CAP 7 CAP 7 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have with Mag's is that we will basically start a discussion on everyone's favorite pokemon. And besides, since it wouldn't be set in stone, everyone would submit something that would help their favorite pokemon. Chaos would soon brew similar to the last EVO project. People would get sore about their favorite losing. It easily be the most difficult CAP ever.
the concept assessment stage is in place for concepts like this.

Name: Low Power Move User
Description: There's a lot of really cool spiffy moves with nice secondary effects, but due to lack of general power find themselves in disuse, such as Drain Punch and Icy Wind (examples, not necessarily needed). This pokemon would excel in using these lower powered moves effectively, possibly by having larger attacking stats but lacking the more powerful moves.

Name: OU Trick Room
Description: Relatively self-explanitory. Uses Trick Room to support tem/set up/force switches, while still retaining OU viability.

So many "non-competitive" pokemon are hampered in use by one thing; speed. As CAP strives to provide a new and exciting metagame for players to enjoy, what a better way to do this than to get too-slow-to-win pokes to be able to join the party? Maybe...auto-Trick Room (though that would certainly be broken if it were infinitie, I mean TR on entering for X turns...)?

Name: Anti-(P)hazer / Scouter
Description: A Pokemon that prevents the opponent from scouting, or costs the Earth if does so, effectively making his/her part more complex than wanted

Basically I would like to see punishes to people who scout a lot before doing their offenses (that is sometimes me btw).

EDIT: A CaP that is built around this concept would really be a team player that does not force your team to do something, or messing up your setups.

EDIT2: I bet that all of you hated phazers, don't you? It really seems to be tricky when you are in a situation where "Should I switch into a counter of that tank possibly thrown by a Roar or Wind, or Stay in and predict?". Often people are lacking ways of countering (P)haze. Should we CaP based around here? Ideally my concept would make CaP 7 a wall breaker and checkmate combined, while not necessary a sweeper.

Name: Ultimate Weather Starter
Description: This pokemon will be able to start any type of weather, be it through ability or manually and the weather effects will last longer than normal when started by this pokemon.

I've basically been thinking of two different ways for this, either one (or two) pokemon with Drizzle and Drought, since Sandstorm and Hail can already be summoned in OU properly anyway, while rain and sun can't. Having one poke with both Drizzle and Drought might be a bit too much so it might have to be spread out over two CAP projects.
Option 2 I've been thinking about is better IMO and is basically an enhanced Castform. It will have a new ability that will let all weather effects last longer than usual when started by that pokemon and ideally, I would also like to see the ability to change type according to the weathertype be incorporated into that same ability. This pokemon can then carry any of the 4 weather moves and use them well. This pokemon should be fairly bulky to be able to start weather more often.

Name: Achille's Heel
Description: Something that, at a glance, looks ZOMG OOBER, but when you actually use it there is something hindering it, be it ability (Regigigigigigigas, Slaking), Speed (Rampardos), Defences (Rampardos, again) or sorely limited movepool.

I think that trying to do this in such a way that we don't actually create a beast, but don't hinder it so much that it is unusable will be a real test of our ability as a community. Obviously a vote would have to be taken to decide exactly how to muck it up.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Might as well throw my suggestion in, even though it probably won't get chosen.

Name: Critical Hit Abuser
Description: A Pokemon that scores Critical Hits much more frequently than normal.

This could be used, for example, to nullify the opponent's efforts to increase Def and/or SpD, and nullify the opponent's Reflect/Light Screen, among other things. And it can be used to counter stall teams; critical hits are always a stall team's enemy.

Name – Agility Asskicker
Description – A powerful statup sweeper who does not earn Swors Dance, Dragon Dance, or Nasty Plot, but rather focuses on using Agility or Rock Polish.

Explanation

Between Garchomp with Swords Dance, and Gyarados, Salamence, and Tyranitar with Dragon Dance, almost every special sweeper having Nasty Plot, Syclant, and Flygon being inviable because it doesn't have Dragon Dance, I think it's about time we have a sweeper who can sweep with the best of them, (Metagross is kind of there, but it's not really his primary set,) but uses Agility or Rock Polish rather than the other three as his statup move of choice.

Might as well throw my suggestion in, even though it probably won't get chosen.

Name: Critical Hit Abuser
Description: A Pokemon that scores Critical Hits much more frequently than normal.

This could be used, for example, to nullify the opponent's efforts to increase Def and/or SpD, and nullify the opponent's Reflect/Light Screen, among other things.
Sorry to comment your concept right away, but... isn't that "Super Luck" owned by the Dark Bird?

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Name - Bait And Stitch
Concept - A pokemon whose primary job is to heal its team while drawing attack towards itself

oh ugh didnt even see that. perhaps I should change the description to a sweeper who can quickly abuse stat up boost and then we can decide the ability.

thanks atlas for catching that.

edit: ok here is new version

Name: Simply Perfect
Description: A Pokemon that can effectively abuse various stat up moves to boost its offensive stats and tear through stall.

Stall is ridiculous right now in CaP so a sweeper that can abude various stat up moves would be perfect. I have an ability in mind but we wont discuss this at the moment.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Name: Priority Tank
Description: Pokemon Able to utilise Priority moves to the best of there ability.

Most Pokemon that use Priority are fast enough to deal damage without Priority. Tanks aren't fast, but combined with Priority they could work as a sweeper without frail defences/HP. Also, Resistances would be ranked just as important as good STAB.
First Cap for me, so I'm not expecting much

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Name: Don't Go
Description: A pokemon that either benefits from the opponent switching or punishes the opponent for switching.

Ok so last time my suggestion was criticized for being too narrow, so I tried to broaden it up. Obviously this can be interpreted in different ways. It could be a sweeper that can stat-up on a switch. It could be an entry hazard shuffler. Or, it could be something completely different (new ability?). I tried to remain as broad as possible.

Name: Ladies first
Description: A pokemon that is good at utilizing moves that require the opponent to hit first, or benefits in being slower than the opponent

This pokemon would be ideal for using the moves counter, mirror coat, and metal burst, though it could also apply to other things. This could be a pokemon that is good at setting up and soft passing/u-turning to safely get in other pokemon, or it could deal out heavy damage with payback/avalanche/etc. It could also simply be a big TR threat. Simply put, the slower the better.

edit: Is my mentioning of moves ok for this concept?

Name: The Greatest Wall.
Description: A pokemon that is designed to utterly ruin and disrupt physical sweepers and to spread chaos among them.

As it is, the CAP metagame is rather eschewed towards physical pokemon, such as Revenankh, physically-based Syclant and the new Arghonaut, as well as other famous physical sweepers like Salamence and Tyranitar and Scizor, who pretty much dominate the metagame. This pokemon is pretty much one designed to sponge up physical hits like a pig, and to dish out statuses or stat reducing moves like Charm or Will-o-wisp to severely hamper these physical monsters, while having the offensive ability to competently do something to these pokemon that will slowly kill them off. What this isn't is a physical Blissey, as Blissey may be the greatest special wall, it lacks the ability to deal adequate damage and relies on stall to defeat the foes, with Seismic Toss doing steady damage. This pokemon should naturally possess a varied support movepool.

Well, here's hoping.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Name: Dragon's Bane
Description: A pokemon built with emphasis on countering, not only Dragons themselves, but also the hideously overpowered Dragon moves that make them so deadly (you know the ones...).

The plethora of moves available to Dragons to stop Steel-types from ruining their fun has led many to believe that this is an impossible endeavour without the hypothetical counter having ridiculous base stats, so I'd be interested to see how the community approaches this sort of project.

Name: Global warming
Description: A pokemon that increases the usage of fire pokemon

The fire type always seems to get dumped on. Except for infernape (rare in CAP), heatran and pyroak (now declining thanks to Arghonaut), I see almost no fire types getting used. This pokemon would change that, be through sunny day/reflect/light screen support, or taking out the common fire counters, or being a check for bulky waters, etc. Note that it doesn't need to be a fire type itself. I think this would really test the CAP community's ability to create a pokemon that would benifit an entire type.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Name: Dragon's Bane
Description: A pokemon built with emphasis on countering, not only Dragons themselves, but also the hideously overpowered Dragon moves that make them so deadly (you know the ones...). The plethora of moves available to Dragons to stop Steel-types from ruining their fun has led many to believe that this is an impossible endeavour without the hypothetical counter having ridiculous base stats, so I'd be interested to see how the community approaches this sort of project.
This basically means that it either has to be Steel-type, Ice-type, or both, because in reality how else would you deal with Dragon-types?

Name: OU Trick Room
Description: Relatively self-explanitory. Uses Trick Room to support tem/set up/force switches, while still retaining OU viability.

So many "non-competitive" pokemon are hampered in use by one thing; speed. As CAP strives to provide a new and exciting metagame for players to enjoy, what a better way to do this than to get too-slow-to-win pokes to be able to join the party? Maybe...auto-Trick Room (though that would certainly be broken if it were infinitie, I mean TR on entering for X turns...)?
Erm I'm pretty sure that Fidgit, with Persistent boosting TR's length to 7 turns, and has access to U-turn, fits this concept perfectly while doing many other things.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry to comment your concept right away, but... isn't that "Super Luck" owned by the Dark Bird?
When I say 'much more frequently', I mean 'much more frequently'. Super Luck does not score a critical hit 'much more frequently', but 'a little bit more frequently'.

Name: Statinator
Description: A pokemon that uses the rarely seen stat dropping strategy to force switches or just plain weaken the foe.

Lets face it, in today's metagame, does any Pokemon really use this strategy, well, aside from Intimidate Pokemon? This Pokemon could offer a new strategy and fits CaP's mindset (experimenting). It'd be very interesting to see the process go along as this could end up being very good but since its relatively alien grounds we would constantly be thinking " Is it really gonna work out?"

I hope this doesn't get deleted like my previous post but if it does could the person who deleted it tell what was wrong.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ahhh...I love the smell o' CaP in the afternoon!

Clean-Up Kid

A Pokemon that is able to easily pick off weakened opponents but has difficulty making a full sweep on its own.
I'm seeing something with a decent defensive but poor offensive typing with low-power STAB moves, like Normal/Ghost. With Technician it could abuse Shadow Sneak/Quick Attack/Pursuit to play mind games with a weakened foe and fulfill its role rather nicely. I think any boosting moves would make it too easy to make a full sweep, which could also add to an increase in the usage of Choice Items.

Concept: Oops! Wrong (Trick)room!
Description: A Pokemon that gets more benifits out of Trick Room, but in contrasting ways.

What I mean is, we should give CAP7 an ability that gives a whole 'nother reason to use Trick Room. For example, a Pokemon that is moderately fast, just enough to be naturally ahead of Dusknoir and the like, but will gradually restore it's HP when Trick Room is set up. This Contradicting method will either A) Make him fast (and strong) but give him an ability he can't use, or B) Make him slower (due to Trick Room) but will heal itself increasingly each turn. This will also help bring Trick Room to the OU table of contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)