CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 15 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is the 31st a good day to end submissions for you spriters, or is that not enough time to fine-tune your sprites? I don't mind either way.
I'll get a full cut-sheet of sprites posted tomorrow. I think I was one of the laggards in getting my submissions posted...

Cartoons!: I used slightly different colours to fix the colour problem. I also changed some of the shading.

The first is Cartoons!' sprite, the second is the sprite edited by me.

I'm working on my own sprite as well; hopefully, I'll get it finished today.

EDIT:

Any comments?
EDIT2: Smoothed the eyes a bit:

EDIT3: Fixed a few outlines, and done a shiny colouring.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
that looks good wichu, but why is he cutting off his own leg and whats whats with the hook sprouting out of thin air?

>_>

well besides those two limbs i love the pose

that looks good wichu, but why is he cutting off his own leg and whats whats with the hook sprouting out of thin air?

>_>

well besides those two limbs i love the pose
The hook tentacle is supposed to be twisting around from the back. And I was thinking about moving the sword limb; thanks for giving your opinion. I'm currently working on the back; I'll fix the front after I finish that.

EDIT: For anyone working on backsprites, have you considered that the light source in D/P backsprites is from the centre of the field, not the upper left as in Advance? An example:

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm loving Doug's frontsprites as well, though I agree with Darkie about the fist on the backsprite (even though most if not all people seeing it will know it's a fist).

I went for a slightly different 'hat' design than everyone else on the backsprite.

EDIT: Changed the pose of the front sprite.

I went for a slightly different 'hat' design than everyone else on the backsprite.

EDIT: Changed the pose of the front sprite.
This far by shows a very clear picture of CAP6 and it looks like it's ready to fight with its pose. It clearly shows its features. gj. you have my vote for this.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Darkie and Jimbo both pointed out that the position of the "lead glove" in my back sprite, is so close to the face that it looks like it might actually be part of the face. Here's the original back sprite, for reference:

Since the colors of the glove and the facemask are the same, I can see how some people might not realize the two objects are separate. So, I have experimented with moving around the lead glove to get it away from the face. Here are four alternatives:

Are any of those better than the original?

The middle two both look good.

As for the closing date on this, I'll aim for Saturday after Wyverii and KoA both asked for a couple days more. This isn't final, though; I'll open the poll when the spriters are ready, not when I am.

Hey Chaos, I think the arms need to be a bit thicker on the Back sprite. It looks little 2-d. Otherwise they're excellent. You have my vote.

DougJustDoug

I changed the lead hand to one of the alternatives posted earlier. Now the face and gloves are separated. I also changed the hat to add some curvature that mimics the front sprite more. Hopefully this gets rid of the "cowboy hat look" that was commented earlier.

Torn between Doug and Cartoons! right now.

It looks like that helped, Doug. I'm not getting the "cowboy" vibe from the hat anymore.

I think it would look cool if cartoons sprite had a black body, a gold eye, and the hat/gloves/mustache/everything brown was silver. Preeeetty treasury lol.

Just a start; I suck at shading.

I'll probably need to do some editing...

I added back tentacles because I think it works better, but perhaps bulking up the front ones will suffice.

Here are all my sprites accumulated into one post. Any last fixes/suggestions before I submit them?
I find your submission brilliant, really. And the shiny color looks great, too!

However, you should make the backgrounds transparent, or ask someone to do it, because the rules say they have to be transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)