CaP 6 Pre-Evo - Part 4 - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
And here we have it, let's really grind down to the nitty gritty of our creation! Here come the stats! Whilst you guys may want to optimise your Prevo for LC, any line of reasoning works and people may not vote for the best LC Mon!

Cawmodore is physically defensive with appropriate attack and speed! How are you going to transfer this downwards in order to make the perfect spread for the Prevo? I'll leave that down to you!

Cawmodore's stats are:

Typing: Steel / Flying
Abilities: Intimidate / Volt Absorb / Big Pecks
Stats: 50 HP / 92 Atk / 130 Def / 65 SpA / 75 SpD / 118 Spe (530 BST)

The Prevo's current status is:

Typing: Steel / Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye / Volt Absorb / Big Pecks
Stats: TBC

This thread will be open for about 48 hours! Get deciding on your stats!

Last edited:
Final Submission

40 HP / 72 Atk / 80 Def / 45 SpA / 65 SpD / 78 Spe

This is based off Murkrow/Honckkrow which is another 2 stage X/Flying evolutionary line. Murkrow gains 100 BST on evolution to Honchkrow and all the stat changes are simple multiples of 10. Some of the other stats, namely the Atk, Def, and Spe, still seemed a little too high, so I brought them down to be more in line with a Pokemon like Spearow and Rufflet.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Okay so this is my first ever stat submission and I'm glad it is on the prevo project since less people are involved and hopefully I'll get more comments.

Looking at other two staged flying types, I concluded that the results were varied but followed a certain trend for each line such as 4 stats being different by 20 and 2 by 10 so using Rufflet/Braviary and Archen/Archeops for inspiration here is my spread :

45 HP / 82 Atk / 95 Def / 25 SpA / 45 SpD / 98 Spe (390 BST)

Please tell me if you think my spread is bad, thanks

Last edited:
Final Submission

40 HP / 72 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpA / 50 SpD / 98 Spe

Wasn't inspired by anything in particular, but decided to reduce the stats by multiples of 5. This adds up to 380 BST, which isn't too low but considering the versatility it should have will definitely suffice.

Last edited:
I took percentages from the evolution lines of the lines of Vullaby, Rufflet, and Murkrow, then added 10 to all stats but speed.

43 HP/78 Atk/ 105 Def/ 59 SpA/51 SpD/90 Spe

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
35 HP / 72 Atk / 85 Def / 40 SpA / 55 SpD / 88 Spe (375 BST)

Out of all of the second stage, fully evolved birds, Cawmodore has the single lowest base HP. To match, I thought the prevo should have the lowest HP, so I made it 35 to tie with Doduo. For the other stats, it was pretty much just taking away multiples of five and the such. I also noticed that no first stage bird had any stats higher than Murkrow's speed of 91, so I felt giving any stat a triple digit wouldn't be the best idea. 85 was the highest offensive stat of the first-out-of-two-stage birds (shared by Doduo with its attack and Murkrow with both offenses), and Cawmodore himself doesn't have stunning attack so I felt going into the 80s would be inappropriate. Also, it seems the difference in BST between most first stage and second stage/fully evolved birds is quite noticeable, so I don't feel it to be terribly out of place for Cawmodore's first stage to have less than 400 BST.

Edit: Final Submission

I also lowered defense from 95 to 85, to achieve a more middle ground of the defenses that others have submitted; some have submitted as high as 110, whereas the lowest so far has been 60.

Last edited:
50 HP / 62 Atk / 70 Def / 50 SpA / 60 SpD / 108 Spe (400 BST)

HP I kept the same, as there was no real need for changing it.

Attack was lowered by 30, putting Cawmababy's Attack the same as Nidorina, Ivysaur, Snover, and Bayleef.

Defense was lowered by 60, putting Cawmababy's Defense the same as Staraptor, Dodrio, Xatu, and Dunsparce.

Attack and Defense were the main think in my stat spread that is different from the others. Most Cawmababy designs are cutesy, and having a cutesy Pokemon with a higher defense than Pokemon like Magneton, Dragonite, Lickilicky and Conkeldurr bothers me.

Special attack and Special defense were both lowered by 15 for the same cutesy effect, and they are on Cawmababy's weaker physical/special side and are not very important.

Speed was only lowered by 10 since most designs for Cawmababy seem like it's one of those prevos with a crazily high speed stat and nothing else usable. This speed is the same as the Musketeers, Infernape, and Galvantula.

multiple of 100 BST yay

Last edited:
Final Submission

40 HP / 67 Atk / 105 Def / 40 SpA / 50 SpD / 98 Spe (400 BST)

I didn't have any particular rhyme or reason for this, but I subtracted by multiples of 5 until I got stats pretty similar in proportion to Cawmodore's, that I'm happy with.

Last edited:
43 HP / 75 Atk / 110 Def / 40 SpA / 57 SpD / 100 Spe
BST - 425

This is loosely based on two Pokemon - Mantyke & Gligar, I based it off Mantyke as I was using a similar Pokemon - Skarmory, but it doesn't have a Pre-Evo, but Mantine (its counterpart) does, so I did -20 to every stat (like Mantine -> Mantkye). But, it felt a bit odd, so I threw in some Gligar and got out this stat spread! This is my first post in CAP, so hopefully I didn't do it too badly!

EDIT: Final Submission.

Last edited:

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
30 HP/65 Atk/100 Def/35 SpA/55 SpD/85 Spe (370 BST)

To get these numbers, I recorded the base stats of both forms of every two-stage flying type except Ledyba and Ledian, found the change to every stat, and averaged them out to get the average change to every stat. I subtracted those from Cawmodore's stats, rounded to the nearest multiple of 5, and adjusted HP and speed to make those stats more realistic.

Interesting facts about this spread:
-Baby Cawmodore has every stat (even defense) less than or equal to Gligar's.
-Baby Cawmodore has the same BST as Herdier, Lampent, Vullaby, and Dousion.

Last edited:
30 HP / 57 Atk / 90 Def / 40 SpA / 65 SpD / 83 Spe (365 BST)

I decided to go for a bulkier route for Minidore, as opposed to keeping the stats in a similar proportion to Cawmodore's. There are lots of examples of Pokemon's evolution's higher base stats being their defensive stats, then becoming more offensively-oriented when they evolve. I kept the stats lowered by multiples of 5 for simplicity's sake. Keeping with its evolution, I gave Minidore a low HP stat and a high Speed stat (for a prevo). I also tried to keep its bulk relatively balanced. There isn't a particular mathematical rhyme or reason to these stats; I just feel like they "fit".

Last edited:
Imo, anything above 90 Def is crazy due to the Eviolite. Therefore, I decided to suggest this distribution:
32 / 60 / 87 / 42 / 48 / 73 (342 BST)
I felt this was a realistic idea for a prevo, where the defence is the highest stat followed by speed, similar to Cawmodore. Cawmobaby's weakest stat is HP, like Cawmodore, with 32. I'm aware that when evolving, Cawmobaby gains a great deal of base stats (182) but it a two-line evo family. However, overall, I felt that this was appropriate for Cawmobaby, not making him too strong but not too weak. I didn't base it off anything either but Cawmodore himself.
EDIT: Finalised Submission.
No Pokémon shares the same BST as Cawmobaby

Last edited:
Final Submission

30 HP / 72 Atk / 60 Def / 35 SpA/ 35 SpD / 98 Spe (330 BST)

While this spread may seem a bit odd, it has a bit of reasoning behind it. As frigate birds are related to pelicans, I mirrored the stat changes seen in Wingull when it evolves into Pelipper, and ended up with this. There is, however, an exception, as Wingull loses Speed upon evolution, and it would be utterly ridiculous for our prevo to have Base 138 Speed, so a 20 point drop in Speed is featured instead of an increase of the same amount. Also, this stat spread gives Prevodore exactly 200 less BST than Cawmodore, so I guess that's good.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Okay guys,

darkie , Hollymon , Kingler12345 , Strategizer , HeaLnDeaL , ghana.7 , topher4167 , Chesnaught , Mowtom , Toa Tahu , Dark Sage Green , P2X7

Any of you who get this message, you about about 13~14 hours to make your subs final (I totally forgot about this in the OP and I have only just noticed).

Please edit your posts (Or post again if you can't) with Final Submission in the post! I will be lenient if you contact me directly (either in a PM or on IRC) if you can't post. Unfortunately I will probably have to cut these submissions down a little because we have had an incredible response to this sub thread! :D

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
I have decided to slate everyones submissions who marked as Final and put this up to an MBV.

This should be up in a little bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)