CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 14 - Name Discussion / Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
No offense to you guys, but seriously, what is up with some of the overly complex names? In my opinion, Pokemon names should be somewhat simple, lighthearted, and easily understandable. Really, (not trying to point fingers at anyone here) names such as Argiteuthis may seem innovative, but I seriously can't understand them.

So far, my favorites are Mag's Nemesquid and Beej's Brawlimari. They are both fun and simple, and the the pokemon design is very easy to understand from each part of each name.

Pokemon names should be somewhat simple, lighthearted, and easily understandable.
With the exception towards the Ralts family, Natu&Xatu, majority of the legendary Pokemons, and a few more Pokemon with names that seem like no sense at first until you actually do research on them. I think a better way of saying it would be that majority of the Pokemon names should be simple and easy to understand.

Captain - This name applies to this Pokemon perfectly in my opinion. Literally, its name announces the Pokemon's title of a sea captain. "Captain" has the elegance and the simplicity of names like Dewgong and Weezing. But on a deeper level, Captain is a fusion of "capture + contain," which could easily be passed off as its preferred method of defeating its enemies. Lastly, the first three letters are a subtle ode to the name of the Create a Pokemon project.
Captain: do people really think I capture and contain things?
Plus: Yeah
Captain: I AM CAPTURING AND CONTAINING THE IMPOSSIBLE

and CaP6 will surely capture and command (as sea captains do) a spot into your team.

It's also a subtle ode to CaP, CaPtain!

Captain: do people really think I capture and contain things?
Plus: Yeah
Captain: I AM CAPTURING AND CONTAINING THE IMPOSSIBLE

and CaP6 will surely capture and command (as sea captains do) a spot into your team.

It's also a subtle ode to CaP, CaPtain!
My actual name means 'captain', too. :D

Pirataslice or Bucamate

Pirataslice
- Latin word of Pirate is Pirtata and slice resembles for that knife-life squid.

Bucamate - Bucaneer + "Matey" = another word for Pirate is Bucaneer and they like to say "matey" shortened to Bucamate
Genius, Pirataslice is decent but "Bucamate" has a nice flow, simple and kind of sounds bulky. You got my vote :naughty:

Here is my input:

Hooktopus
- Hook "pirate" + Octopus

(I will put second input later)

Navirator.

Contains 'naval', 'pirate/irate' and 'navigator'.

The -or ending might also be useful for a possible pre-evo; like with Exeggcute/Exeggutor, you could use Navirate/Navirator.

People are getting to ambitious with the name I think. And many are getting way to complicated.

Captain - This name applies to this Pokemon perfectly in my opinion. Literally, its name announces the Pokemon's title of a sea captain. "Captain" has the elegance and the simplicity of names like Dewgong and Weezing. But on a deeper level, Captain is a fusion of "capture + contain," which could easily be passed off as its preferred method of defeating its enemies. Lastly, the first three letters are a subtle ode to the name of the Create a Pokemon project.
Shor and simple. This one is favorit right now. Next comes....

Scurvy (Scurvy is a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitiman C. Scurvy was at one time common among sailors, pirates and others aboard ships at sea longer than perishable fruits and vegetables could be stored.)

Calikraken - Calico Jack (maker of famous skull and cross bones flag in the 18th Century) and Kraken. Could also be be percieved as Calimari + Kraken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)