CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 10a - Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Cyzir's is indeed the winner how about:
Trimera

An obvious pun of Chimera. Tri means three(and it is three headed). Tri is also present in the word eletric for all it is worth. As for why Chimera? Well in many cases 'Dragons' are chimera's of a sort. Chimeras(typically in fantasy) are creatures that are a mixture of various creatures and many dragons could probably fit that bill. In addition if memory serves weren't the Hydra, Cerberus and the Chimera in greek myth siblings(I could easily be wrong though)?

how about wataclode?

watts + draco + cloud?

basically this thing should have the power that comes with draco and really this is really simple to explain but i like it

pronounced wah-tay-clode

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
how about wataclode?

watts + draco + cloud?

basically this thing should have the power that comes with draco and really this is really simple to explain but i like it

pronounced wah-tay-clode

sounds like "what a cloud", which works nicely with cyzirs art.

how about wataclode?

watts + draco + cloud?

pronounced wah-tay-clode

Lol sounds like what-a-clod.

I like MC50's idea of monzeun. It is catchy, relates to CAP8, and rolls off the tongue very nicely. Definitely getting my vote as of now, unless something better comes up.

Earlier I was thinking of Cirrent, a combination of Cirrus and Current

Edit: And on that note, Cirrpent could work =/ (Cirrus, Current, Serpent)

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Isn't it rather early to start polls? I mean we aren't even sure who won the art contest yet, correct?
Indeed. In fact, I honestly don't really think it will actually begin tomorrow for sure, as we might STILL be waiting on the results. However, we still need to start compiling the names for the poll. If you believe one design will win, submit a name for that design. If the results turn out differently, simply edit your final submission post. That's all.
EDIT: Edited my earlier post to reflect this post.
EDIT2: Also please remember to bold your final submissions.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just to confirm, my final submission is Dragohm

Combination of Dragon and Ohm. Pronounced "Dray Gome"

Final Submission-- Dragrandel

Dragon + Grand + Electric

i know it's not as good as some others, but at least i tried

Since I've seen a little support for it:

Final Submission
Cyclohm

Cyclone, which is a storm, and Ohm, a unit of resistance which on an electric pokemon implies bulky. Or refers to it's 4x resist to electric.

So, FINAL SUBMISSION:

Ohmryu is logical, because Ohm is a unit of resistance, and the CAP 8 is a bulky, moreover Ohm to a report with electricity. Ryu is the japanese word for Dragon, simply. And it sounds great.

Ohm + Ryu = Ohmryu

Here's my final submission, Raivern

It is just a combination of Rai, the japanese term for thunder/lightning, and wyvern.

Thanks for the support anyways.hihi^^

Mai fai-nerl sarb-mee-shun:

Fulmidra

Consists of the words fulmination, which basically means thunder, and hydra.

Final Submission: Zeulzar

Creation: Zeus + Lizard

Bonus: Last competitive poke alphabetically, ie the Omega (Ω)!

Third time, my final submission is Atmosfere. The best part is it's not thunder word + dragon word, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)