CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 13 - Name Discussion/Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
TF2 shall prevail!

Boinkabonk

based on the scout of tf2, who is famous for saying BONK AND BOINK.

Inspired by Captain and Beej (and tennis) on the server. ily guys <3
You forgot me. I'm always banging on about that game.

Fauxfox is a good name.

Mines is probably the most random one you'll come across. Like most others, its two names combined together. In this case:

Kit- This is not a toolkit "Kit". This is "Kit" the car from the show Knightrider. It gives the main character of the show advice on whoever he encounters on his missions, can attack enemies with his "Turbo Mode", and identifies enemies and allies pretty quickly.

Panther- Elegy's design reminds me of a black panther, which is rumored to stalk at night and pounce on enemies. The black helps it hide in shadows.

Combine these two to get the following name:

Kitanther

I suggest Yokkoumen. I know it just looks like a bunch of typical weaboo-Japanese bantering, but I like the name and Phox looks like something out of a Japanese myth or legend anyway.

Yoko - Japanese fox spirit, just the kind of thing this thing appears to be.
Sekkou - Scout, spy, etc. What's the concept of this CAP, again?
Men - Mask, face guard, etc. Referencing the masks the Phox wears.

Alright, I'm only allowed one name so

Surveilynx - This is a great name IMO. Surveillance is something a scout does, and doesn't that phox look like a lynx? Add to this it rolls off the tongue very easily, and doesn't sound as forced as all these Japanese names. When seeing a name, people should be able to instantly recognise its roots (save a few), and I reckon Surveilynx does this.

I like Kitsunoh as a name. Maybe we should "americanize" it a little, though, as they seem to do that with pokes with foreign names. Even just "Kitsuno" might look more like a pokemon name.
Actually, Kitsunoh is "Americanized." Noh would be more accurately spelled as "Noo" or "Nou," depending how you translate. But like many words from Japan, it was changed to "look nicer."

But yeah, without the h looks nicer. However, it would lose the traceback to the Japanese threater since that's how it's Americanly (lol) spelled.

Giving my support to Felinx, just simple and easy to pronounce and rolls of the tongue.
Felinx, use tackle.
Yeah.

Visidae

Visum - latin for sight/to see

Canidae - Biological family that foxes belong to
I mean no offense but, all the biological families for animals end in -idae, so visidae pretty much means the family of sight. If you wanted to use the name right it would have been best to use canis-.

wikipedia said:
Almost all families are named for a type genus, and are formed by adding the ending -idae (animals) or -aceae (plants) to the stem of the genus name.

Masomzorra
It is short for mascarado sombra zorra, which is Galician for "masked shadow fox"

EDIT: Turns out the name was too long. All fixed now.

Kobalte

Kobalte (koh-bal-tee)

Cobalt is a metal (hence steel) and it describes the color of the pokemon, and the tee part suggests a Coyote, which I think are perceived as nefarious clever tricksters. I guess the -tee sound could be dropped, Kobalte (like Cobalt) sounds pretty bad ass actually. Don't know yet.

Also I think changing the C to a K makes it stylish enough to be a pokemon. Cobalte seemed a little generic.

Phox

Someone had to say it.
I for one am also fond of Elegy's Nickname for it. Phox is short, simple, to the point, and looks neat(to me anyways). I tried, but I can't really come up with one I personally think is better. Though everyone here is coming up with some fairly nifty names!

I really like GT's Barghest.
If you didn't read the monstropedia article on it, I strongly suggest it - it fits very well. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)