1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 6 CAP 6 - Art Submissions

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by darkie, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stagnant

Stagnant

I think I've found my base...

[​IMG]

From that I've made FakeMon so far...

[​IMG]

ShrewMon. Hehe.. a very crude version that I doubt I will even bother to touch. I love the design though Big, Bulky, it has to carry its stomach around, and not to mention seemingly powerful.

Edit: Yep, I couldn't draw out legs so I'll let it be for now.
  2. dmlaw

dmlaw

I'd say that my favourite so far are Doug's followed by Wyverii's. Unlike some I really like the hidden flying aspect of the stork.The only thing that bothers me about Doug's design is that it's left hand looks a bit like it's bending the wrong way. It kinda feels that it it were angled slightly differently it might seem a little more natural.
  3. jagged_angel

jagged_angel

Haha KoA that is win. I love the long sensei style tache! Looking forward to colour.

Exclamation Point that could easily turn into an awesome Duckbilled Platypus.

What do you mean you wont touch it? It has to be in colour to be eligible for submission. Come on, it could turn out great! :-)
  4. goaliedude3919

goaliedude3919

To KoA: I think it's a good design,it just looks like too much of a man with a tail and not enough like a merman. If you replaced its legs with a fin and made it a little bulkier, I think it would be really good.
  5. Genesis of Oblivion

Genesis of Oblivion

Just for that artwork, I will personally quit spriting and all artistic works if that doesn't win. The gracefullness of that design, the badassness of it's side view (which makes me want it as a digimon but w/e) This has to win wyverri. Storkmon FTW!
    One minor nitpick, those light blue markings on it's face don't really stand out that much, perhaps make it black?
  6. Estranged

Estranged

Thats looks awesome KoA, but I'm not a huge fan of the arms though, don't know why. Perhaps you could make them more fist-like
    (cool sensei 'stache though.)
  7. darkjjak

darkjjak

KoA that's freakin awesome!

Doug the change you made to the hands was definitely an improvement. Great job there.

The betta looks pretty good too. Nice job on it!

Atryoki, I love the anemone (anemoninja is a cool nickname)! I hope you decide to color it in.

This is going to the toughest decision ever.
  8. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Doug's is a lot better than before, but my vote still goes to Wyverii's.

I'm agreeing with the black face markings comment.
  9. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

[​IMG]

Made a pixelated version because it's much easier for me to shade, and it looks alot better without the white-space :S
  10. Bluecaptain

Bluecaptain

That does look better, I think that you could try the face mask as a shell-ish fin type thing, similar to the arms and shoulders, I think it would give it a bulkier look.
    Nice!
  11. Roserade Raider

Roserade Raider

KoA: The tail on your warrior is a little weird.. positioning wise
  12. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

If you change anything, I will personally hunt you down and kill you. That is a fantastic design, Atyroki!
  13. Elegy

Elegy

Ok, then... after a tweak in it's size... here you go.
    My first art submission, and it was designed by me on my comp.
    [​IMG]
    It's a deep sea form of a dragon-tadpole thing. It has big claws and teeth so it looks cool to me :) This is a computer design but I am pretty handy with pencils, so give me a couple tips to improve my work and I might get a better pose for you guys.
  14. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

Well It'd be nice meeting you I suppose, but I'll have to reject your offer :D (So yeah, no plans to change it)
  15. Antarctros

Antarctros

Final Submission

Main Design:

[​IMG]

Albeit a bit late for having been on a trip, I present my design for CAP 6. Like Cartoons!, I had decided to base it on Mexican wrestlers, though as the picture shows, I placed the concept on top of an elephant seal. I tried several times to rework it after seeing the squid, but honestly I couldn't (it looked extremely ridiculous as a Greco-Roman wrestler, I tell you). Still, since my pokémon's body plan is essentially different than Cartoons!', I feel submitting it should not be inconsiderate.

Anyway, I chose a male elephant seal because their fights for mates and territory, though rarely fatal, are incredibly brutal. Also, the way they move on land, proppelling themselves with their fins, reminds me of a luchador impulsing himself with the ring's ropes. (On a side note, these animals can outrun a human being over sand like that!)

Extra pictures:

- Preparing to crush a... rival?!
    - Quick back view of the head
  16. Rujak

Rujak

Antarctros: I like the idea, but for some reason the underbelly looks very detached from the rest of the body, like he's holding a surfboard in his teeth. :S
  17. Hazmat

Hazmat

I like this. I'd personally get rid of all of the extra detail on the belly and have it match his nose coloring.

I'd also like it more if the top head didn't have the faux stitching or light blue color too. Too many details and it won't translate well to a potential sprite.

And because I can't make a post without contradicting myself, I'd like to see some tusks!
  18. Pombo

Pombo

Wiverii art looks great, but.... its looking flying. I love the idea of going off the stereotypes, but.... its looking flying. Another point: they want to give it High HP/high defences ( it will need to take TTars, Zapdos and Strata...), as you can see in the base stat spread poll. The BSSpread for this thing is 80/120/70/115/90/105 (fast an strong, but kinda frail)
  19. Roserade Raider

Roserade Raider

So far, I like Caladbolg, Wyverii, Antarctros, and Cartoons
  20. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

ugh, I'm having a time and a half of a hard time trying to get a color scheme in mind for this guy. Usually the colors just come to me, but I'm drawing total blanks now. Any suggestions?
  21. Antarctros

Antarctros

Hazmat, you have some excellent points there. I didn't remove it completely but I've simplified the belly design, and changed the top color to the match the nose's, and I like it better myself already. Stitches stay, but I changed the top color to match the stripes to simplify the color scheme further. The results can be seen in the post above. (Original picture here)

That's mainly because of the black outline. A sprite would probably solve that, if the design reaches that stage.
  22. pit-fall

pit-fall

I really like Cartoon!'s design, and would love to see it expanded upon.
  23. Hazmat

Hazmat

Much better. I'd say remove the stitch and tie still to unify the piece, but if you like them -- keep them :) . The tusk looks much better too!
  24. Naxte

Naxte

That's the point of Wyverii's design and is purposeful; she meant to create a water/fighting type that had flying characteristics, so that flying attacks could be justified on it. She went with it because she thinks people are too constricted by stereotypes, and makes odd conecpts because of that. I really don't see her changing it in that respect, since it having flying aspects is the entire point of the design.
  25. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

A nice concept, I'd say. It's pretty natural and, say, "pokémonish". I think the triangular mark would be better; this pokémon already has a lot of... lines.

Flygon looks like a Bug/Dragon, or Dragon/Flying to me; Sceptile could be a Grass/Dragon, but is only Grass. Why do we always have to have bird pokémon as Flying-types?

Also, being "secretly Flying-type" may be good for it, as it would mean access to Roost =D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)