CAP 6 CAP 6 - Stat Spread Discussion / Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our Pokémon:
Concept said:
Name: Decentralizer
Description: A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.
Type: Water / Fight

For the record, the current top 10 on the CAP server are:
  1. Stratagem
  2. Revenankh
  3. Fidgit
  4. Tyranitar
  5. Zapdos
  6. Syclant
  7. Blissey
  8. Heatran
  9. Scizor
  10. Pyroak
The final Stat Spreads submitted for the stat spread poll must conform to the numeric rating limits voted in the various bias and rating polls -- the Offensive/Defensive Balance (ODB), the Physical/Special Balance (PSB) and the overall Base Stats Rating (BSR). Any spread that does not conform to these limits will be disqualified by the TL. As the bias and rating polls unfold, the discussion in the Stat Spread Submission thread should adapt accordingly.

Note: You MUST include Base Stat Ratings in your submissions, otherwise they will be deleted.

I'm thinking something similar to swampert, with less sp atk, a bit more speed and def.
90/90/120/65/90/85 gives us a -14.7 bias to defensive, which looks to fit with how the bias poll will turn out. 90 hp because the decision of whether or not to give it 101 hp subs is a big one, and I would err on the side of saying no. 90 attack is fairly arbitrary other than because with stab water and fighting attacks CAP6 should have no problem ohkoing several of the top 10, and if it ends up with unaware it could still win against rev. 120 def, which it may need to not be 2hkod by the super powerful physical hits of the top 10. 65 sp atk, this one is up in the air. It could change to give it the ability to 2hko skarm with hydro pump, but otherwise CAP6 won't need sp attack. 90 sp def, again, might need more to take fire blasts and not get ko'd by tbolts and giga drains. 85 speed, outruns gyara, outruns the stuff it would need its powerful stabs to kill; stuff like stratagem and syclant take mach punch or aqua jet.

Overall, the stat total of 540 is pretty conservative, if I were to add more it would be to sp def. It really depends on the movepool and ability as to whether or not its going to need more speed or what have you; if it ends up with an elec absorb rather than unaware it might need more attack to take down rev, also enough to take a chunk out of zappy with stone edge or ice punch.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I doubt my vote for Defensive will win, but here we go:

Defensive spread for CAP6:

110/92/120/60/105/68.
PSweep: 113, Rank 1: Above Average
PTank: 179, Rank 6: Amazing
SSweep: 80, Rank -2: Moderately Bad
STank: 160, Rank 8: Extremely Good
ODB: -25.3 to Defense
PSB: 25.7 Bias to Physical

BST: 555
BSR: 481 (Excellent)

Damage Calculations Vs 252 HP/0 Def Impish Nature:

Adamant Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge:
25-29%

Careful Revenankh with 1 Bulk Up:
34-41%

Modest Specs Heatran Fire Blast
35-43%

Timid LO MS Zapdos Thunderbolt:
89-105%

For just a sampling.

252 Atk Cross Chop/Hammer Arm on Sub-CM Stratagem:
100-119%

0 Atk Double Kick:
39-47% per hit.

I think it could work.

Is it just me, or does that spread resemble Pyroak with swapped attack stats, and more special defense?

With an EV Spread 252 Hp/6 Atk/252 Def, Impish Nature:

TTar's Adamant Life Orb Stone Edge on CAP6
21%-25%

Scizor's Swords Danced Adamant Tech Bullet Punch on CAP6
17%-20%

Modest Scarf Heatran's Fire Blast on CAP6
30%-36%

Zapdos' Timid LO T-Bolt on CAP6
111%-130%

CAP6's Cross Chop on TTar
100%-117%

CAP6's Waterfall on Heatran
44-51%

I think it works, IMO.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since it is so early in the process, I'll start from a boring 90/90/90/90/90/80 stat spread, and work from there. Hits Pokemon moderately well with 90 offenses, and takes hits moderately well with 90/90 defenses, and is neither fast nor slow. That is my 'default stat spread' from which I'll start.

115 HP / 105 Atk / 85 Def / 80 SpA / 80 SpD / 75 Spe = 540 BST

Justification of Stat selection:

115 HP - Can invest in either defensive stat to focus on special attackers such as Syclant and Stratagem or physical attackers such as Gyarados and Scizor

73 Spe - Max Speed 273 outspeeds every pokemon with Choice Scarf as well as +1 DD’d Adamant Gyarados. 144 EVs outspeed Adamant Tyranitar as well as needing few EVs to reach ~246 with Jolly to outspeed bulky Celebi, Zapdos etc.

105 Atk - Water / Fighting has good potential as an attacking combination, And helps to take down Ttar more easily by bypassing Special Defence boost, and OHKOs it with Brick Break with 0 Atk Evs since Superpower/Close Combat aren't likely to be used on a defensive set. 339 Max Atk makes CB viable.

80 SpA - means that it can use Special Moves if need be: 0 SpA Hydro Pump vs Skarmory = 41.86% - 49.71%. Its typing walls Gyarados well also; 0 SpA HP electric vs LO Gyara = 50.60% - 60.24% 100% 2HKO. Thus can be a surprise wall breaker with LO.

Typical EVs

108 Atk / 252 Def / 144 Spe with Impish gives:

371 HP / 273 Atk / 295 Def / 176 SpA / 196 SpD / 222 Spe

Damage Calculations using generous EVs

Timid Heatran’s Earth Power vs 0 HP / 0 SpDef = 32.08% - 37.74%

Timid Heatran’s Earth Power vs 0 HP / 108 SpDef = 28.03% - 33.15%

252 Atk Adamant CB Tyranitar’s Crunch vs 0 HP / 252 Def +Nature = 23.72% - 28.03% (4HKO at best and you outspeed and OHKO)

252 Atk Adamant CB Tyranitar’s Earthquake vs 0 HP / 252 Def + Nature = 39.62% - 46.63% (Never a 2HKO even with SR)

252 Atk Adamant CB Tyranitar’s Earthquake vs 252 HP / 252 Def + Nature = 33.87% - 39.86%

LO 252 Atk Adamant Gyarados Earthquake vs 0 HP / 252 Def + Nature = 48.79% - 57.68%

LO 252 Atk Adamant Gyarados Earthquake vs 252 HP / 252 Def + Nature = 41.71% - 49.31% (No Chance of 2HKO unless SR and Sandstorm)

Adamant Salamence +1 LO Outrage vs 252 HP / 252 Def + Nature = 79.49% - 93.55% (Not OHKOed even with SR)

Adamant 252 Atk Scizor +2 LO Superpower vs 0 HP / 252 Def+ Nature = 80.59% - 94.88% (Usually outspeed anyway)

Adamant 252 Atk Scizor +2 LO Superpower vs 252 HP / 252 Def+ Nature = 68.89% - 81.11%

CB Scizor Superpower vs 252 HP / 252 Def +Nature = 39.63% - 46.77% (3HKO at best)

CB Scizor Superpower vs 0 HP / 252 Def+ Nature = 46.36% - 54.72% (3HKO)

Timid Stratagem’s Thunderbolt vs 0 HP / 0 SpD = 64.15% - 75.47%

Modest Choice Specs Paleo Wave vs 0 HP / 0 SpD = 35.04% - 41.24%

LO Timid Stratagem Weather Ball in Sandstorm vs 0 HP / 0 SpD = 32.61% - 38.54%

LO Timid Stratagem Paleo Wave vs 0 HP / 0 SpD = 27.49% - 32.61%

Timid Syclant +2 Ice Beam vs 0 HP / 0 SpD = 46.09% - 54.18%

Timid Syclant +2 Ice Beam vs 252 HP / 0 SpD = 39.40% - 46.31%

You can always invest more in Special defence to help against Stratgem and Syclant.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will be coming up with a submission soon, but right now I'd like people to consider whether they think this pokemon should have a statistically high HP base. If we give it a base > 100, then it will be able to make 101 HP subs, possibly in combination with Focus Punch, and easily set up on Blissey. A high HP base also means that it will be naturally bulky, and since this thing will have to take both high powered physical attacks (from Revenankh and Tyranitar) and strong special attacks (from Stratagem and Zapdos), we want to make it as bulky as possible without giving it too high a BST.

For example, Hariyama has 144/60/60 defenses (264 total), and it is approximately as bulky as Bronzong with 67/116/116 defenses (299 total).

So I just want people to consider whether they think giving it something in the region of 130 HP is feasible?

LR.

Very nice stat spread Dixie. All those damage calcs are worth it, you really get an impression of how your spread performs.

I would suggest adding a few calcs on priority attacks off your great attack stat, Aqua Jet, Mach Punch/Vac Wave and Ice Shard get alot of super effectives and are very important for pokemon like Salamence who outspeed and 2HKO.

Does Zapdos OHKO with LO Thunderbolt?

Edit: LR, as SkarmBlissCounter's spread shows, >100 HP is of great benefit for taking hits on both sides of the spectrum. I'd support ~130 HP but bear in mind this pokemon might get an Intimidate/Special Intimidate or other defensive Ability so bulk is important but the offense more reliant on stats as everyone is supporting defensive Abilities. So CAP6 needs good offense to check pokes. For example there's no point in surviving a boosted Outrage if you can't OHKO back.

Something basic, since the vote is not done.

Fighting usually has great Sp Def

90/100/85/70/100/60

something like that

Very nice stat spread Dixie. All those damage calcs are worth it, you really get an impression of how your spread performs.

I would suggest adding a few calcs on priority attacks off your great attack stat, Aqua Jet, Mach Punch/Vac Wave and Ice Shard get alot of super effectives and are very important for pokemon like Salamence who outspeed and 2HKO.

Does Zapdos OHKO with LO Thunderbolt?

Edit: LR, as SkarmBlissCounter's spread shows, >100 HP is of great benefit for taking hits on both sides of the spectrum. I'd support ~130 HP but bear in mind this pokemon might get an Intimidate/Special Intimidate or other defensive Ability so bulk is important but the offense more reliant on stats as everyone is supporting defensive Abilities. So CAP6 needs good offense to check pokes. For example there's no point in surviving a boosted Outrage if you can't OHKO back.
I may add attacking stats later. Zapdos does OHKO with LO Thunderbolt but that's meh since you need 434 HP/ 254 SpDef to even survive a Timid one alll the time.

This is my proposal, based on SkarmBlissCounter's spread, which I find the best right now (not counting mine, that is :P):

It is a higher BSR version of SkarmBlissCounter's, with more defensive prowess and less special attacking options. I find that CAP pokémon have the constant pressure of having to have a mixed/gimmick option with their lesser attack stat, and I think it shouldn't be always an option. In fact, I will probably lower the SpAtt to 60 or even less later.

Since it is so early in the process, I'll start from a boring 90/90/90/90/90/80 stat spread, and work from there. Hits Pokemon moderately well with 90 offenses, and takes hits moderately well with 90/90 defenses, and is neither fast nor slow. That is my 'default stat spread' from which I'll start.
I was thinking in the same vein as you, except a tad more generous:
100/90/90/90/90/90
These stats allow it to take many different directions, and with the typing and role we gave our CAP, I would like to see this be the most versatile one yet. The defenses are equivalent to Bronzong's according to X-Act's applet (133 physical/special tankiness), and though the offense seems on the weaker side, it can learn STAB moves that are very powerful, including water spout (and it's fighting type helps it be less hindered by SR). I'll probably get more specific calculations later but this is my default spread for now.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Personally, my base is going to be somewhere around 70/90/90/90/90/110. I want this thing to be fast, but not too fast. You'll see where I'm going eventually.

130/100/90/40/90/105
Physical Sweepiness: 154, Very Good
Physical Tankiness: 156, Very Good
Special Sweepiness: 67, Very Bad
Special Tankiness: 156 Very Good
Offense/Defense Balance: -0.6, No Bias
Physical/Special Bias: 45.9, Extreme Bias to Physical
Overall Rating: 503, Excellent.

Tennis, this was the only way I could balance 105 speed with 100 Attack and still have it be biased to Defensive. I wish you great luck with your stat spread and making it fit the presumed bias.

Legacy Raider

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hyra, that is almost exactly what I wanted to have in my stat spread, only i was going to give him 80 defenses. The 130 HP goes a long way to make it bulky, and I think yours might become a bit too bulky. Apart from that, your spread has my full support.

I still think that this thing needs at least 80 SpA to stop it being useless offensively. It will be walled by Skarmory and Celebi all day with low SpA and it needs less EVs to 2HKO Gyarados with HP Electric which it walls completely without EQ. And you aren't affected if Salamence Intimidates you as you could possibly Ice Beam it.

And there's the potential of a LO Special Attacker with the ability to OHKO Snorlax and Blissey.

Just want to point this out but this is slightly off. Using your stat spread, we get this:

CB Scizor Superpower vs 0 HP / 252 Def+ = 46.36% - 54.72% (98.62% chance of 2HKO with SR up, 53.98% with Leftovers added.)
Whoops that was meant to be Max HP / Def.

Legacy Raider

Around 80 SpA will let it use moves like Hyrdo Pump and Blizzard / Ice Beam to good effect as well in getting rid of Zapdos and Revenankh. If we give it balanced attacking stats, for example 105 Atk and 85 SpA, it will be able to use these high power special moves to take out dedicated physical walls.

I don't have much experience with the CAP metagame, but aren't usually Fidgit EVed for physical defense too?

LR.

Gonna start off with something very simple
90/80/100/80/100/100
This makes it decently good all round, while not giving it too much power in any certain area.
Maybe a bit more HP...

I still think that this thing needs at least 80 SpA to stop it being useless offensively. It will be walled by Skarmory and Celebi all day with low SpA and it needs less EVs to 2HKO Gyarados with HP Electric which it walls completely without EQ. And you aren't affected if Salamence Intimidates you as you could possibly Ice Beam it. There's also the potential of a LO Special Attacker with the ability to OHKO Snorlax and Blissey.
You do bring up a good point (especially considering it might get No Guard to further the LO attacker plan). I'll probably incorpate your mindset into a revised stat spread, hopefully before someone does a simliar spread as the one I come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)