1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 5 Pre-Evo - Final Product

Discussion in 'CAP Pre-Evolution Workshop' started by DetroitLolcat, Jul 23, 2013.

1. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Well, here we are. It's been eight weeks since we started discussing Brattler's typing, and now we have a full-fledged mini-snake that we can call our own! However, there's still one tiny little thing we have to add to Brattler before calling it 100% complete.

Height: 5'11'' or 1.8m
    Weight: 25.4 lbs. or 11.5 kg.

Rattlesnakes are roughly eight feet long (most rattlesnakes, fully grown, range from six feet to eight feet), and Brattler, judging by its art, is a pretty well-grown rattlesnake. I imagine that Brattler fully develops as a rattlesnake before evolving into an anaconda. Giant anacondas, which Malaconda is based off of, are about to 25 feet long. There have been reported lengths of larger than 25 feet, but ~25 feet is the longest that has been verified. Therefore, I multiplied Malaconda's length (18 ft. 0 in.) by 8/25 to arrive at 5.76 feet as Brattler's length. 5.76 feet rounds to 5'9''. However, most Pokemon have very specific heights and almost no Pokemon has a unique height, and there are no Pokemon that are 5'9'' long. Therefore, I rounded 5'9'' to 5'11'', which is the closest height to 5.76 feet that would not be unique to Brattler. 5'11 is also the length of Dratini, Gorebyss, Meganium, Furret, Haxorus, Scizor,and Hydreigon. Brattler is about eight inches shorter than Ekans for comparison. However, this still makes Brattler taller than Charizard, Skarmory, Heatran, and Regirock. So artists, if you would like to draw pictures of Brattler dwarfing Charizard and Heatran while standing eye-to-eye with Haxorus and Hydreigon, be my guest :)

25-foot anacondas weigh about 500 pounds give or take, and rattlesnakes weigh about one percent of that. Since making Brattler 2.4 pounds would just be nonsensical, I decided to just use the ratio of Arbok's length to Ekans' length (the two existing Pokemon that best compare to Malaconda and Brattler, and got:

240 lbs. x 15.2 lbs./143.3 lbs. = 25.46 lbs. This is rounded to 25.4 lbs. because Pokemon weight is always rounded to the nearest tenth of a kilogram, and 25.4 lbs. equals 11.5 kilograms. Not the most rigorous math, but it gets the job done. This puts Brattler on par with heavyweights such as Kabuto, Aipom, Cascoon, and Mawile. If you can explain to me how Mawile, a two-foot tall mass of steel, weighs as much as Cascoon, a cocoon, be my guest. Until then, Pokemon weights are messed up. Brattler weighs more than Turtwig, but less than Patrat. Again, a turtle with a clunky shell weighs less than a rat. But enough Brattler prattling.

That's it! We've finished making Brattler, Malaconda's pre-evolution! It's great that so many people participated and that so many people got to attach their ideas to our creation! Thank you to every person who contributed even one post to this project because dedicating your time to something like this is commendable. Especially with the DDoS and the hacking incidents, it's a real testament to how awesome you all are that you cared about this project even during those awful delays. Special thanks to the moderators (mostly paintseagull and DougJustDoug!) for posting polls and taking vote counts during times when I wasn't on during the deadline. It really helped move the process along.

Also, congrats to DHR-107 for winning the Stats Poll, paintseagull for winning the Art Poll, Spork for winning the Name Poll, jas61292 for winning the Movepool Poll, scorpdestroyer for winning the Dex Entry Poll, and Quanyails for winning the Sprite Poll. It takes effort just to make a submission in any of these, much less make the submission that wins the polls!

And now here is Brattler, in all his Brattly glory.

Type: Grass/Dark
    Art: [​IMG]

Abilities: Harvest/Infiltrator
    Stats:80/70/40/20/90/30
    Name: Brattler
    Sprites:[​IMG]

Movepool:
    Level Up

Evolves level 33

1 - Vine Whip
    1 - Pursuit
    1 - Wrap
    6 - Pursuit
    12 - Wrap
    18 - Grass Knot
    25 - Sucker Punch
    30 - Slam
    34 - Leaf Blade
    39 - Crunch
    44 - Wring Out
    50 - Power Whip
    55 – Punishment

TMs/HMs

TM05 Roar
    TM06 Toxic
    TM10 Hidden Power
    TM11 Sunny Day
    TM12 Taunt
    TM17 Protect
    TM21 Frustration
    TM22 SolarBeam
    TM27 Return
    TM32 Double Team
    TM42 Facade
    TM44 Rest
    TM45 Attract
    TM46 Thief
    TM48 Round
    TM53 Energy Ball
    TM66 Payback
    TM67 Retaliate
    TM82 Dragon Tail
    TM86 Grass Knot
    TM87 Swagger
    TM89 U-turn
    TM90 Substitute
    TM93 Wild Charge
    TM95 Snarl
    HM01 Cut
    HM04 Strength

Tutors

Bind
    Dark Pulse
    Foul Play
    Giga Drain
    Heal Bell
    Iron Tail
    Knock Off
    Seed Bomb
    Sleep Talk
    Snore
    Spite
    Synthesis
    Worry Seed

Egg Moves

Aromatherapy
    Beat Up
    Glare
    Haze
    Night Slash
    Poison Powder
    Scary Face
    Screech
    Sweet Scent
    Stun Spore

-----
    Fin.​
    PoJ likes this.
  2. Base Speed

Base Speed What a load of BS!
    is a Pre-Contributor

Great work everybody. I had great fun making Brattler and it's turned out awesome.
  3. P2X7

P2X7

Heh, nobody seems to be noticing this thread, maybe because of the CAP 6 concept submissions? Anyway, good job to everyone involved. See, I said good job, so this isn't just a useless bump.
  4. Svenwill

Svenwill

Just a quick question; why do we make these pre-evos? Is it just for fun? I've seen it stated somewhere that these aren't for LC teams, so... why are they made? Just out of pure curiosity :)
  5. Nyktos

Nyktos Custom Loser Title

Mostly just for fun. They add a bit of flavour, and they're something to do in between proper CAPs. I believe they're used in ASB, too.
  6. Svenwill

Svenwill

Okay, thanks! I'm definitely gonna try to help out with the next one.
  7. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

This has been a great little project guys :) Thank you all for taking part and making this little guy a reality! We got a bit beaten on by what happened to Smogon, but still it all came together nicely in the end :)

Oh... And 500th Post :eek: Don't really want to say a lot, but thanks to everyone who has made my time here on Smogon so great. Especially Birkal, Paintseagull, Kadew, Eagle4, Theorymon, Deinosaur, Layell, Elcheeso, Firemage, IAR, SuperJOCKE, HULAVUTA and a whole bunch of other people who I have talked to over the years from CaP, Orange Islands and #Pokemon. Thank you for making my time here special and engaging.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)