CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 5b - Ability Poll 1

Which should be the primary ability?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our Pokémon:
Concept said:
Name: Decentralizer
Description: A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.
Type: Water / Fight
With a -20 to 0 Style Bias (Slightly defensive), a 0 to 20 Build Bias (slightly physical), and a Very Good (300 to 419) Stat Rating.

For the record, the current top 10 on the CAP server are:
  1. Stratagem
  2. Revenankh
  3. Fidgit
  4. Tyranitar
  5. Zapdos
  6. Syclant
  7. Blissey
  8. Heatran
  9. Scizor
  10. Pyroak

These are your options:
Unaware
If a Pokemon with the ability Unaware is the target of an attack, all of the attacker's [Special] Attack boosts are ignored. If a Pokemon with the ability Unaware is attacking, all of the defender's [Special] Defense boosts are ignored. If an Unaware Pokemon is using Punishment, stat boosts still factor into its power. If an Unaware Pokemon hits itself in its confusion, it still keeps its altered Attack and Defense stats.
No Guard
Any attacks used by and on this Pokémon will never miss. They ignore evasion and accuracy modifiers, and will also hit through Bounce, Dig, Dive, and Fly. If a Pokémon with No Guard is using Detect or Protect, or if a No Guard Pokémon is targeting a Pokémon using Detect or Protect, moves have 100% - X% accuracy, where X is the move's normal accuracy. In other words, any moves used would hit if they usually don't, and wouldn't hit if they usually do. This takes into account accuracy and evasion, as well as the base accuracy of the move. Moves that ignore all accuracy modifiers, including OHKOs, do not have a chance to break through.
Shockproof
Electric attacks deal 50% damage against this Pokémon. (If this wins, I will hold a side poll concerning the secondary effect of Heatproof; that is: halving burn damage.)
Solid Rock / Filter
Whenever a move is used on this Pokémon that is super effective, the damage is decreased by 1/4.
Intimidate
Lowers the enemy's Attack 1 stage on entering the battlefield. Affects both opponents in doubles. Activates even if gained through Trace, Skill Swap, or Role Play. When a Pokémon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters have a lower chance of occurring.

If a Pokémon uses Intimidate, that Pokémon cannot use it again until it leaves play, even if it loses and re-gains Intimidate through Skill Swap.
Special Intimidate
Lowers the enemy's Special Attack 1 stage on entering the battlefield. Affects both opponents in doubles. Activates even if gained through Trace, Skill Swap, or Role Play. When a Pokémon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters have a lower chance of occurring.

If a Pokémon uses Intimidate, that Pokémon cannot use it again until it leaves play, even if it loses and re-gains Intimidate through Skill Swap.
Trace
Upon switching in, this Pokémon copies the opponent's Ability. Trace cannot copy Multitype.
Limber
This Pokémon is immune to being paralyzed. If a Pokémon is paralyzed, and then gains Limber, it is instantly cured of paralysis.
Marvel Scale
This Pokémon has 50% more Defense when afflicted with burn, freeze, paralysis, poison, or sleep. Rest activates this, as well.
Guts
When this Pokémon is affected by Burn, Paralysis, Poison, or Sleep, its Attack is increased by 50%. Guts ignores Burn's Attack drop.
And PLEASE guys, don't vote based on the name; that can always be changed.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This and this are why you shouldn't vote for Shockproof. I voted for Unaware, it's the best ability for the concept because most of the top 10 are stat-uppers.

Limber

I'm pretty sure Unaware will get all the votes it needs, and i wanted to push limber.

It is a huge asset to have immunity or pseudo immunity against paralysis, especially when countering blissey and other random electrical attacks. If this thing is going to be able to switch-in on blissey, immunity would be incredibly recommended. It might also help against other less common t-wave users (paraflinch).

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
When I think of overly-centralizing, ridiculously OU strategies, I think of Mence, Scizor, Rev, etc. Gogogo Unaware.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm supporting Unaware, because of its inherent value against the stat-up top tens (which number, like, half).

A electric resisting ability will NOT HELP. Zapdos will still counter this to no end. Give up. Tennis has posted great reasons why Shock Absorb should not be allowed already. This thing will have counters, and there is nothing you can do to prevent them. Just move on and vote for an ability that will actually do something.

Unaware to go with the bandwagon, (and all the reason's listed of course) although it's 100% going to win for sure.

And although it's not time to vote for the second ability, I'm guessing it's going to be No Guard

voted for filter/solid rock. why? because i back the idea of a defensive pokemon in this CAP, and the poll showed that the stats would only be semi-defensive. solid rock/filter would add to it's survivability, and does not exclude making all moves besides electric ones not as effective.

Went for Solid Rock/Filter, because in my mind Unaware just seems a bit cheap. It also supports the defensive side of CAP6 by assisting its useful resistances and helping out its weaknesses.

It's like everyone is letting out their pent up rage from every time they got swept by a stat upper.
actually it's more like the bulk of the top pokemon are so potent BECAUSE they have excellent stat up strategies. unaware makes sense given the metagame, which is exactly what we are trying to do with this cap project. try to think before you post.

Unaware because well, that would be a pretty big punch in the face to the likes of Scizor, Calm Mind Stratagem and such. And, just because I think it'd be a cool ability.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
no guard come on who doesn't want hydro pump and dynamic punch to never miss
Cause they don't want incoming Fire Blasts, Stone Edges, Hammer Arms, Blizzards, Focus Blasts, Will-O-Wisps, Sleep Powders, Toxics, and Zap Cannons to never miss either >_>

I o' course, voted for Unaware.

Let the possible love child of Poliwrath, Hariyama, and Bibarel begin!

No Guard would be a little bit too much, I think. It just places even more emphasis on Zapdos countering this (since it can Pressure out Dynamicpunch).

I'm doubting between Guts or Limber...I'll go with Limber for now. (Unaware cannot lose)

Unaware or an identical ability with a different name.
The others don't fit the typing etc, or would be rather broken. Guts would fit well, but it doesn't really fit the concept of a Decentraliser. Special Intimidate hasn't been done for a reason; Blissey already stops special attackers cold.

Voted for Unaware since it seems the most useful counter-utility in this metagame.
And, frankly, I dont even think CAP6 may need a seconday ability. Many top OUs like the legendaries, Salamence, Tyranitar etc. do well with only one - albeit great - ability.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
At first I was going to vote for special intimidate, but after thinking for a while, unaware does make sense. I mean, of the 10 pokes listed, 5 are stat-uppers (Strat, Revv, T-tar, Syclant and Scizor), making it a hell lot easier to counter them. Also, Zapdos isn't affected by it most of the time, so it helps making it a good counter for this poke.

So, yeah, Unaware FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)