1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 7 CAP 7 - Topic Leader Nominations

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by DougJustDoug, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Welcome to the kickoff of CAP 7!

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to be the Topic Leader for the upcoming creation project. Do not suggest other people. If someone doesn't strongly desire to be a Topic Leader without provocation, then we don't need them signing up for the job. Topic Leader is not an honorary title. It requires a lot of work and attention. If you are not prepared to fulfill all the responsibilities, then do not throw your hat in the ring.

To avoid some confusion we had last time -- Topic Leader nominees will automatically be considered nominees for the CAP 7 Policy Committee, after the Topic Leader vote is complete. See the Policy Committee Nomination thread for more information regarding the the Policy Committee.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts, and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic.

Here are the guidelines for posting in this thread:

• Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project (CAP 6 - Arghonaut). Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.

• Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM.

• If you are new to the CAP project, don't bother signing up to be a Topic Leader. Lurk more.

• Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.

• Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then how can you expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate? Convince us that you are a good choice.

• Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look like an uneducated idiot. It's not a great way to look like a thoughtful, intelligent, community leader.

• Even if you don't think you are better-qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting a candidacy. Candidates not selected as the TL for this project, will be on the "watch list" by the community for next time. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected. Like I said, if you post here, people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely in the future.

• Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.

• Please do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.

If these rules are not followed by all posters, the offenders will be moderated.
  2. linton

linton

I would like to throw my name into the hat (again).

I have been around CAP since it was started but I really never liked posting. As more caps went on, the more I posted but because of the times I could get onto the computer, I missed some polls and discussions. I offered to be the TL of CAP 6 and it was the first time I chose to become the Topic Leader of a CAP project. I lost that but it was fair seeing how no one knew me. During the CAP 6 I posted and tried to be as involved as I could but time and other things just got in to the and I couldn't contribute as much as I could.

I have "lead" a lot of things in my normal life, made my own site and stuff like that and I think I may be able to lead a CAP project well and may be able to help with running a CAP.

Thanks for your time.
  3. cyberzero

cyberzero
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I'm cyberzero and I'd like to run for CAP7's TL.

For those who frequent the server or even stop by occasionally, I should need no introduction. For those who don't know me as well, I joined the CAP Project around the time that Revenankh was being implemented, and I've been participating actively since late Pyroak.

I consider myself sociable, intelligent and well-versed in the CAP process as well as a friend and acquaintance to many in the community. On the CAP server, I'm a driver (pseudo-moderator) and a Senior TO. In real life, I'm currently taking three AP Classes, including AP English, and am in High Honor Roll. I have proven that I can make coherent posts which the community can benefit from throughout the process. I feel I have sufficient qualifications and skills to run CAP7 smoothly and efficiently.

Once again, I'm a regular on the server, participate on the forums a lot, and I have personally playtested with the CAPs on a regular basis. I'm very optimistic about the possibilities that the outcome of this CAP will bring, so may the best nominee win!
  4. Magmortified

Magmortified <b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Hi, guys.

I'm Magmortified. Most of the people involved with CAP know me as a mod on the server who's willing to allow people to speak their minds, but comes down hard when things get out of hand (and they often do). I initially got involved with CAP through the server when Syclant had just debuted. Over time, I became an active contributor to the CAP project as well, taking part in many discussions which have helped shape the project and the Pokemon it produces.

I'm an experienced battler on the server (having managed to control three alts in the leaderboard's top five at one point), and I've done a lot of playtesting for the created Pokemon. I consider myself a fair judge on the condition of the metagame, and how we can best benefit and learn from it.

I am a native speaker of English, and can write comprehensible posts.

I feel that I would be able to keep CAP well under control so as to produce the best possible results in our latest project (seven is a lucky number, after all), so consider me when you're at the ballot.

Vote Mag.
  5. v

v I'm on your six
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

I have to say that both Mag and Cyber are excellent choices and either way the project wins. Good luck to you both!
  6. tennisace

tennisace brock you like a hurricane
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

I'm going to support Magmortified in this, he seems like the most qualified candidate. However, Cyberzero is almost as qualified and I would support him too.
  7. Beef 2.0

Beef 2.0

I'm going to have to support Cyberzero, one being my best friend. Two he is seriously online from right when he getst home from school to 2 or 3 am everyday, meaning he will always be up to date on stuff and never post a thread late.
  8. Icy Vegeta

Icy Vegeta

Supporting cyberzero as he is a great person and is online very often.
  9. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

I'm gonna support Mag, since he knows the CaP well and can get things done fast and good. Sorry Cyber ...you're one of my best friends on the Server but personally I think Mag will do a better job....but you have the capability to be a great TL!
  10. Dragonknight!

Dragonknight!

i support mag, because through cap5 and cap6, i've noticed mag's posts a lot more than cyberzero, and i really agreed with many of his ideas.
  11. Bobtheball4

Bobtheball4 CAP Playtesting Expert

I would have to go with cyber since i see him more of a leader than mag imo. and like beef said, i see him on pretty much every day always (but so is mag, so thats pretty much a tie). However i see cyber as more of an out going person than Mag.
  12. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

I'm going to support Cyberzero here, good luck to all candidates though.
  13. Shigen

Shigen

I vote Mag. He's a good mod, very experienced, and the leading concept (in popular opinion) is currently his. Sorry Cyber.
  14. Lunar Fang

Lunar Fang

I'm just as conflicted as everyone else is. I really have no doubt CAP 7 would be just as awesome if either of them led it. Mag is a cool guy, he's pretty focused and he's well spoken, not to mention he's one of the most knowledgeable players frequenting CAP. He'd do great. Cyber on the other hand could do just as well, maybe even give Mag a run for his money. He's an excellent person overall and happens to be one of the most respected users on CAP. He'd definitely go the extra mile for our contentment.

With that said, I'm going to go ahead and support Magmortified for CAP 7 TL.

(No hard feelings Cyber.We're still buddies!)
  15. Lawman

Lawman

Mag or Cyber would make great candidates, but I cannot choose between the two. Good luck to both of you!
  16. PapaCAP

PapaCAP

I support linton 100% and hope one day he actually gets selected! He's a really cool, smart guy, dedicated man.
  17. TheMantyke

TheMantyke ᴵ ᶰᵉᵉᵈ ᵃ ᵐᵒᶰˢᵗᵉʳ ᵗᵒ ᶜᶫᵒᵇᵇᵉʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ᴷᶦʳᵇʸ
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

I only remember Maggy from my little cup days back in July, but with his frequency here, I'd say he's a qualified man for the job.

Vote Magster!
  18. Blazikenmaster-Zeo

Blazikenmaster-Zeo

I'm going to support Cyber cause he has helped out alot with all the other CAPs

(this is Lordofnoobs for the people that get on the server)
  19. nihilist

nihilist

I support Mag.
    He has contributed to the CAP projects a lot
    he always comes up with productive and useful input
  20. jagged_angel

jagged_angel

I would like to see cyberzero take on the role of TL this time as I think he could use the TL experience more.

Yes Mag is well known and would obviously be an accomplished TL. But I think that cyber has the necessary experience and skills too and as the less experienced of the two with positions of authority, I would prefer to see him have this chance to take the reins.
  21. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Topic Leader nominations are now closed. We will convene the Policy Committee and hold a vote. A voting thread will be opened soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)