CAP 7 CAP 7 - Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Magic isn't a bad name actually, but I feel that this would be better suited to Deck's Shadowstrike. Once again, Absol-size is perfect, in my opinion. A prevo wouldn't be too bad either, maybe a pup without a facemask, but the shoulder masks?

Black Magic sounds like a special move. This move is physical.

Ok, I'm going to get this out of my system. While the concept originally started out to be the "Ultimate Scout," there are so many other options available to it that it will easily stray from the original idea. With this things impressive movepool and resistances/immunities, so many potential sets are available that can (and most likely will) overlook the initial purpose.

For being an Ultimate Scout, there isn't much that this thing can do that something else can't already do. Hell, Flygon is looking to be as much a scout as thing thing (there are a lot of similarities between the two).

In particular, Scarf Revenge killer and CB/LO sweeper look to be the most promising sets. Not a scouting set.

I know that this is inevitable and we can't make something that fits the concept perfectly. Of course the Pokemon is going to have other avenues that it can explore. I just don't like that those avenues are broader and more luxorious than the main one.

Just miniranting here. This will definitely be something to look forward to, because Kitsunoh will be bringing a lot more than scouting to CAP.

Yay! Another CAP done! This one looks promising, and badass.
As for the process itself I think it might have been a bit too fast, seeing as some people can't use the computer everyday. Also, with projects this fast I think we might end up with two many CAPs, thus making the metagame too complex for new users. Just a thought from a n00b.

I don't see the problem with it being able to do other things; the plan was to make it a great scout and it is a great scout.

I imagine this being about the weight and size of a tiger, possibly smaller. I think condenscing the two words into ShadowStrike would be suitable as well.

Great job everyone, you especially Mag! Faster than ScarfDarkie, phew. Don't really care about weight, but around 128 lbs. seems good. Height, about 2' 7" inches, not too tall, but good for a small, fast fox. And shadow strike seems fine, though I'd be open to other options. And again execlent job everyone!

Hooray for yet another successful CAP! Can't wait to playtest it.

The last things that need to be decided are: Height, Weight, if and how many pre-evos, and if Shadow Strike needs a different name.
3' 7"/96 lbs sounds fine to me, thats about what I invisioned it being.

I would prefer no Prevos, but if we must, the name should be from the Bonkit/Boinkabonk family.

As for the move name... ShadowStrike is fine, unless someone comes up with something more awesome.

Total Time: Four weeks, six days. The fastest CAP yet (take that, darkie).
Scarfdarkie was sent out!
ScoutMag used Shadow Sneak!
Its super effective!
Scarfdarkie lost 100% of his health!
Scarfdarkie fainted.

More like Magmortified used TRick Room lol.
I was thinking if this thing had steel masks it would would way alot, and need big muscles to support itself. I was thinking more like 200lbs ish. as for heigh, it looks like it stands strait, not crouche, so I'm thinking 3' 7''.
One Pre-Evo sounds great, and QuantumClaw would be really cool, though not very ghost like.

Steel/Ghost will cause a Height/Weight ratio problem, it only will be the stereotype of Steels to be Heavy and Ghosts weightless. Of course its not like there isn't any lightweight metal, or some sinful weighted-by-the-heart spirit.

I suggest it be around the 3'0" area, that seems right to me. I just Imagine it standing next to the trainer, and what seems natural I would go with. Did you know Gliscor is about 6 feet tall? I always thought it was shorter until I checked...

In any case, I want to sway toward the fact that Kitsunoh is ghostly and for the most part matter-less. Since the height is around 3 feet, the Masks themselves are close to frying pans. An average pan is around 4-6 pounds, are there are five masks, so I submit 50.0 pounds.

And for the move, ShadowStrike is just fine with me.

Hmm... weight is weird for this things, as Ghost and Steel are both on opposite ends of the weight spectrum. Ghosts are known for very light and Steels are know for being very heavy. I'd say:

Height: 2'11"
Weight: 73 lbs.

Since the height is around 3 feet, the Masks themselves are close to frying pans. An average pan is around 4-6 pounds, are there are five masks, so I submit 50.0 pounds.
Okay so it's mostly matter-less creature except for those frying pan mask, but how you get 50 lbs if each mask weight only 6 lbs at most. 5 * 6 =/= 50 the last time I remember.

I said the being was for the most part void of matter. You must still account for the body. Gastly isn't at 0 pounds, and he doesn't have something that even resembles innards.

I apologize for being a smart alec.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmm... weight is weird for this things, as Ghost and Steel are both on opposite ends of the weight spectrum. Ghosts are known for very light and Steels are know for being very heavy. I'd say:

Height: 2'11"
Weight: 73 lbs.
I direct you to Skarmory:

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 112 lbs.

Skarmory appears to have its skin constructed of a lightweight metal alloy that is very strong. It's bones are probably just like a birds, which are hollow but internally connected by strings of bone for support.

So no, Steel need not be necessarily heavy.

i actually think that this should be around suicune sized, but very light, as it is a ghost. maybe..6'00, but maybe ~85 lbs? only the steel masks give it weight, and because this has somewhat respectable defense, the mask "armor" give it 85 lbs of weight, for 85 base :)

i like the name shadow strike

Steels tend to be among the heaviest of Pokemon, but fast Pokemon tend to be light, so we have an interesting little paradox.

I'd say around 124 lbs would be about right.
And for height, I'm envisioning about 3'6''.

Im still a fan of Rift Hop. I liked the idea that the Pokemon could transport itself through rifts or dimensions.

Height: 2.2 feet.
Weight: 140 pounds

This comes roughly off of the wikipedia entry for Cougars, which seems like a decent animal to mimic for CAP7. These dimensions are way bigger than a fox, but most pokemon are bigger than the animals they imitate (i.e. raticate).

I see a lot of people entering some really tall heights. Keep in mind that this thing is on all fours. Even at three feet, a four legged creature is a freaking monster. I would suggest that everyone look up a creature that about fits the dimensions they are going for. You might be surprised how "short" some really scary four legged creatures are.

First off Scoopapa, I support your measurements and second I like to say that I'm actually surprised on how short most quadrupedal carnivores are. Most "big" carnivores around 2 to 3 feet at the shoulders. Their overall weight can range between 40 to 660 lbs. Most of these suggestion seem more realistic than I suspected, which now make feel silly for being upset over people making it so damn small.

Take a look at the four existing moves that have a chance to lower Defense~
Code:
Crunch
Crush Claw
Iron Tail
Rock Smash
Notice anything in common? They all sound like some sort of painful crushing attack. I believe if ShadowStrike gets a new name, it should fit this theme~~~

(Just a suggestion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)