CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 14 - Name Discussion / Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooklum (Hoodlum + Hook), it's a hoodlum pirate with a hook.

Torponto (Torpedo + Pontus), torpedo and pontus means "sea" in Latin.

Krook has the same level of catchiness as Fidgit IMO. Calimarder is pretty good too but there have been some awful submissions! Did anyone else read Bucaqueer instead of Buquaneer?

For comedy potential I'll suggest Krakahoy (Kraken + Ahoy!) and Ocksquain (corruption of Cockswain, the Captain's attendant to include parts of 'octopus' and 'squid')

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Sealord... self-explanatory I guess. [Sea + Lord... also, The letters are similar to Sailor]

Piratopus... [Pirate + Octopus]

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BrownBeard

Yes, BrownBeard the pirate.

Krakkenaut Krakken (mythical giant squid) + Naut.

Arghonaut - The Greek mythological band of heros (a member of the band) which literally translated into Argo sailor. Argh is also manly and a pirate word :naughty:

Octarat - (Octopus+Pirate) Or you could switch it (Piroctopus) that sounds good too, but I don't like how the Pirate part sounds like Pyro. That makes me think of Fire, not Pirates. :(

Arghonaut / Argonaut - The Greek mythological band of heros (a member of the band) which literally translated into Argo sailor. Argh is also manly and a pirate word :naughty:
I was gonna submit something like this for my second one. D:

Scurvy (Scurvy is a disease resulting from a deficiency of vitiman C. Scurvy was at one time common among sailors, pirates and others aboard ships at sea longer than perishable fruits and vegetables could be stored.)

Octorok (Octoroks are land-dwelling, octopus-like enemies that appear in every Legend of Zelda game except Twilight Princess. They attack by shooting rocks from their mouth, which can be blocked with Link's shield.)

Captain - This name applies to this Pokemon perfectly in my opinion. Literally, its name announces the Pokemon's title of a sea captain. "Captain" has the elegance and the simplicity of names like Dewgong and Weezing. But on a deeper level, Captain is a fusion of "capture + contain," which could easily be passed off as its preferred method of defeating its enemies. Lastly, the first three letters are a subtle ode to the name of the Create a Pokemon project.

Hecton.

I couldn't really find a way to appeal to both its pirate side and its calamari side, so I just went with something that is easy to pronounce. The "Hecto" part from the name obviously refers to it having six tentacles rather than eight. Not octopus but hectopus. The n was added for no particular reason.

Calamartyr
(Calamar + martyr)

Getting away from fanboy bases, Calamar (Spanish for squid as said earlier) and Martyr (nowadays the act of sacrificing something for a bigger cause, often pretaining to suicide bombers). Gives a semi-war reference to t he name without cutting through the flow.

Might add more later, if I come up with them.

Scuttlefist (Scuttle+fist, but reminiscent of Cuttlefish. If 10 letter limit applies, probably Scutlefist or Scuttlfist. Also, could replace 'c' with 'k', if people would like that.)

That's all I can think of for now.

EDIT:
Any comments about this?
Sealord seems a bit too close to Seaking IMO.

Any comments about this?
The first sounds too much like Seaking IMO.

---
Edit: Wow, petrie just posted the EXACT same thing. :P
---

The second seems a bit too obvious. I guess it could work, but it's a bit bland. I still like it somewhat though.

Pirexal (Pie-rex-all; from Pirate + -hex/-rex + brawl)

Sepharial (Seh-fair-ē-all; Me messaing around with cephalopod)

Calamartyr
(Calamar + martyr)

Getting away from fanboy bases, Calamar (Spanish for squid as said earlier) and Martyr (nowadays the act of sacrificing something for a bigger cause, often pretaining to suicide bombers). Gives a semi-war reference to t he name without cutting through the flow.

Might add more later, if I come up with them.
The martyr sounds a bit forced to me; I think it would sound better as something like "Calamyr."

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nemesquid Nemesis + Squid.

I thought this sounded really cool, considering that this is meant to be an antithesis for a lot of the top ten. Hence the Nemesis. I'm also fairly sure that it's a squid... so it works out. :S Nemesis also kind of fits the pirate-y theme going on, so... cool, mirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)