CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 14b - Name Poll 1

which name?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Concept said:
Name: Decentralizer
Description: A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.
Type: Water / Fight
Ability: Unaware
Stats: 105 HP / 110 Atk / 95 Def / 70 SpA / 100 SpD / 75 Spe

vote for your favorite(s).

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nemesquid

Arghonaut just doesn't really convey much of the Pokemon to me as a whole... maybe because I keep identifying it with astronaut. :/ I'm not quite sure what the Argonauts have to do with this Pokemon, and when I think pirates, they say "Arrrrr" not "Argh." Argh is more of an expression of disgust or annoyance... maybe even surprise, in my book (I probably owe that to Garfield). Whether that fits the Pokemon or not is up to discussion, I just don't think it describes the Pokemon as well as it should.

Captain seems to be getting support because of the user, not any actual merits of the name itself. It's short and sweet, it has the pirate thing, it just doesn't click as a Pokemon name. And, again, I'm not sure it'd get half the support if Captain (the user) wasn't named so.

Cpt. Krook. I just don't like. There's the Cook/Hook thing, but I don't really enjoy the use of prefixes on Pokemon names (Mr. Mime annoyed me). Cap'nKrook is a bit less far off the line, but it's still just kind of irk thing for me. Rolls off the tongue a bit better? Maybe. I'm just not getting the "Pokemon name" vibe here.

Code:
iRev: Arghonaut is disgusting. 
iRev: We need to keep it simple, ie. blaziken - blaze chicken 
Deck Knight: Hey, I proposed Krakkenaut, but that went nowhere. 
iRev: Nemesquid is obviously superior 
iRev: Nemesis squid 
Deck Knight: Nemesquid sounds like some kind of cut-rate Kirby enemy. 
Captain: you'd think a pokemon called nemesis squid would be more offensive 
iRev: reading too much into it
Mag, every single word's meaning is derived from factors surrounding it to some extent or another.

(btw iRev is Serenity)

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
I voted for Captain and Squidmiral only because they sounded right when I said, "Go Captain/Squidmiral," and I can picture him/her saying, "Capti Captain," and "Mir Squidmiral," or something like that ^^. That's basically all I use to pick a name =/.

All the rest of the names make me feel... fake... when I'm saying them. Captain sounds like something I would probably nickname him and is
THE SHIT anyway.

I dislike Captain and Cpt. Krook because they sound like a character's name rather than the name of an entire species. Most of the rest are good though.

Cap'nKrook is the best name out there. Its better than Captain, since generally the spelling would be changed like Seel or Jynx. Kaptain would be better (than captain). Nemisquid sounds good but CAP6 doesn't look like it. Some of the names are playing into the squid part to much, and lose the piratyness. Arghonaut is fine, just Cap'nKrook sounds so much more like a pirate.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Voted Arghonaut. It has a double meaning that's very clever, especially if you know biology. I like these double meanings in Pokemon names.

For instance, Yanmega is named partially because it's a "mega" form of Yanma, but also because it's derived from Meganeura, a prehistoric dragonfly.

I voted for Arghonaut, Nemesquid and Squidmiral. They're the ones I think are most suitable for a Pokémon.
I thought of some names yesterday, but when I went to post them today, the thread was closed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)