CAP 7 CAP 7 - Policy Committee Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is the thread for people to announce their desire to be on the Policy Committee for the upcoming creation project. Do not suggest other people.

The Policy Committee performs the following key functions:
  • Selecting a Topic Leader for the CAP Project
  • Creating Policy Review topics
  • Voting in Policy Review polls
The Policy Committee selection process is designed to be very inclusive. This is not a popularity contest. Anyone with an established history of active involvement on the CAP project, that has the desire to serve on this committee -- should be selected. The main purpose of this thread, is to force members to overtly request to be a part of the committee, and be willing to advertise their history of involvement on the CAP project. That's it. Selection to this committee should have nothing to do with whether a person is "liked" or "disliked" -- but you must be "active".

All Topic Leader nominees will be automatically nominated for inclusion on the Policy Committee, after the conclusion of the Topic Leader vote. Anyone that is active enough on the CAP project to seek the TL position, is assumed to be active enough to desire a position on the Policy Committee. However, just because the TL nominees are automatically nominated for the Policy Commitee, does not mean they will be automatically selected. See the Process guide sticky for more information about the Policy Committee.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts. Do not post support for the candidates, since this is not a public poll. This is not a discussion topic about the Policy Committee, so please do not ask questions about it here.

Here are the rules for Policy Committee candidacy posting:

• Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project (CAP 6). Involvement in multiple CAP projects is preferred. Voting is not "active involvement". Lurking is not "active involvement". You must have a strong track record of making intelligent posts and contributions to the project. Active playtesting on the CAP server is a highly valued contribution to the project.

• You must have a clear understanding of the CAP process and rules. If you are not familiar with current policy, you cannot expect to participate in changing it.

• If you are a member of the current Policy Committee -- then you simply need to make a post stating, "I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again." It is not necessary for you to re-post your qualifications.

• If you are not a member of the current Policy Committee -- include a brief summary of your involvement in the CAP project. Include enough summary to remind the moderators of who you are and what you have done here. If you assume the mods are familiar with your work, and they are not -- then it is your fault if you are passed over.

• Make candidacy posts only. A sure-fire way to prove that you do not understand CAP rules is to go off-topic in this thread.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again.

EDIT: Since EM did it:

"Hi I'm tennisace and if you don't know me you shouldn't be on the committee. ^_^"

Tennis and I said (or at least joked) we'd both do this on the server so here goes:

"Hi I'm EM and if you don't know me you obviously have never been on the server and shouldn't run for this ._."

I think that's where we draw the line of being 'active' in the project or not, because as Doug said in the OP it takes more than just lurking and voting to be 'active' in the project. You should also be playtesting and possibly helping out in PR threads.

I am a member of the current Policy Committee, and I would like to serve on the committee again.

I nominate myself.

I've been on the Cap Server since the very beginning and was on Smogon since Syclant and have started to contribute since Rev.I am highly active on the server and the regulars know me on the server as Hybrid.I have also took part in many discussions and and arguments in the CaP forums and on the server as well and have also contributed alot but never won any polls and such. I'm a Driver(Mini-Mod) on the CaP server and a VTO(Senior TO) as well. I've also helped playtest all the CaPs. And I've also decided to become more active and take part in alot more Discussion than I am doing right now. And I think thats it.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I nominate myself on the basis of my intermittent server activity, my awesome ability to make broad general concepts that get completely changed from what I had in mind, and the fact that I can be a middle man in PR threads (if it isn't something like should EVO exist where its no use trying to be the middle man).

But seriously, I'm nominating myself because it wouldn't feel right if I didn't.

Edit:

Important quotable phrases should be in bold.

Hi I'd like to be part of the policy committee. I've been involved since Fidgit, and had been watching closely before then. I'm always around CAP somewhere.

Who is tennisace?

I'm going to nominate myself, as I feel that I'm making a good contribution to CAP already (since Pyroak/Fidgit, although I voted during Revenankh), and being on the PRC will help me help CAP even more.

I would like to nominate myself to be part of the Policy Committee. I have worked hard on Arghonaut, making many submissions and voicing my opinions, and also having average participation in every other CAP before that (Syclant through Stratagem). I worked hard on my submissions at the time, and I familiarized myself with the guidelines and policies of the CAP, and each of the submission threads. Thank you for considering my nomination. One example of my contribution could be the name "Arghonaut" and also a movepool submission I had made that did not get very far. I also began the CAP with a strong submission that made it far out only to be soon beaten.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, guys. I'm (Lord/Magician) Vader and I'd like to be on the Policy Committee. I may not have posted very much on the forums, but I'm extremely active on the server and have a very good grasp on the process and how it works. I am also strictly committed to the research that the CaP Project yields and will put it before anything else in the decisions that I make. I am a respected member of the server and have actively playtested every CaP since Fidgit and am very familiar with the Metagame.

I would like to serve on the Policy Committee. I first became involved in the CAP project during CAP 5. As it was going on, I was mostly learning the CAP process and getting a feeling for how things worked. However, once it ended and the attempt at the EVO project that followed it began, I became much more involved in the process.

During that EVO attempt, I became involved in the discussion threads, arguing for why I felt we were going in the wrong direction by evolving Farfetch'd, acting more based on fanboyism and appealing to the state of terrible Pokemon, rather than going with what what was best from the metagame.

Following that, I stayed involved during CAP 6. I participated in the discussion threads, from the Type Discussion to the Ability Discussion to the Sprite Submission. I had also participated in the Name Submission Thread and the Stat Spread Submission thread, though time constraints with school at the time prevented me from being able to do the relevant damage calcs to include with my submission and improve it, though I still tried my best to make a unique, good spread.

Finally, I am also recently become active on the CAP server, under the same name, participating in several battles a day and when I'm not battling I'm usually lurking there for at least a few hours, watching the discussion and other people testing CAPs.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would like to be on the Policy Committee. I have been involved with CAP since it's inception, and try to offer aid and assistance wherever I can.

I also play on the Server and put input into most of the threads.

I regret not having signed up for the for the Policy Committee last time, so I am submitting my application now on the basis of my regular activity on the server and forum.

Have been with CAP since Pyroak.

I regret not signing up to the policy committee as well. I probably joined during the making of Revenankh but didn't really have any interest until Pyroak. I've been on the server for quite some time and I connect nearly every day to fulfill my mod duties and sometimes play some matches.

Hey I'm Beef and I want to be apart of the committee. I know my activity has been dropping as of late (well finals aren't helping giving me free time) But I'm trying to get back into the server and the forums.
Well I have been with the server for a long time and every regular there knows me for my stupity and that I'm mag's insultbag. But I do have some intelligence and I think I would be a great help to the committee. I have been with Cap since Rev and was majorly involved in Fidgey

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The credentials are in the previous Policy committee submission thread.

Having been playing on the CAP server since Revenankh's implementation and have contributed towards subsquent projects as well as having written something on the side.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I'll put my name in

I've been lurking around CAP since Pyroak and have been "active" (on the sever anyways >_>) for 8+ months. While I wasn't terribly active during the most recent CaP, I was on the server for playtesting, and I've been paying attention and know my stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)