1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 8 - Stat Spread Poll 2

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by darkie, Dec 12, 2008.

?

whose stat spread should we use?

1. Gothic Togekiss

39.1%
  2. Time Mage

24.4%
  3. tennisace

14.7%
  4. Legacy Raider

11.5%
  5. Hyra

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

This is our Pokémon:
  2. Icy Vegeta

Icy Vegeta

Hyra because of Special defense and HP along with a speed over 100.
  3. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Voted for me, the best way to take down Zapdos imo is through speed. If you outspeed it, you can potentially kill it before it kills you.
  4. Solstice

Solstice

Time Mage because of the HP raise and the lower speed.
  5. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Went with myself again. In my belief, my spread is more beneficial towards the concept of decentralizer than everyone else. It's not to say it's the best, but it's pretty darn good. I won't complain if I suddenly lose to Time Mage. His and mine spread are very similar to it wouldn't be a total lost if mine didn't make it.
  6. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Went for GT.
  7. Coronis

Coronis Backie Jerkhart
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Voted for gothic togekiss, in my opinion is the best 'decentralizer'.
  8. Hyra

Hyra

I'm surprised I made it to the next round.

Go me!
  9. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Went with myself once again.

I think my spread is useful because it is powerful yet balanced both offensively and defensively. The high HP score lets you be creative with its defenses, allowing it to take a severe beating from one side of the spectrum while still having a respectable 'other' defensive stat because of the great HP. Offensively, it has acceptable mixed sweeping stats, and a speed that can allow it to outspeed a lot of opposing threats (300 speed with +ve nature and 252 EVs - just like Hitmonlee).

LR.
  10. Time Mage

Time Mage

Voted for myself again, but I'd like to note that, like Gothic Togekiss said in the last poll about mine (edit: and now in this one too, thanks GT), I won't be too upset if his spread wins: we both have similar views about what CAP6 should have in terms of stats, after all. I think that my approach is better, but it isn't a whole lot better.
  11. Lawman

Lawman

Voted for Time Mage for all of the above reasons and because it was very close to mine =]
  12. Videodude131

Videodude131

Voted for Hyra because its fast and can take Zapdos's special attacks well with that Sp. Defense
  13. Comatose811

Comatose811

I still like Hyra's the most.
  14. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=

I voted Gothic Togekiss, although I also really liked Legacy Raider's.
  15. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Went with Legacy Raider. His spread was closest to mine in style, though I of course still prefer my own work.
  16. Petope

Petope

17. Goodbar

Goodbar

I was gonna vote LR or Hyra, but Hyra has the best chance of winning, so I voted Hyra...I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed with the way the polls are headed this time ?_?
  18. Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

By voting Gothic Togekiss or TimeMage you are basically getting a slightly improved Poliwrath. That is not imo what was set out to be accomplished.

VOTE LEGACY RAIDER or Tennisace for more versatility.

Unless you want a suped up Poliwrath...
  19. Legacy Raider

Legacy Raider
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It makes me sad to see this =(. There are so many great spreads here that it must be difficult to choose one to vote for.

LR.
  20. rippersteveM5

rippersteveM5

Voted Time Mage, but won't be disappointed if GT wins.
  21. Bogmire

Bogmire

Voted for Legacy Raider (actually meant to vote for tennisace but oh well)

I'm not really seeing what makes GT's spread so great tbh
  22. WaffleChan

WaffleChan

Voted Legacy Raider, its defensive stats arn't as high but the HP is irresistible, Legacy Raider's and Time Mage's are definately my preferred spreads.
  23. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

And what make LR's spread any better than the rest of them? Personally, having high HP doesn't necessarily means you're more bulkier than the rest of the spreads.

To be honest, each and every spread being voted on have something another spread doesn't. It could be better speed, HP, offensive strength, whatever. Each one of them have a fair shot at winning this so don't believe it's not over yet. Let's not turn it into a hate feast or a "Who's the better" contest because we don't know who's actually the best anyway.
  24. Beej

Beej

I went with GT's. I don't care all that much about the Speed and I like how it isn't offensively retarded with 110 Attack. The calcs made me feel very confident about it.
  25. WaffleChan

WaffleChan

@Gothic Togekiss
    I'm guessing only the first paragraph was directed at me, well obviously I didn't just vote on HP or I would have picked Tennisace. It's bulkyness probabley rounds out close to yours, with your base defenses being higher. Since none of the spreads were what I had in mind (I guess I had more of a Great Tank Of China perspective).
    I found that I liked LR's balance of Speed, attack, Sp. Def and HP. I could've only wished for higher defense.
    In reality, I don't know how much the "decentralizer" is going to decentralize compared to recentralize but I think all the stats have something unique to offer (as you said) and they all cause many problems for the top 5-10 and other pokes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)