1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 15 - Sprite Submissions

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by darkie, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

DougJustDoug's sprites are really awesome. The seaweed green shiny caught my eye. I like the color scheme.
  2. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

I finished the prototype sprite pose. If this gets enough yesses, I'mma finalize the colors and do the backpose.

[​IMG]
  3. Goodbar

Goodbar

There's a lot of strong entries but yours is really clicking with me right now KoA, course I can't give any strong artistic criticism =/
  4. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

I'll start the poll on monday sometime. I hope that gives you spriters enough time to get your entries in.
  5. Estranged

Estranged

[​IMG]

I finally got my front sprite somewhat finished. The hands and hook look kinda off but I'll try to fix those later. Now on to the backsprite.
  6. Snail

Snail

The pose is really fresh and different, but it's hard to see the the boxing gloves. I really like right now and you'd secure at least my vote if the gloves were a bit more distinguishable.
  7. TPM

TPM

KoA, your sprite is sexy as hell! I strongly encourage you to make a backsprite so that can win!
  8. Lawman

Lawman

Excellent! Love the sprite koa =D

Estranged that only flaw are the gloves in the sprite, everything else is very good.

My current Favorites:
    KoA
    Wichu
    Estranged
  9. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

Ok, I am pulling an all-nighter tonight just so I can finish the front and back sprites. Yikes.

Good news is my ass is finally off from work! :)
  10. Kharozz

Kharozz

Well here it is, folks, my sprites for Arghonaut!

From left to right: Male, Female, shiny Male and shiny female

Front sprites
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I barely touched up on the colouring and I gave the males a cut in their blades and the females no cuts. This is my second time scratching after all :P I hope everyone likes them!

Good luck to everyone who entered!
  11. Random Pizzaman

Random Pizzaman

wow, I really like this one right now. The pose is new and fresh, he looks like he's giving his opponent a "come on!" look
  12. Chaoscrippler

Chaoscrippler

I tweaked the colors so that they're more accurate to the concept art and a couple other minor changes. So now, I think I'm just about done and there should be no more edits to my sprites. (I promise!)

Good luck, all. :)

Final Submission

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  13. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

I had to manually tweak my sprite colors so here. Lack of photoshop really hurt me with palettes but I think I got a winner with the shiny.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Best of luck to all, including myself.
  14. Genesis of Oblivion

Genesis of Oblivion

Why did you put the eypatch on the left side? It makes the face hard to distinguish on the back sprite.
  15. Griffin

Griffin

I absolutely love the fronts sprites and the shiny colours, but the back sprite isn't quite as good as others'.
  16. Estranged

Estranged

[​IMG]
    I tried to make the boxing cloves more visible and finished the female and backsprites. I'm not sure if I'm able to make the shinies in time but I'll try, but if I can't, this is my final submission.

Edit: Made the shinies, but I'll likely change the colours a bit later.
    Edit2: This is my final submission, good luck to everyone.
  17. Calad

Calad Hero of the Blue Flames
    is an Artist Alumnus

Here are my opinions:

@Chaoscrippler: Really good sprite [front & back]. I really like the shiny colors, and the pose is good too.

@Cartoons!: Best Front pose ever xD. But I don´t like your shiny colors.

@DJD: mmmh, It's very simple your pose... I prefer a dinamic pose... But I like your shiny colors.

@KoA: Back sprite looks awful [Reminds me a Quail...] and It's not my favourite shiny colors.
  18. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist Alumnus

If I were to put the eye on the right side, then we wouldn't see it very well in the front pose.

Ok, I'll tweak some stuff to the backsprites but some guidance would really help as to why they're bad, so to speak. (To be honest, I don't consider them any worse than Syclant's)
  19. NikLink

NikLink

[​IMG]

PLEASE let this be the shiny color scheme, it's an awesome reference to... um....

Wait, what was I talking about again?
  20. Fuzzberry

Fuzzberry

KoA- I dunno, I think the backsprite is just a little too run-together. I'm having a hard time distinguishing one part of Arghonaut from another. I love, love, love the shiny, though. Even though I have an affinity for pretty much anything black and gold.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)