1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 10 - Name Poll 4

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by cyberzero, May 13, 2009.

?

What should CAP 8's name be?

1. Atmosfere

33.3%
  2. Nimbus

25.2%
  3. Cyclohm

41.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberzero

cyberzero
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I'm back, so I'll be in charge of CAP 8 for the remainder of the project. A huge thanks to CyzirVisheen for taking over on such short notice and for doing such a great job!

Our Pokemon so far:

[​IMG]

Type: Electric / Dragon
    Style Bias: Somewhat Defensive
    Build Bias: Mixed, possibly Special
    Ability: Shield Dust/Static
    Stats: 108 HP/60 Atk/118 Def/112 Sp Atk/70 Sp Def/80 Spe

This will be a clicky poll. Select one of the following options:

Nimbus
    Cyclohm
    Atmosfere
  2. Hohahihehu

Hohahihehu

Thanks everyone that got Cyclohm so far, I didn't think it would make it past the first round.
  3. hydrolphin

hydrolphin

Since Teslacoatl is gone Cyclohm sounds the best. I am not a fan of Atmosfere/fear. Nimbus is good but it feels a little to fast.
    Cyclohm sounds pretty cool, and for once, I think I am pronouncing it right. (SI-klom... right?)
  4. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Flying Nimbus to the rescue. :naughty:
  5. Namso

Namso
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Cyclohm is definitely the best name up there, even though I don't really like it. Atmosfere is just terrible to be honest, and Nimbus sounds so egyption like and is better suited for a dog in my opinion.
  6. Mentlegen

Mentlegen

I've already said this:

Nimbus = A pokemon nickname.
    Atmosfere isn't that creative, although we have seen pokemon like torterra and houndoom, so I wouldn't put it past Gamefreak.

I'm left with Cyclohm, which is a good name. Very creative, and the reference is very loose so that it sounds more like a name rather than a play on words or something.
  7. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

But Nimbus is Latin in origin :c

They're still complains about those name but only in small bursts.
  8. zach the great

zach the great

Hooray that Spiffy didnt make it.
    Cyclohm FTW.
  9. ParadOxymoron

ParadOxymoron

Atmosfere.
    Cyclohm is a quite mediocre name in my opinion =/
    I mean, Cyclohm? =/
    Doesn't exactly sound like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, or Garchomp to me. All such BANG, Shell-schock kind of names. Cyclohm is so tame. Like a middle-evolution's name.

Traiclone would be okay. Anyway. Nimbus doesn't really sound like a dragon, so Atmosfere is the best name up there left, IMHO.
  10. MegaKick

MegaKick

This
  11. Xeorr

Xeorr

come on guys, nimbus. please vote nimbus. Well, anyways the three suggestions thus far are better than spiffy of late.
  12. Vinyacoire

Vinyacoire

I second this post. I will abstain and may very well refer to it as Thunderdick.
  13. GTS

GTS

Cyclohm just doesn't match for me.

Went with Atmosfere, but I'd prefer either of the other two over Cyclohm.
  14. D0nut eater5

D0nut eater5

I voted Cyclohm, though Atmosfere would be great as well.
  15. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

And Cyber lives!

And glad at least Cyclohm is holding up, I guess.
  16. billymills

billymills
    is a Forum Moderator

I don't know what you're complaining about. Fidgit was never a terrible name, and none of these names are in the same realm as GHOSTEEL. All three are decent names, and we should be happy we don't have the terrible choices we've had recently (Past two-three CAPs).

Also, if you have ever gone to the CAP server, you can nickname your pokemon.

On a lighter note, I voted for Cyclohm.
  17. petrie911

petrie911

Well, at least now all the choices are fitting. Still supporting Atmosfear, but I could probably learn to like the other two.
  18. Vinyacoire

Vinyacoire

I was never really complaining. And I suppose I don't completely agree with the entire post, because I do like Fidgit's name.There were plenty of decent names for this CAP (in fact, I abstained from the initial vote because I couldn't decide which one I liked best) but the three remaining names just don't seem right. Fidgit works for a lighthearted little spider, but does Nimbus really strike you as a bulky three-headed dragon? Cyclohm sounds like a Flying-type, and this thing doesn't even levitate. And Atmosfere has taken enough complaints, so I won't even address that. Yes, these names are creative, but I don't think they fit the Electric Dragon...
  19. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=

Before anyone starts complaining about nazi moderators, whatever deleting my post, I want it known that I just deleted it myself. Beej has made me see that I was stirring up controversy over a name poll of all things, and that really isn't what CAP is about, nor is it my usual style.

While I do feel very strongly on the subject, I don't want to create any more controversy like the stuff that has already been present in this CAP.

Personally, yeah, I'm calling it Thunderdick. If you like that name better than any of those choices, go ahead and use it yourself. However, CAP8 will have an official name and it will be one of the three choices allowed in this poll. You can't change what's done.

Besides,

billymills, we're friends. And while I've never had a problem with Fidgit or Kitsunoh, you as a #cap regular must know full well the amount of hate people had at the time. Like I said, they got over it.

Vinyacoire, we haven't met, but, while I appreciate the support, I don't want any kind of arguments happening here.
  20. Recoil

Recoil

Went with Nimbus. Well, that guy is a... nimbus cloud with lightning-like heads. Nothing fits it better than that. Although I find Nimbus to be way too simple...
    And we could give it wheels.
  21. Vinyacoire

Vinyacoire

I don't want any arguments either, I was just explaining why I'm abstaining. I actually abstained from the last vote as well because I didn't care for the other two much more, if that makees you feel any better. Apologies to anyone else if it's taken the wrong way.
  22. Lord Raiden

Lord Raiden

Fidgit is supposed to be a spider?

Now I hate it even more.

Voted Cyclohm, but I don't understand why that name got up there; there were plenty of other anmes that suited this CAP waaay better and actually made it sound dragon-y. Besides, it has nothing at all to do with a cyclone other than being some kind of manifestation of a thunderstorm.
  23. Gir!

Gir!

Why Teslacoatl? Why? It was a great name, but guess, now thas it is, unfortunately, out of the way, Cyclohm sounds by far as the best option, mainly because of Atmosfere sounds like a mispell and Nimbus doesnt have that "punch" I like in pokemon names(maybe its just me)
  24. Lostmyth

Lostmyth

After reading the description about cyclohm I wanted to vote for that, to bad I voted before I read.
  25. polelover44

polelover44

I'm not a huge fan of Nimbus. Atmosfere sounds the best, but Cyclohm is fine too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)