1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 6 CAP 6 - Art Submissions

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by darkie, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tea_and_blues

tea_and_blues

This is only really my second attempt at drawing using Paint.net (I've always used MSPaint before) so forgive if the technical side is a bit lacking. I think I'll change this to be my final. Opinions?

[​IMG]

Gosh, the art poll should happen any hour or day now! I hope plenty of designs make the cut!
  2. Pink

Pink

Cyzir! I love it!!! You def. have my vote. What I like is that your submission looks like it can do everything it needs to do. I like it a lot.

EDIT: And I love the colors you settled on. They work great together, and Orange kicks ass.
  3. tea_and_blues

tea_and_blues

I've added some last minute action shots, because all I had was a really early, really crappy hydro pump. Here's Slam/Tail Whip/Power Whip and Hydro Pump/Water Gun. I might do some punches and biting moves as well, but I may not have time. EDIT: Added a pic of the moray building up an Aura Sphere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

This guy reminds me of Bowzor from Mario awesome job!
  5. jagged_angel

jagged_angel

Yeah, with the legs of Diamond Weapon from FF7 - seriously they're exactly the same :-)

tea and blues those action shots are great :-) I think the Aura Sphere one is very cool and shows what the shoulder pads are for which was previously unclear - great job!

As for what should be your final submission - I liked the more detailed earlier submissions more but I guess the more recent one is more cartoony and therefore it might be easier for some people to imagine as a pokemon.

Cyzirvisheen this supporting material is Fantastic! Especially Gyarados getting a Thunderpunch in a belly :-) Serves it right. Oh and Syclant getting Sky Uppercutted is a standout pic too :-)
  6. Sanglunaria

Sanglunaria

7. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

8. ANinyMouse

ANinyMouse

I'm still going to be voting for Wyverii, all the way.
  9. Vividsketch

Vividsketch

Yeah, he actually reminds me, and I suppose I drew inspiration from, alot of characters we all know and love. Bowser clearing is in there. But also the likes of Blastoise, Hariyama, Machamp even the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!! lol! So with a host of influences like that, he has no trouble living up to his purpose as a decentralizing Water/Fighting type.

Doesn't look as though he's gonna gain much support here, but I still got a big soft spot for him :)
  10. ChronoSquare

ChronoSquare

I was going to try and come up with some other variation on the theme "pirate", but seeing as I just remembered smogon and the CAP project right at the tail end of the art design I think I'll just leave my support for aragornbird.

I do prefer these versions to that other one you mentioned, the "extraneous lines" on the weapon-limbs indicate an organic tool, as in past this point the tentacle is hard and razor-sharp - keratin-based, if you will.
  11. Kharozz

Kharozz

To me, the question is which pokemon looks like it can tank? Or at least be a bit bulky to sponge some hits. Vivid's turtle has a shell and shell's represent some sort of defense while Cartoon's Luchasquid looks pretty bulky with it's shape. Anemoninja also looks like it can "soak up" some attacks. Either way, I'm rooting all the way for EL LUCHASQUID!
  12. jagged_angel

jagged_angel

I wouldn't vote using that reasoning personally, as there are lots of pokemon that have bulky stats and look quite frail or small; Celebi, Jirachi, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Umbreon and Uxie are good examples.

I'm gonna vote for the design I like the most. Trouble is I really like about 5 designs.

Damn you good artists! Why'd ya all have to come along and make us choose only 1 of your designs.
  13. The Business Man

The Business Man

Haha, ALMOST Wingull/Pelipper :P. And yeah, this is pretty much where I was coming from. I would definitely not change the Blue, and I was more coming from a 'change the white' view. But yeah, it'll always have flying elements thanks to it being based on a bird (Empoleon is a bird yes, but penguins can't fly IRL anyway...). Still, good design. A strong #2 as of now in my book.
  14. Urza

Urza

maybe wyverri's shiny should be black...like a cormorant...

if it gets chosen anyway
  15. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Guys, please refrain from using possible moves or pictures of your pokemon performing possible moves in your final submissions.
  16. IceBug

IceBug

Can I re-submit, with a fixed sizing?
  17. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

This is referring to the Main Design. Supporting Material can contain just about anything. See the OP of this thread for more info.
  18. Bass

Bass Brother in arms
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Yes, just make sure that it is 800 x 600 px or less.
  19. IceBug

IceBug

Thank you, sorry for any trouble (stupid tinypic and your "800x600" option...)

Finally, my submission!

Main Submission:

[​IMG]
    Submission Support:

http://i43.tinypic.com/20zxq9i.jpg

A trio of urchin trained in the art of the ninja. Despite their size (about 2' 6''), the spikes surronding the add a great degree of bulkiness. Through cooperation, they can even pull of punching moves by launching one urchin at the target using a slingshot motion. Of course, the art of the entry hazard has been mastered, as well as a few Poison moves, were picked up in their intence training. However, their focus is not always on the same target, and as such they can sometimes seem Unaware of the danger of a foe.

For your consideration: The Ninja Urchin Trio!
  20. Farfin

Farfin

21. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Xatu's ultimate rival o__o
    awesome
  22. Urza

Urza

wow, farfin, nice job. i don't think you'll win this (way too early to tell), but i would not be disappointed if you did. don't know where i'll vote on this guy...any chance darkie will reconsider one vote per?
  23. Deck Knight

Deck Knight DK! DK! Donkey Kong is here!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

I'm supporting nardd's Drunken Master Sea Otter all the way. It's just bloody brilliant and fits Unaware to a T.

BRILLIANT!
  24. WaffleChan

WaffleChan

Despite all the amazing submissions from others I'm throwing my support behind this one, and not just because I'm a hard-core Canucks fan. I like the colouring and the orca, gives it an ocean feel which I like, but still seems very viable on land.
  25. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i feel like the "bill reid" stuff should be toned down a bit with the design emphasized (like xatu just has native "accents" and not so much "full body tattoo") but yeah i love the design, being canadian :D

edit: the teeth are great lol!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)