CAP 8 CAP 8 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look kinda Steelish, but the wires for legs and outlet-face and blue electric-lines are very electric-y! I still love it!

==EDIT==

And we can't forget about the plug-feet! But also, is he supposed to be some kinda violin? :P

here's a design i did. i know the instrument theme has already been touched upon, but i sort of couldn't help myself:

cartoons, your design is brilliant as usual. another one that works really well is pkmn-taicho321's. great stuff.
There are many talented artists here with several great submissions. It's giving me a headache trying to decide which I like best. However, this one has to be the most creative one I've seen. It's a great pose and it fits the theme really well. Top job!

I tweaked the shading just a little and changed the eye slightly.

This is just awesome. It looks better than most of Ken Sugimori's drawings

Seriously, I think this is the best one yet. It looks professional.

I think that the Alternate Color scheme you made should be blue though, instead of red.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That's really cool zant, but if you want it to be your final submission you'd have to get rid of the shadow, as all pictures must be on a plain white BG.

Nonetheless, that is probably the most creative dragon I have seen in this thread.

here's a design i did. i know the instrument theme has already been touched upon, but i sort of couldn't help myself:

cartoons, your design is brilliant as usual. another one that works really well is pkmn-taicho321's. great stuff.
I have to say, this is the most brilliant and original art I've seen so far. I love it!

No offense to Zantimonious, who is clearly a skilled artist, but this Pokemon (IMHO) doesn't work. So far I'm the only one that thinks that this complete transformation of a Pokemon into a robotic character doesn't fit well at all. The only reason Pokemon like Magnamite work is because they're also part Steel, giving them that robotic feel in the first place. =/

Well I worked some more and I'm quite happy with my color choices. I went with the green because with the shading and highlighting it really looks like a circuit board. I'm also posting Electric blue because I have a soft spot for that one and it could be a potential shiny color. So this is close to final submission status.

Link to the electric blue color scheme

I was always polarized with the whole electric dragon concept and I was fleshing out my other concept, the Raijin Dragon, here's some more finalized lineart. I like this too >.<, so I was wondering, are we only limited to one final submission concept? These two are very different though.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2i9s1t3.jpg
Wow, this one just about jumped to the top of my list.

It's really original, because it isn't some huge majestic/epic looking dragon, its more like a salamander that uses bioelectricity, which is something that sounds much more feasible for an electric/dragon pokemon (thats what it brings to mind, anyway), and it looks more like a wild animal than a "puff the magic dragon" sort of thing.

Edit: The Raijin Dragon is awesome too. Maybe with a few changes it could be this guy's next evolution (unless this was already intended to be fully evolved) ?

The "Steel" that people are complaining about in Zant's design doesn't really feel Steel to me at all, though! It's such an organic little creature, like a mechanized Faerie Dragon. It doesn't have all of the sleek, metallic right angles like a Clockwerk Goblin, for example. It's very whimsical-looking!

That's why I think that having Steel as a sort of "hidden third type," like Charizard and Gyarados's Dragon type, Flygon's Flying type, or Yanmega's dragonfly-ness, rather than an actual type that affects the mechanics, is perfectly acceptable.

The "Steel" that people are complaining about in Zant's design doesn't really feel Steel to me at all, though! It's such an organic little creature, like a mechanized Faerie Dragon. It doesn't have all of the sleek, metallic right angles like a Clockwerk Goblin, for example. It's very whimsical-looking!

That's why I think that having Steel as a sort of "hidden third type," like Charizard and Gyarados's Dragon type, Flygon's Flying type, or Yanmega's dragonfly-ness, rather than an actual type that affects the mechanics, is perfectly acceptable.
Someone plays Warcraft 3.
xD

The Raijin Dragon is awesome too. Maybe with a few changes it could be this guy's next evolution (unless this was already intended to be fully evolved) ?
lol, no, they are actually two separate Pokemon that I have choose between, unfortunately I don't know which one I like more, it may come down to a simple coin flip. I will complete both of them though, just to see how it goes.

@ ixfalia: I like the circuit gecko way more than Raijin Dragon. The geckos first sketch was really good and interesting, but I think you took to much out of the original sketch design when you coloured it, maybe try putting some of that stuff back?

Also, thanks Penguino for all the support, I really appreciate it. :)

Final Submission

Supporting Material:
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4362/newposes.jpg

Pokedex Entry: Though small (CAP8)'s wings are strong enough to sustain many hours of flight.
PokeDex Entry#2: Often times (CAP8) fall asleep mid-flight only to be woken by passing spearow.

The Process-
-My first design which got chanced around pretty early on-
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2802/cap8possiblesubmission.jpg
-An Animation- Edit: For some reason the video isn't the full animation >_<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XbGwBZjes8
-The New-
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7513/capsubmissionnewideacle.jpg

Something I cooked up last night
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1415/motherprotectingbaby.jpg

It's such an organic little creature, like a mechanized Faerie Dragon.
I believe the words organic and mechanized are contradictory.

I think Zant's design looks like a cool monster for a Yugioh card, but not so much a pokemon.

I think part of the problem is that Zant's design uses too many primary colors. Blue, Green, Red and Yellow are just too much for most of us to handle, almost all pokemon are dual toned, not counting black white and gray.

agreeing with everyone that zant's is great art, but just not quite right as it stands for a pokemon...emphasize the organic maybe? it's a really awesome concept, and would open up moves like bug buzz, perish song, metal sound...at least from a flavor perspective...

just saying.

lots of good contenders though. normally i have a favorite...but this time...i have no clue.

I dropped the cloud on its head, changed its color a little bit and a minor edit to its head.
What do you think ???
Before:

after:

I dropped the cloud on its head, changed its color a little bit and a minor edit to its head.
What do you think ???
Before:

after:
I really like that concept! It's so cool! I like the new color scheme more than the old one. Artist me is saying there are minor perspective problems with the head though, the head's position makes it a bit awkward. Also maybe you can bring back the markings on the tail and put a cloud on top of the tail, I think that would be cool :D.

How much longer do artists have to do their Final Submission post?

There are so many AMAZING designs that I would hate for some of them to not make it to the poll because people didn't do a Final Submission post.

There will be approximately 2 or 3 more days remaining for this poll, please try and get your final submissions in!

All submissions that would like to be in the Art Poll must have the words "Final Submission" somewhere in the post. Any posts that have already done so do not to be reposted.
Posted a day and a half ago. Crunch time.

crunch time indeed =.= ...need....sleep...

Final Submission

First post in this WHOLE community and my inaugural attempt at cap, I know my submission isn't the best so just feel free to criticize:

Can you guys see the image?? If you cant pls tell tell what I can do to add an image successfully =)
I'm sorry I cannot see the image, to get the image to display (keeping in mind that it can be no larger than 800x800px) you use the [ img ] tag (without spaces) then put the direct URL of the image file you want to display and end it with [ /img ] tag (without spaces). I hope that helps.

As for me... this took a lot longer than I thought it would O.o, all I have to do now is shade, but I'm posting it here so people can take a look. Color's are a bit wacky right now as well. Well it's still gonna be a tough choice for me between the two Pokemon.

crunch time indeed =.= ...need....sleep...

I'm sorry I cannot see the image, to get the image to display (keeping in mind that it can be no larger than 800x800px) you use the [ img ] tag (without spaces) then put the direct URL of the image file you want to display and end it with [ /img ] tag (without spaces). I hope that helps.

As for me... this took a lot longer than I thought it would O.o, all I have to do now is shade, but I'm posting it here so people can take a look. Color's are a bit wacky right now as well. Well it's still gonna be a tough choice for me between the two Pokemon.

Wow ixfalia, that's looking really good so far! Although, I think it looks a bit too much like a cobra (the big frill thing behind its head). But still, it looks really cool!

Wow ixfalia, that's looking really good so far! Although, I think it looks a bit too much like a cobra (the big frill thing behind its head). But still, it looks really cool!
I find that any reptile can easily fit the theme of a Dragon. Never the less, it's a cool design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)