CAP 6 CAP 6 - Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arghon as a prevo name would be awesome! We can base it on the Argh in Arghonaut, and the element Argon. The element means "Inactive" so we can make it a really bulky prevo, possibly really slow. It is a byproduct of the production of liquid oxygen and liquid nitrogen, so that might relate to the watery aspect.

Thanks darkie for pacing this CAP the way you did. It was exciting to get to look forward to a new thread almost every day.

I agree with whatever weight would give Grass Knot the 100BP. As for the totally irrelevant matter of height, I disagree enthusiastically with making it any taller than your ingame avatar. Most fully evolved Pokemon aren't much taller than the child that commands them. The ones that are, are heavy enough to warrant a 120 BP GrassKnot. This thing probably has a very dense body, so it doesn't need to be big to achieve a respectable mass.

Also supporting leaving 'Unaware' unchanged.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't have any opinions on the height, weight or ability name, but I'd just like to say great job, darkie! You did a great job. This has been the fastest CaP ever, hasn't it?

Can't wait to try out this guy on the server. :D

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As I've said, I'd rather not change Unaware, but Avast would be an awesome name for it. Same with Arghon for the prevo (I think there should only be one).

Yes, well done, Scarfkie.

Name for Unaware: Demoralize
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 253 lbs (100 Base)
Demoralize, because of the pirate thingy. full support.

No offences tennis, but cap5 took to long.

CONGRATULATIONS DARKIE, SERIOUSLY. FAST, WELL DONE JOB.

Holy Crap we're done already? That was amazingly quick. Good job.

I think the Ability should just stay to Unaware. There's not really a need to change it, it could be backed up with reasoning(I don't consider Pirates particularly aware), and it would be a little harder for newer people to adjust.

I think 150+ lbs. is good but anything less than 3 feet is bad. The thing would be awkwardly heavy if it were that small. I say at least 3-4 feet tall. That way its not so weird to be heavy and it can eat small children.

supporting undermine or ruthless

i think grass knot should hit for 80 BP, it looks bulky, but i would like this thing to be able to beat infernape

Anyway.. I'm really liking Avast right now. I'm not sure whether to pick 80 BP or 100 BP. Tentacruel has 80, I believe.

Height: 3' 3''-same as poliwhirl, which seems to fit.
Weight: 211 lbs-All that rum goes to his gut.

Also supporting Scurvy for the name.

Just noticing all the discussion about how much he takes from BP, how about making it 90 BP? And as for the height I'd say around 5 ft-ish. And make his weight big enough so that G-Knot has 90 BP.

I'd say that a good name for unaware would be damper

And It does not look that heavy to me, so I would say that medium weight is appropriate.

Just noticing all the discussion about how much he takes from BP, how about making it 90 BP? And as for the height I'd say around 5 ft-ish. And make his weight big enough so that G-Knot has 90 BP.
Sorry AbsolDeath, but Grass Knot doesn't work like that.
This is what the weights are:

As you can see, there's no 90 base power, so that's not an option. Personally, I support 120 BP against it, or 440+ weight. Makes it easier to deal with using Celebi, so that Zapdos isn't the best surefire counter.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'd say that a good name for unaware would be damper
Damper sounds a lot like Damp. A totally different ability.

I'm supporting 100 bp for Grass Knot, I'm not sure I really want Grass Knot to be "too powerful" against Arghonaut. Celebi is a great counter for Argho either way.

No offense, but you have no clue what was going on in my life at the time, therefore you shouldn't pass judgment.
That's not to say it didn't take long, right? :P

Celebi is a great counter for Argho either way.
Yes, Celebi is a great counter, but so is Zapdos. My only concern is the same as yours.

I feel like Arghonaut isn't really going to end up accomplishing its goal, in that it's going to end up actually centralizing instead of the opposite. For instance, Zapdos usage will rise as Arghonaut is used, which will encourage the use of other Pokemon like Tar, Strata, and Blissey (all conveniently top ten Pokemon) to counter Zapdos, which then encourages things like Scizor and Argho to beat them. Guess what beats Scizor and Argho?
I wanted Celebi to be more of a threat than Zapdos so that it would be accomplishing it's goal of Decentralizer better. It would hopefully allow the metagame to centralize around Celebi rather than Zapdos ruling over all, so that it wouldn't have the cycle repeat on the same scale.

Undoubtedly, it's going to recycle, but hopefully not so much if Celebi can prove to be more of a threat. This is why I support 440+ pounds, something like 505.2 lbs.

Weightwise, this Pokemon reminds me a lot of Hariyama. Both bulky fighting types, and you can tell from the art and sprites. Hariyama weighs 559.5 lbs, so this can be something around 500 and both have a competitive and flavorful meaning to it.

P.S. I'm trying WAY too hard to bring competitive meaning to this, aren't I?

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well done darkie. Nice and speedy job :).

I support 80 BP for Grass Knot and Scurvy for the ability.

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Heh, congrats to darkie on a job well done. Even with some slight delays, the final product came out much faster than CaP 5 (we still love you tennisace). I absolutely love how everything turned out in the end. Now comes the most important part of the project, though:
TESTING!
Again, congrats to darkie and let's hope CaP 7 runs even better.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I was going to base my height/weights on Pacific Giant Octopus... Which would put it around 6ft and about 150-250lbs, putting GK at BP 80 or 100.

Seeing as its pretty bulky, maybe even heavier than that...

I say put GK/LK at around 80 BP and be done with it. GK towards Tentacruel's face is around 80 and it looks like a squid, so Arghonaut should be around that same area.

Great job darkie, A much better, much faster CAP than CAP5. I'd like to see more early poll opening and closing in the future. Overall, a well done CAP, and I hope to be able to test it soon.

Tenta is a giant. 60 would be reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)