm following the PRC topics whenever possible anyway, so to be able to throw my voice in there is why I'm applying. Process contributions aside (I don't feel I have anything that really stands out... yet) I am a stubborn reader undaunted by any walls of text, and write some of those myself at times. Plus this way I could get to know you guys a bit better. Maybe.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello.

I've been around since about the end of CAP 5, possibly longer depending on your definition of "around", actively contributing since CAP 7, and a PRC member since CAP 9. I've never won a CAP poll, but I'm thoroughly committed to the project - between IRC, the forums, writing, and the playtest I'd say that CAP takes up the majority of my free time at the moment. Technically I'm one of CAP's two community contributors, and I've kept that honour for about four months now. I've been fighting many losing battles recently and I'm not about to stop now, that is assuming that you're willing to still have me.

I was also the most recent Topic Leader, but reading between the lines this does not seem to be a point in my favour. But I'll be hanged if I allow any action of mine to stop others from enjoying the same opportunity. I don't think anybody will question my devotion to this project but I'll present my work as a Topic Leader as evidence in its favour, as well as the numerous other things I wrote at the same time.

Hello, God Robert's Cousin, or GRs Cousin for short. Pleased to meet you. I'll just sum this up.
  • I was CAP4 committee member in the latter half of the project.
  • I have lurked since the end of CAP 10, contributed since the start of CAP 2.
  • I won the PokeDex entry poll of CAP 3; Runner up for CAP 4's stat poll
  • I frequent the CAP forums, a majority of everything I do regarding Smogon goes towards the CAP project
  • I think solely from a contributive perspective, even if it goes directly against the more popular members'/moderators'/topic leaders' opinion
  • I want to make CAP fun and easy for more than just the core members of the project
I would love to be a part of the committee once again. Being able to help with more than just competitive and flavor aspects of CAP would be wonderful.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Applying to remain a member of the PRC. First commented on Voodoom. First lurked on Colossoil if memory serves. Still have yet to win a poll for anything, but I make submissions for everything but art/sprites almost without fail. Been slated quite a few times for competitive aspects of movepool and stats. I'm currently one of the CAP tournament hosts, and once Aurumoth's playtest is finished (or the Aurumoth playtest tourney, whichever ends later), I'll be starting up a CAP tourney.

I share many of the same concerns that are raised in the PReview, and I hope I can stick around to discuss them all.

Why not try, really? I'm new enough to have shied away from contributing anything of competitive value to Aurumoth, unfortunately, but I'm confident enough to try for CAP5 now.

I believe that I may be of some value to the PRC. The biggest issue is that I just haven't posted the kind of posts I would in the PRC, so there aren't many examples to show. Grass-type Embirch arguments are the closest thing, but those are stuffy-sounding from a paranoia of noobiness. The basic gist of what I can do but haven't shown is that I can and will go against the popular opinion and challenge it, even if I agree with the popular opinion. I try to be able to think on both sides of an argument, and I can admit if I'm wrong, and will accept such a claim if it's reasoned to me. Basically, I try to provide something new to a debate, and I'm told this particular PRC period is going to be a big one, so I'd like to have a voice in it.

As for involvement in CAPs, not much, sadly. I began lurking somewhere around Mollux. My first actual CAP contribution was an entry for Syclar, after the obligatory noob stage subsided. I also submitted art for CAP4, and sprites for Aurumoth. I recently contributed art for both Pyroak prevos as well. I'm also trying out Aurumoth in the playtest a little, though I'm not too good at it. As for #cap involvement, I'm on almost every day. Same for forums, though I lurk more than I post- I hope debatable topics in the PRC might help with that. You shouldn't have to worry about lack of availability, that's something I can do. Unfortunately, most of this is just being taken on my word, especially considering my lack of involvement in CAP. If I don't get in, and I don't expect to, I won't mind and will watch the PRC like a hawk.

Oh, also, I sometimes rant. Big post make smart person, yeh?

TL;DR: The assets I may provide are availability and devil's-advocate counters to a popular opinion, as well as devil's-devil's-advocate to those counters. I haven't been here long enough to be in CAP much, though. I try to be open-minded to all sides of an argument.

Undernourished CAP-related list:
  • Lurked for Mollux
  • Submitted art for Syclar, Embirch & Flarelm, and CAP4, and will submit prevo art for Aurumoth
  • Participated in typing discussion for the Pyroak prevos
  • Submitted sprites for Aurumoth and will its and Pyroak's prevos
  • Online daily for long periods of time on both #cap and the forums
  • Playtesting Aurumoth
and if it counts, I will be attempting a lot more competitive discussion next CAP.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CAP moderators are not required to apply for PRC; they are automatically placed on the committee. However, I still feel that it is good for each of us to apply every once in a while to show that we are working at staying active in the CAP community.

I've been an active participant of CAP since CAP2: Necturna. I've lurked the CAP forums (and Smogon in general) since the end of Gen4 CAP5: Stratagem, and followed much of Arghonaut, Kitsunoh, and Cyclohm. Historically, I am the "greenest" of any moderator in terms of time spent actively participating. Since joining up officially at CAP2, I've done my best to support the excellent community we have here. Typically, I opt to provide feedback posts (example) rather than actual submissions. My favorite stages are concept submission, typing discussion, and ability discussion; I've participated in those heavily for the past three CAPs. I also work on the artistic side of the spectrum by providing feedback (mostly through PMs and IRC), as well as making submissions of my own (Cornmon and Hatbug). Although I have never won a CAP poll, I've been slated multiple times and took second in the CAP4 concept polls (link).

After CAP2, I became a CAP moderator, primarily tasked with running and developing the CAP metagame. Those plans fell through, so I ended up becoming a general CAP moderator. I've actively worked as a moderator for half a year now, doing duties like posting new process threads, doing vote tallies, and cleaning up unacceptable posts. I also started up the CAP Pre-Evolution Workshop and lead an entire process for making Syclar official. I'm now serving in that forum as a general guide; I currently work with DHR on making the Embirch & Flarelm process smooth. Furthermore, I'm a site staff member and work towards updating the CAP site. Much of that work has been stopped for the time being, but will resume once we finish up these PR threads before CAP5. I'm also a staff member on our simulator, Pokemon Showdown!, so I've used those abilities to organize the inaugural battle for CAP4 and a playtest tournament. Finally, I do have a sense of fun (believe it or not), which can be evidenced by the creation of a non-official fakemon: Froxbite, which I ended up leading the creation of in #cap.

I'm looking forward to working with all of you in the future! Again, if you're reading this thread, I implore you to consider applying for PRC. We're going to be covering some of the biggest issues of CAP; it's imperative you join us if you want a say in the future of this project.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
so i'm pwnemon

My probably #1 most selling point for PRC is my willingness to really dig into and work on logistics instead of just general platitudes and big-picture ideas, though it's not like i don't have any of those either! Other than my planning capabilities, I have participated actively in CAPs since necturna, especially on IRC, and peaked top 5 in Tomo's, Molly's, and Aurum's playtests, as well as possessing a rudimentary knowledge of the BW2 meta. While i'm really less interested in making pokemon themselves than in the logistics behind the pokemon we're making, I'd absolutely love to be a member of PRC again, especially with these mega super awesome prc threads that djd has promised us!

so yeah pick me or something :D

Fusxfaranto

gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
Hi I'm Fusxfaranto on IRC (I talk a lot there). I've lurked since Voodoom, but I've only been sporadically active since (mostly on Tomohawk) until Aurumoth, which I've been very active on. I didn't post much in it, but I read every thread and discussed every stage on IRC. I've also been active for the Embirch/Flarelm prevo process so far. Next time around I plan on posting a lot more (maybe I'll even submit a thing or two). Overall, I'm pretty interested in the CAP process, and I'd like to be involved in those decisions.

I would like to reapply for PRC. I started lurking during Necturna and posted a few times in the attacking moves discussion. Mollux was the first CAP I was actually involved in, took part in more discussions, joined the IRC channel and made my first submission(got slated but came in last). Continued to participate in Aurumoth and made submissions for stats and names, both got slated but neither did well.
I plan to continue contributing to CAP and will make attempts to improve the quality of my future submissions.

Applied for the CAP 4 PRC and managed to be accepted. Was reasonably active as a member and will contribute to the future topics if allowed on this PRC.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ill apply.
ive been here and lurking since necturna, and when im not late reading things cause of irl things, i post some. i also tend to discuss things on irc alot, and plan to improve my forum activity and such next cap.

as well as discussing most phases of necturna and mollux on irc, i have submitted several stat spreads, and usually look to contribute in the type and ability steps as well

I see no reason why I should not give a PRC application a go.

I am Mdevil. I'm pretty new; I lurked for about one week at the start of CAP 4 (I like to jump straight into things [I'm a kinetic learner; doing is more helpful to me than simply observing].) I've recently, ever since I discovered it, become quite addicted to CAP. It is due to this addiction that I want to join the PRC as, during the fabled and feared dead-zones between individual CAPs, I will be distraught with far too much time on my hands. Another reason I wish to be on the PRC is that if I am spending as much time on something as I am browsing CAP then I want to ensure that thing I am doing is being done as optimally as possible to ensure my time isn't being wasted. I want to be on PRC in order to ensure the CAP process is being performed as best as possible.

Those are basically all the reasons for why I wish to join; now for my CAP/Smogon statistics.

• I discovered CAP through The Smog archive
  • CAP tore me away from my previous passion on Smogon, trying to make Hail-Stall viable in OU
  • I've been around for Aurumoth and no other CAP'mons
  • I passionately wish to not only participate in creating and learning from CAPs, but to also improve the process in any way I can
  • My favorite stage of the process is the movepool submission phase because it is where art and competitive aspects meet; it includes both flavor and competitive aspects in one stage
  • I've lurked the PRC threads and read through the first few pages of threads in order to attempt to learn how the process has reached the point it is at today and I intend to read all past PRC threads
  • I've submitted a few things during Aurumoth's creation, a name, movepool, and pokedex entry, but was not slated in any category
  • I started getting on #cap IRC after a few weeks on the CAP sub forum and talk every once in a while (I had always gotten on utilising my iPad which is currently broken so I may not be there for awhile)
  • During Aurumoth's playtest's beginning, I was faring very well within the top 10, peaking at #1, until Heatran pissed me off and I began to forfeit every match with a Heatran in it. I now sit around 50 (UPDATE: 35) and am too discouraged by the drop to gain it back (instead now I'm working on learning B/W2 OU for ST9)
  • I'm yet to make any lasting contribution to CAP, but my goal is to have my name associated with a CAP'mon one day
  • I love semicolons (unimportant, but if I'm selected there will be at minimum three semicolons per post and it has annoyed others in the past)

I grant that my past here on Smogon is neither impressive or assuring of my ability; but I hope you see that I do wish to improve CAP in any way possible and have deduced PRC to be the best medium to do so.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi all

I have been lurking in CAP since Krilowatt, and have submitted art (including for prevos) and frequented #cap since Voodoom. I'm currently a voiced user in #cap. I've won one poll - the prevo art poll for Tomohawk (Scratchet).

My contributions are not only my submitted art, but also the critique and help with concept development that I give in the art and spriting threads. I also give feedback in #cap when it's requested, and I like to post my own art there for feedback as well. I also try to give thoughtful feedback in naming and pokedex threads.

I always follow and occasionally post (and get yelled at) in non-flavour threads, especially when it has to do with discussions of what is or is not on-concept, balanced, or reasonable. I do not generally post in technical threads like movepool or stats though I do try to make an informed vote when I can.

I enjoy discussing the politics and logic behind how CAP functions, which I mostly do in #cap when it comes up (or when I whine about it). I try to be a level-headed and mature user when it's needed, and light-hearted and fun user when it's not.

I am a proud supporter of prevos and cutemons. Someday I hope to actually do some competitive battling for reals (I did manage to get my nickname registered on PS though!).

I'll reapply.

I've been involved in CAP and #cap in some fashion or other since Revenankh (and I lurked Syclant's process). I also have half-ops in #cap which I use very responsibly.

I honestly don't contribute that much to CAP although I do vote on competitive and flavour polls very frequently. I figure that my experience over the lifetime of CAP will help guide CAP into a better direction.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Re-applying from CAP4.

Hi, my name is DarkSlay. I've been a CAP contributor for quite some time now, lurking in CAP9 and being a full participant since CAP10 and Krill. Over the past years, I've been a part of many discussions and have submitted numerous proposals that have been slated, such as concepts, movepools, stat spreads and Pokedex entries. While I have not won a poll yet, I've gotten as far as second place in some and still haven't shown signs of slowing down! In terms of CAP accomplishments, I was ATL of CAP2 (which was unfortunately shortened for me due to an illness in the family) and came in second for Voodoom's movepool (darn you Ice Beam!). I'm also a very active member of IRC's #cap channel and was once the co-second in charge of the CAP spin-off CAP ASB.

In the past (specifically Gen IV and very early Gen V), I was a successful battler and reached top 10 on numerous occasions on different ladders, ranging from OU to UU. Nowadays, I prefer to experiment fully with CAP projects and team building, leading to less ladder success and more learning-based success. I also was a very successful Team Rater for Gen IV.

Bull of Heaven

I won't be at all surprised if I'm rejected, but like everyone else is saying, might as well give it a shot.

I'm Bull of Heaven, though I've been TM30 in the past. I know Doug's OP said that this isn't a major concern, but I've been around since Syclant, and have seen a lot of CAP history. I haven't always been a particularly active participant in CAP, but I've made a few submissions, some of which have even been slated. I've also participated in playtests and on the old Shoddy server despite very limited battling skill, and am actually enjoying some moderate success with Aurumoth.

I'd also like to add that I'm applying now for the first time because I read Doug's post on what needs to be reviewed, and have a particular interest in the issue of CAP leadership. I've seen more than enough of it to have formed a few opinions, and have had concerns about the role of the Topic Leader for at least the last few CAPs. CAP is basically what keeps me on Smogon these days, and leadership affects even the most casual users, so I'd like to have a voice in deciding its future.

Past submissions:
Fidgit Movepool - slated
Stratagem Movepool
Krilowatt Movepool
Mollux Dex Entries - slated
Aurumoth Dex Entries - slated

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone, my name is NyttyN and I'm a CAPoholic reapplying to keep my position on the policy review Committee. I have been a part of CAP since the start of Mollux (AKA CAP3), and I have been a competitive battler for over a year and a half.

I am reapplying for a spot on the PRC because I believe I am a reliable user who has shown that he is both intelligent and has things to bring to the tbale. I have participated in much of the #CAP and forums debates, sitting out only the stats discussion in both Mollux and Aurumoth. I have submitted the movepool for Mollux, a movepool which ultimately won due to the fact I took the time to go over it with my peers as a combined effort. I also created the B/W2 CAP metagame discussion thread. My other contribution of note was facing off against Deck_Knight in the inaugural battle for CAP3, and coming out triumphant.

In adidtion, I am well versed in the OU and NU tiers, having topped the NU ladder on Pokemon Showdown! for quite a period of time, with a respectable 1.4:1 W/L ratio in OU. I have taken the time to read through a fair chunk of the CAP archives as well in preparation for this job (Syclant was particularly amusing to read).

I like to believe that I can keep a level head in discussions and debates, yet at the same time I am not silent. I can and will speak out against things I believe are wrong, but at the same time I am not all knowing. I will admit that sometimes I can be wrong, and I believe that I am perfectly able to face the facts and eat crow when I am wrong. I am also very good at working with others, and know when to be quiet and when to speak up.

So yeah uh you guys know me. Just letting you know I still want to be on the PRC. If re-accepted I'm going to go ahead and try and start some of those PRC topics that need to be started since few people will.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey guys time to reapply... I'm DHR-107 I've been around for ages and ages. I am currently leading the CaP Prevo Project of Embirch and Flarelm with Birkal's help. I am generally far more active in #CaP than I am here on the forum, and in #CaP I currently have HoPs status. I have also been involved with CaP since Pyroak back in the day originally, and have lurked for the majority of that time. I've been in the PRC since just after Necturna and would like to continue the post.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The CAP moderators have made our decision on who will be approved for the CAP 5 PRC; the results have been posted in the original post of this thread. Congratulations for all of those who made it! We will begin shortly with some PR threads. I'm excited to begin working on some of the most difficult and interesting PR issues that we have ever dealt with as a community. For those of you who did not make it, I encourage you to keep contributing to CAP and apply again at a later date. Feel free to send any CAP moderator a PM if you have questions.

Also, remember that PRC Applications will remain open. If you find yourself actively following what's going on in the CAP PR subforum and wish to join in the discussion, you are more than welcome to apply. Do so in this thread and the CAP moderators will review your application as soon as possible.

The chances are that I won't get in, as my reputation probably precedes me, but...

...I might as well give this a try...

Hello, I'm Eagle4. Although browsing through CAP archives in the past, I've only become a member of Smogon during Mollux's appearance. I'm a huge fan of CAP, regularly scanning the forum and posting when I feel something needs to be posted (And admittedly, when something doesn't). Although none of my submissions have been slated thus far, I actively include myself in discussions, always entering my submissions in the hope of being successful. One of my goals, in fact, is to have one of my submissions used for a CAPmon. My opinions are strong, and so I appear quite determined when posting and debating. However, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong, proven in such threads as the Embirch and Flarelm Typing Discussion, which features in the pre-evo subforum. I am also very active in that subforum, showcasing my ideas and regularly giving feedback.

I've always seen feedback as a necessity; it helps other members with their ideas, and although time-consuming, is effectively rewarding for me. I've recently joined #cap, in the hope of becoming a more prominent figure of the CAP project.

Thanks for ya time.

I'll also apply here for the first time.

I've definitely been around since CAP 5, (a bit longer, because I remember lurking ever since fidgit) and been trying to contribute to the project whenever I find between work, family, evening college, etc, ever since.
I love this project, and how it pushes it's participants to greater heights to achieve amazing community projects. I'm someone who probably get's a little too caught up in some debates, because I always love a good discussion. They can help you to thoroughly get to a better understanding of the subject, so I'm always hoping that whatever I write and contribute, provokes more discussion on the given subject.

While having followed this project for a long time, I too have noticed that some things that worked more efficiently in earlier times are now often less efficient. Since I enjoy this project so much, I'd like to get involved more in the perhaps upcoming discussions on how to streamline the CAP process again. I believe I have plenty of expertise in participating and leading projects, both at work, and at college, and I hope some of that experience can be of use to CAP as well.

Hello again, covering my sorry ass for the second (2nd) time. Yet again, I am sorry for not participating and using my PRC posting privileges, however this time it was not without reason. (As I've explained before, lost internet, couldn't get on forums/irc/etc.)

As for credentials, I'm a current halfop in #cap, been tinkering around cap since Voodoom, and a generally knowledgeable guy in regards to CAP and its competitive aspects as well as its inner workings.

If selected I look forward to serving on my fourth CAP Policy Review council.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)