CAP 6 CAP 6 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I offer to you, my concept submission.

---------------------

Name: The Physical Blissey
Description: A Pokemon capable of coming in the majority of Physical attackers and threatening them in some way.

----------------------

This one Pokemon could wildly shake up the Metagame as we know it. Much like Blissey, it should be able to do little offensively, and have fairly few support options, but what it does have ... it should be able to utilize incredibly effectively.

Not only do I believe that this Pokemon would be benificial to the Metagame at large, but I also think that it would be a nice change of pace for the CAP community. I am interested in seeing how the community will go about balancing, while not nerfing, this tentative Pokemon.

Consider the submission... you won't regret it!

I kind of like this concept. But i think it would creat a new metagame with alot more trick users and pkmns with fighting moves. Because of, if the physical blissey should share weaknesses with the original bliss, it needs to be weak to Fighting. It could be weak to Dark also as Pursiut does alot to her to and is common on her counters. So Dark or Fighting would probobly be the new moves you'll need.

But I would like to try to make this pokemon work. So this one has my support.
and I also really like TehPiplupMans Tier-Tossup, because it would (probobly) add new pokemons to the OU.

Lets throw this in:
Name: Tier-Tossup
Description: Something that can handle top tier threats but falls to some lower pokemon

I am rather sick of the same group of Pokemon coming again and again. This could enrich the metagame by bringing some lesser seen Pokes into the OU area while reducing spammage of the EXTREMELY overused Pokes (and you know who I'm talking about..)

It is like saying: their ideas are better, but you could use some points of my idea to make them even better! Really, if their idea is better than yours, why would we bore mixing their better with your worse - or anyone else worse, even mine, for that matter?. If you want to add something to the winning idea propose it in the following threads. Do not come here making unprobable suggestion please.

We need it, indeed. A cool pokeomon who still loses to Celetran, Skarmbliss etc, who is outclassed by standard sweepers, who does not claim any niche is a failure. It is better to start off already original ideas metagame-wise

Hope this is clearer now.
If I am correct, you're saying that mixing a good idea with a bad idea is not good, correct? well, what if they are both good ideas? It's perfectly reasonable.

I agree that if we have to start with one idea, we should start with a metagame centric one, or a metagame centeric one with a flavor. However, why not start with one of each?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright, expect a sort of a long post here... so if you're not into reading one, I suggest you leave now.

There are oh so many "creative" ideas that we could go with, but I feel that perhaps you could consider a less "creative" one, in lieu of one that would benefit the metagame at large.

It's no small secret that the metagame is largely centralized around physical attacking. They have the easiest time breaking through and making a sweep. And have, in general, better distribution of stat-upping moves such as Swords Dance. A quick look at OU Pokemon used will reveal that the majority of them are of the Physical variety.

Now if you were to look at the physical attackers of OU, it is pretty apparent that they are the more powerful Pokemon compared to their special attacking counterparts (whose usefulness generally stems from the lack of good Special Defense of the majority of OU, rather than raw power). Very rarely does anyone complain about special attackers (atleast those who are good at battling). And that is because of one thing, Blissey. Blissey is such a complete stop to what special attacking has to offer that if one has such a huge special weakness, the only thing you need to add is Blissey and you're good to go. The beauty of Blissey, however, comes in its exploitable weaknesses, and lack of ability to do MUCH of anything but sit there and stall (aside from the gimmicky Calm Mind set).

So I offer to you, my concept submission.

---------------------

Name: The Physical Blissey
Description: A Pokemon capable of coming in on the majority of Physical attackers and threatening them in some way.

----------------------

This one Pokemon could wildly shake up the Metagame as we know it. Much like Blissey, it should be able to do little offensively, and have fairly few support options, but what it does have ... it should be able to utilize incredibly effectively.

Not only do I believe that this Pokemon would be benificial to the Metagame at large, but I also think that it would be a nice change of pace for the CAP community. I am interested in seeing how the community will go about balancing, while not nerfing, this tentative Pokemon.

Consider the submission... you won't regret it!
Considering...and completely supporting. I really can't think of a better concept to help the metagame right now. I like the idea, however, one nitpick. Change "Wall" to "Tank". I don't like the idea of an outright wall, but something along the lines of say, Zapdos or Appliance Rotom would be good. Those examples can "Wall" threats, but still hit things hard on the offensive too. This would also help you fit it onto offensive and stall teams, much like Vaporeon or Zapdos can.

Well, this would be an alright concept but what about the predictable CAP6/Blissey walling combo. Though I guess the whole typing thing would need to be discussed first. But it's a good concept never the less.
If you're already comparing this to SkarmBliss, know that "walling combinations" generally won't get you far in D/P/Pt. You need a full stall team core if you want something to compare to SkarmBliss in ADV, because things like Mixape and Mixnite tear right through it.

I could see this working maybe if it shared common weaknesses / counters to Blissey so it there wouldn't be CAP6/Blissey in every team. Then again if they both had a common counter the metagame could overcentralise to that counter...just something to dwell on. I'm tired, so sleepy time for me now.
Again, not needed really, see Mixape/Mixnite example. All you need is something that can go mixed with good type coverage really. It wouldn't overcentralize, because there's always going to be more than one thing that can take care of both.

I agree with what other people are saying, that if this pokemon becomes a physical bliss, everyone will use two slots for bliss/CAP 6. I think this will cause even MORE centralization. It cuts the amount of physical attackers down to those that can deal with CAP 6, or people will just play more special sweepers. But if everyone plays Bliss/Cap 6, That's only 4 slots for any team left, which will be taken up by either the few physical sweepers that can handle CAP 6, the few special sweepers that can handle Blissey, or a mixture of those pokemon. In my opinion, this would over-centralize the metagame. Not to totally plug my concept, but IMHO, a pokemon that has specific counters that don't work in other situations will create more variety, due to the occasional team carrying CAP6 (there's 1 more pokemon right there), and the occasional team carrying on of the few
not-so-useful-otherwise CAP 6 counters, adding more variety. My specific concept being a shapeshifter pokemon, which would demand counters that almost by definition have to not be used otherwise.

Just my 2 cents.
How do you know? What about people who don't like playing stall, obviously they won't pack two slots for either of them. You don't need to be able to deal with Blissey to be successful in the metagame. You can just pack other members that can, like Machamp or Revenankh. Walls can be played around usually, and if you can't, then you're not that good a player. A good player should be able to play around certain threats in order to achieve their goal, unless their backup plans are taken out. In that case, you were outplayed anyway. You don't need physical sweepers or special sweepers that can deal with physical/special walls, that's why there are 5 other members in your team.

Also, both Stall and Offense gain something in this, it's not all to one side. Stall obviously gains a new toy for its team, but Offense gains something that can take a few hits and provide a pivot Pokemon (one that you switch to in transition to one of your other Pokemon).

I can't think of anything other than a Pokemon that deftly counters the entire metagame that would be more benificial to the current world of Pokemon.
This is where what I said earlier comes in, change it to "Tank". Wall implies Blissey, where it really can't do much besides sit there and take hits. Tank implies it can do something back, a la Zapdos or Skarmory. Tanks generally can fit into both offense and stall teams, while dedicated walls usually go with stall.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK well I might as well repost mine from last time, since it got a lot of support:

Name: Behold, the Power of Aura!
Description: This is a pokemon which specializes in reducing its own HP and gaining benefits from doing so.
Explanation:
There a several pokes that have gimmicky sets which involve reducing their own HP, but nothing is really great at it. This pokemon should pretty much need to cut its own HP in some way in order to make any of its sets effective. There are a huge number of existing moves and abilities which fit with this concept, and I think it would grant us more than enough options in the future polls.
EDIT: Actually I should probably be the one apologizing for not reading the whole thread =P

But yeah, our suggestions are similar enough that I would be happy to see either of them make the poll.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
OK well I might as well repost mine from last time, since it got a lot of support:
This is similar to my suggestion: Masochist. Well, I can express very well the concept for my bad english D: But, It's similar.

I repost too:

Concept: Masochist
Description: OU viable pokemon who hurt himself to get some kind of advantage.

Explanation: I'm seeing a Belly Drum user, Reckless,or Moves with recoil damage, etc. Maybe this sounds lame, but we can make a new ability that get an advantage with self-hurting moves.

I prefered a bulky pokemon, that easily can wall the latest CAP pokemon or the most used pokemon in CAP server. It tooks damage from the other pokemon and itself,... and easily can defeat 2 or 3 pokemons.

Sorry, I arrived here in CAP 5 and I forget your concept.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Lots of things get killed by Shedinja... Starmie, Gengar, Suicune etc can't do a thing to it. I suppose Shedinja can't really hurt them (with the exception of Starmie), but it would force a switch...

The main reason people don't use Shedinja is because as soon as the opponent uses SR, Spikes or TS, or sends in Ttar, Hippo or Abomasnow, it's screwed. Not to mention random WoWs and Toxics flying around.

CAP is supposed to be for OU, not UU.
I wasn't really serious about the Shedinja part, I just meant that we could do something that gets killed by the underdogs instead of by the top-tier threats, just like PiplupMan suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)