1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 6 CAP 6 - Final Product

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by darkie, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

Height: 3'5"
    Weight: 152 lbs
    Ability: I'm supporting Doug's "Ruthless".

EDIT: Argho/Agrhon for Pre-evo O_o
  2. cyberzero

cyberzero
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Arghon as a prevo name would be awesome! We can base it on the Argh in Arghonaut, and the element Argon. The element means "Inactive" so we can make it a really bulky prevo, possibly really slow. It is a byproduct of the production of liquid oxygen and liquid nitrogen, so that might relate to the watery aspect.
  3. Cartoons!

Cartoons! !!!
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Thanks darkie for pacing this CAP the way you did. It was exciting to get to look forward to a new thread almost every day.

I agree with whatever weight would give Grass Knot the 100BP. As for the totally irrelevant matter of height, I disagree enthusiastically with making it any taller than your ingame avatar. Most fully evolved Pokemon aren't much taller than the child that commands them. The ones that are, are heavy enough to warrant a 120 BP GrassKnot. This thing probably has a very dense body, so it doesn't need to be big to achieve a respectable mass.

Also supporting leaving 'Unaware' unchanged.
  4. v

v a cosmic hiccup shrieking "i exist,"
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

I don't have any opinions on the height, weight or ability name, but I'd just like to say great job, darkie! You did a great job. This has been the fastest CaP ever, hasn't it?

Can't wait to try out this guy on the server. :D
  5. tennisace

tennisace another eggnog, please
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

As I've said, I'd rather not change Unaware, but Avast would be an awesome name for it. Same with Arghon for the prevo (I think there should only be one).
  6. Pombo

Pombo

Demoralize, because of the pirate thingy. full support.

No offences tennis, but cap5 took to long.

CONGRATULATIONS DARKIE, SERIOUSLY. FAST, WELL DONE JOB.
  7. Ninja Dood

Ninja Dood

Holy Crap we're done already? That was amazingly quick. Good job.

I think the Ability should just stay to Unaware. There's not really a need to change it, it could be backed up with reasoning(I don't consider Pirates particularly aware), and it would be a little harder for newer people to adjust.

I think 150+ lbs. is good but anything less than 3 feet is bad. The thing would be awkwardly heavy if it were that small. I say at least 3-4 feet tall. That way its not so weird to be heavy and it can eat small children.
  8. nihilist

nihilist

supporting undermine or ruthless

i think grass knot should hit for 80 BP, it looks bulky, but i would like this thing to be able to beat infernape
  9. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Very quick sketch of Arghon.

(Yes, I can't draw, and, yes, he's sucking on a dummy. Pacifier. Whatever.)
  10. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

In advance Congrats Darkie! lol people actually like Arghon
  11. tennisace

tennisace another eggnog, please
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

No offense, but you have no clue what was going on in my life at the time, therefore you shouldn't pass judgment.
  12. darkie

darkie i didn't choose the mug lyfe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

Anyway.. I'm really liking Avast right now. I'm not sure whether to pick 80 BP or 100 BP. Tentacruel has 80, I believe.
  13. hydrolphin

hydrolphin

Height: 3' 3''-same as poliwhirl, which seems to fit.
    Weight: 211 lbs-All that rum goes to his gut.

Also supporting Scurvy for the name.
  14. AbsolDeath

AbsolDeath

Just noticing all the discussion about how much he takes from BP, how about making it 90 BP? And as for the height I'd say around 5 ft-ish. And make his weight big enough so that G-Knot has 90 BP.
  15. foibles

foibles

I'd say that a good name for unaware would be damper

And It does not look that heavy to me, so I would say that medium weight is appropriate.
  16. cyberzero

cyberzero

Sorry AbsolDeath, but Grass Knot doesn't work like that.
    This is what the weights are:

[​IMG]

As you can see, there's no 90 base power, so that's not an option. Personally, I support 120 BP against it, or 440+ weight. Makes it easier to deal with using Celebi, so that Zapdos isn't the best surefire counter.
  17. Magmortified

Magmortified <b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>

Damper sounds a lot like Damp. A totally different ability.

I'm supporting 100 bp for Grass Knot, I'm not sure I really want Grass Knot to be "too powerful" against Arghonaut. Celebi is a great counter for Argho either way.

That's not to say it didn't take long, right? :P
  18. Solstice

Solstice

Height: 4"1
    Weight: 203.4 lb.
    Ability:
    I support Scurvy, and am totally against Fair Fight
  19. cyberzero

cyberzero

Yes, Celebi is a great counter, but so is Zapdos. My only concern is the same as yours.

I wanted Celebi to be more of a threat than Zapdos so that it would be accomplishing it's goal of Decentralizer better. It would hopefully allow the metagame to centralize around Celebi rather than Zapdos ruling over all, so that it wouldn't have the cycle repeat on the same scale.

Undoubtedly, it's going to recycle, but hopefully not so much if Celebi can prove to be more of a threat. This is why I support 440+ pounds, something like 505.2 lbs.

Weightwise, this Pokemon reminds me a lot of Hariyama. Both bulky fighting types, and you can tell from the art and sprites. Hariyama weighs 559.5 lbs, so this can be something around 500 and both have a competitive and flavorful meaning to it.

P.S. I'm trying WAY too hard to bring competitive meaning to this, aren't I?
  20. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Well done darkie. Nice and speedy job :).

I support 80 BP for Grass Knot and Scurvy for the ability.
  21. CyzirVisheen

CyzirVisheen Am I poplar yet?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Heh, congrats to darkie on a job well done. Even with some slight delays, the final product came out much faster than CaP 5 (we still love you tennisace). I absolutely love how everything turned out in the end. Now comes the most important part of the project, though:
    TESTING!
    Again, congrats to darkie and let's hope CaP 7 runs even better.
  22. DHR-107

DHR-107 Robot from the Future
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcher

I was going to base my height/weights on Pacific Giant Octopus... Which would put it around 6ft and about 150-250lbs, putting GK at BP 80 or 100.

Seeing as its pretty bulky, maybe even heavier than that...
  23. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

I say put GK/LK at around 80 BP and be done with it. GK towards Tentacruel's face is around 80 and it looks like a squid, so Arghonaut should be around that same area.
  24. Chaoscrippler

Chaoscrippler

Great job with CAP6, darkie!

I would love a see Arghonaut's pre-evo design based around a child sailor.
  25. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

Great job darkie, A much better, much faster CAP than CAP5. I'd like to see more early poll opening and closing in the future. Overall, a well done CAP, and I hope to be able to test it soon.

Tenta is a giant. 60 would be reasonable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)