CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 15 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I finished the prototype sprite pose. If this gets enough yesses, I'mma finalize the colors and do the backpose.

There's a lot of strong entries but yours is really clicking with me right now KoA, course I can't give any strong artistic criticism =/

I'll start the poll on monday sometime. I hope that gives you spriters enough time to get your entries in.

I finally got my front sprite somewhat finished. The hands and hook look kinda off but I'll try to fix those later. Now on to the backsprite.

I finally got my front sprite somewhat finished. The hands and hook look kinda off but I'll try to fix those later. Now on to the backsprite.

The pose is really fresh and different, but it's hard to see the the boxing gloves. I really like right now and you'd secure at least my vote if the gloves were a bit more distinguishable.

KoA, your sprite is sexy as hell! I strongly encourage you to make a backsprite so that can win!

KoA

is an Artist
Ok, I am pulling an all-nighter tonight just so I can finish the front and back sprites. Yikes.

Good news is my ass is finally off from work! :)

Well here it is, folks, my sprites for Arghonaut!

From left to right: Male, Female, shiny Male and shiny female

Front sprites

I barely touched up on the colouring and I gave the males a cut in their blades and the females no cuts. This is my second time scratching after all :P I hope everyone likes them!

Good luck to everyone who entered!

I tweaked the colors so that they're more accurate to the concept art and a couple other minor changes. So now, I think I'm just about done and there should be no more edits to my sprites. (I promise!)

Good luck, all. :)

Final Submission

KoA

is an Artist
I had to manually tweak my sprite colors so here. Lack of photoshop really hurt me with palettes but I think I got a winner with the shiny.

Best of luck to all, including myself.

I had to manually tweak my sprite colors so here. Lack of photoshop really hurt me with palettes but I think I got a winner with the shiny.

Best of luck to all, including myself.
I absolutely love the fronts sprites and the shiny colours, but the back sprite isn't quite as good as others'.

I tried to make the boxing cloves more visible and finished the female and backsprites. I'm not sure if I'm able to make the shinies in time but I'll try, but if I can't, this is my final submission.

Edit: Made the shinies, but I'll likely change the colours a bit later.
Edit2: This is my final submission, good luck to everyone.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Here are my opinions:

@Chaoscrippler: Really good sprite [front & back]. I really like the shiny colors, and the pose is good too.

@Cartoons!: Best Front pose ever xD. But I don´t like your shiny colors.

@DJD: mmmh, It's very simple your pose... I prefer a dinamic pose... But I like your shiny colors.

@KoA: Back sprite looks awful [Reminds me a Quail...] and It's not my favourite shiny colors.

KoA

is an Artist
If I were to put the eye on the right side, then we wouldn't see it very well in the front pose.

Ok, I'll tweak some stuff to the backsprites but some guidance would really help as to why they're bad, so to speak. (To be honest, I don't consider them any worse than Syclant's)

PLEASE let this be the shiny color scheme, it's an awesome reference to... um....

Wait, what was I talking about again?

KoA- I dunno, I think the backsprite is just a little too run-together. I'm having a hard time distinguishing one part of Arghonaut from another. I love, love, love the shiny, though. Even though I have an affinity for pretty much anything black and gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)