CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 14 - Name Discussion / Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just came to me!

Calimarri
I really like the idea from that one, just without the i at the end. Calimarr(gh?) just perfectly captures what this guy is about.

Also, humbly suggesting Squidnarok (Squid + Ragnarok)
I know it doesn't get the pirate theme, but it really rolls of the tongue, and it sounds badass :pirate:

That was what I was thinking, but yeah, wasn't sure if others liked it. Thanks for your support everyone! I would still like your opinions.:toast:
I think Cap'nKrook is by far the best of the possibilities as well.
As for the poll, I think scarf darkie may have been tricked a Lagging Tail.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can't believe no one has mentioned this already...

How about Cpt. Hooktapus? Or if that's a bit ott how about plain old Hooktapus?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cap'nKrook sounds so contrived.

Honestly, try using it as a plural. It sounds ridiculous.

Mr. Mime barely works as it is, and Mr. doesn't even imply a hierarchical rank. You can't all be Cap'n. Someone has to be Gilligan and the Millionaire's Wife.

Ex: "Swarms of Cap'nKrook gather on chidren's cereal boxes..."

Arghonaut all the way.

Throwing out support for Calimelee! I think it is purely awesome; it is simple and it does not seem complex.

My submission: Squengage (Squid-Engage)
It's not like some others, but it's nice to know i'm participating.

Why not add and extra "r" to Arghonaut to drive home the pirate feeling? Arrghonaut is still within the 10-character limit.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Cap'nKrook sounds so contrived.

Honestly, try using it as a plural. It sounds ridiculous.

Mr. Mime barely works as it is, and Mr. doesn't even imply a hierarchical rank. You can't all be Cap'n. Someone has to be Gilligan and the Millionaire's Wife.

Ex: "Swarms of Cap'nKrook gather on chidren's cereal boxes..."

Arghonaut all the way.
While I agree Cap'nKrook is contrived, and I do like Arghonaut, all Pokemon plurals are the same as the singular. One Blissey, Two Blissey.

I really like the idea from that one, just without the i at the end. Calimarr(gh?) just perfectly captures what this guy is about.

Also, humbly suggesting Squidnarok (Squid + Ragnarok)
I know it doesn't get the pirate theme, but it really rolls of the tongue, and it sounds badass :pirate:
Calimarrgh sounds awsome!! This is the first one i could actually se on a pokemon. Please people look at it and love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)