1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 4

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by A$AP DARKY, Dec 3, 2008.

?

Which concept? (think very carefully!)

1. Decentralizer

57.1%
  2. The Great Tank of China

42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

How is being a tank not specific again? It's a legit job to do on a team. Just because it's not some fancy-shmancy attract gimmick doesn't mean it isn't specific.
  2. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

the difference is that the decentralizer has it's role already set out for it without touching the process, and the tank just tells us that we are designing something with good defense and decent offense.
  3. Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Blazikenmaster-Zeo

I voted for the decentralize cause I feel like that would be cool to have a counter to the top pokes
  4. dmlaw

dmlaw

It's specific, but it's specific as something that it is rather than as something that it does.

It's reasonably easy to build a successful tank because we all know what that is, but I'd imagine it'll be more of a challenge to design something that does what it was set out to do.
  5. ferron

ferron

how do you know how good the chances are to make something useful until its actually done?
  6. ferron

ferron

using failure as a lesson? it'll definitely teach us something, though i would prefer if we learned something by succeeding.
  7. Smallarf

Smallarf

I would just like to point out that if say, decentralizer wins, it can still be a tank and vice versa. I, personally, voted for the tank.
  8. gorm

gorm

decentralizer can be a tank, and aims to decentralize ou.

tank has to be a tank and aims to be feasible in ou, which will probably start with taking out top threats. that's one degree of freedom less than the decent. =\
  9. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Just for reference, I wrote my concept with the top 5 of regular standard in mind. Even if we use the CAP usages, I don't think we should design this to check CAP Pokemon, simply because the CAP Pokemon shouldn't be forces of centralization and should fit smoothly into the metagame (in theory). Also, their usages are inflated because they are the reason to come to the server, so they obviously will have higher usages than non-CAP Pokemon of the same quality.
  10. gorm

gorm

that's another discussion, but the fact is heatran is not as powerful a force in cap due to all the ttars+stategems+blisseys. that's just the truth of the matter. if we are decentralizing a metagame, i'd rather do it to the one we are operating within, regardless of skewed statistics.
  11. ferron

ferron

i have to agree with this. we are creating a poke that will be in a specific server, so its aim should be those top 5 rather than those on the standard ladder.
  12. Shelcario

Shelcario

I'm still going with the Great Tank of China.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)