First, let me provide a brief explanation for this thread. Smogon has recently migrated to Xenforo, and much of our forum add-ons have been disabled. The Senior Staff is working diligently to get us back to full functionality; they will be working on issues like re-adding BBCode and fixing the CAP Site. However, we also have the next generation of Pokemon breathing down our necks; Pokemon X and Y will be released in October, giving us roughly 100 days to complete CAP 6. The CAP moderation team has agreed that it would be wise to start up applications now. That way, we can jump into CAP 6 immediately when the forums and CAP site are usable enough for our purposes. We will also be using this application time to finish up some lingering threads in our Policy Review forum. Thank you for your patience, and I can't wait to get started on this newest CAP creation. ~ Birkal
This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) or a member of the Topic Leadership Team (TLT) for this creation project. Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become the TL or a TLT member, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.
Remember, there are recently installed positions available for CAP 6 leadership, namely the Topic Leadership Team. Please review the Policy Review forum in order to familiarize yourself with the new leadership positions and process rules. We are looking to fill the following five positions to help us lead the creation of this new Pokemon:
- Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. Unlike past Topic Leaders, they now only make the slate for Concept Submissions. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of TLT members.
- Topic Leadership Team: The TLT will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions:
- Typing Leader
- Ability Leader
- Stats Leader
- Movepool Leader
- Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
- Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
- Willing to voice opinions and lead others
- Open-minded to new ideas
- Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
- Good writing skills
- Level-headed when resolving disputes
- Liked and respected by the CAP community
This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
- Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
- Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on IRC.
- If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
- Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
- Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
- Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look as though you don't know what you're talking about. A thoughtful and intelligent community leader should be capable of typing at a level above typical internet banter.
- Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL or TLT for this project will be on the watch list for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
- Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.
- Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
Best of luck to all applicants! Let's begin.