CAP 5 Pre-Evo - Part 3.1 - Abilities Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This is the first poll in which we will narrow down the field of eight sets of abilities to move on to the next stage.

This poll will be a Multiple Bold Vote poll, meaning that voters are free to vote for as many or as few ability sets as they please.

Since there was definitely a divide on whether people prefer Infiltrator or Harvest as the ability to retain, many of the abilities suggested were slated separately with Harvest and with Infiltrator. Harvest, being the primary ability of Malaconda, will remain the primary ability of the pre-evolution if Harvest is selected as one of the abilities. Likewise, Infiltrator, being Malaconda's second ability, will remain the secondary ability of the pre-evolution if Infiltrator is selected as one of the abilities.

Here is the format of a legal vote:

First Entry I Like
Second Entry I Like
Third Entry I Like

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. As with IRV or normal bold voting, only the votes themselves should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
Unlike the Typing Poll, order does not matter in this poll. You may vote for as many or as few options as you like, and the most popular options will move on to the next round. You may vote for one option, two options, etc. up to and including all eight options.

The rules for discussion have not changed from the Typing Poll. You may comment on your vote, talk about your vote, and provide justification for your vote. However, do not start or participate in a discussion in this thread. The time for ability discussion was in the previous thread entitled Abilities Discussion. If you would like to discuss which Abilities you like, please do so on IRC. This thread is only for votes and optional commentary.

Also, remember only to post your vote in bold. Post your entire vote in bold, but do not place anything in bold besides your vote.

Malaconda's abilities are Harvest/Infiltrator. Here is Malaconda's Final Product.

This poll will stay active for 24 Hours. If the site experiences upkeep issues during that period, then the deadline will be extended as it was for the Abilities Discussion.

Here is the slate of options you may vote on!

Pickup/Infiltrator

Leaf Guard/Infiltrator

Harvest/Leaf Guard

Harvest/Shed Skin

Shed Skin/Infiltrator

Harvest/Infiltrator

Harvest/Cute Charm

Harvest/Prankster

Our Pre-evo so far:

Type: Grass/Dark
Abilities: TBD
Stats: TBD

Happy voting, everyone!

Harvest/Prankster

Prankster has so many flavour factors going for it. It brings out the dark typing of Miniconda through cheekiness and slyness rather than sinister actions. Also, think about how many pranks Miniconda can play with that dangling tail! Furthermore, Prankster has precedence in that, whilst Prankster is fairly exclusive, a number of prevos lose the ability upon evolution: Riolu and Murkrow. And if you're talking about the Cottonee line getting Infiltrator, it also gets Prankster!

Looking at Harvest, I see no strong reason to remove it. Keeping it has precedence, as Exeggute keeps Harvest when evolving into Exeggutor. Also, with the prevo designs submitted so far, most can use Harvest in some way, through apples, apple flowers or even just the seeds. Keeping Harvest is certainly something I'd recommend.

Bull of Heaven

Shed Skin/Infiltrator
Leaf Guard/Infiltrator
Pickup/Infiltrator

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Harvest/Infiltrator

I don't see any reason to not have Malaconda's abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)