CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 10d - Name Poll 3

A bulky Electric/Dragon Hydra Pokemon... What will it be called?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Nimbus, as the name seems fitting. As a side note, I am officially back in action (sorta). Thanks a lot to CyzirVisheen for taking over on such short notice! I'll be able to take over for the remainder of the CAP project.

I won't pretend I wasn't being overly defensive in that post, but my point wasn't to knock on the value of competitiveness as a goal (or engineers). I recognize that the artistic elements have their place, I was simply defending it against the opinion that it has 'no place'.
The artistic elements within CAP does have a place as without it we wouldn't have so many people coming to this forum/server. I will admit that from time to time we (I) do make the implement that flavor is one big pain in the ass towards the project, but frankly we (I) do understand that flavor does have some benefits towards keeping this project running and that some flavor aspect are competitive helpful (competitively flavorful, is that even possible?). Flavor isn't totally bad, just sometime it sticks it's nose into places it doesn't belong or vice-versa for competitive. BTW, I mean no disrespect to any engineers out there. I know that a few of them have decent artistic skills and use them everyday.

Speaking of keeping the project going, what would happen to it when a new generation of Pokemon appear?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm still voting for Spiffy, even though it probably won't win. However Nimbus is a really cool name that I would have backed had Spiffy not made it to the second/third poll. It's a cool pun and really fits the Pokemon.

On a side note, I don't understand why some people are so vehemently opposed to a name which you can easily change on your teambuilder.

I'm still voting for Spiffy, even though it probably won't win. However Nimbus is a really cool name that I would have backed had Spiffy not made it to the second/third poll. It's a cool pun and really fits the Pokemon.

On a side note, I don't understand why some people are so vehemently opposed to a name which you can easily change on your teambuilder.
Because that really has no influence on it. If Spiffy won, we'd rename our Pokemon, for sure (I'd name mine Tennisface). However, in #cap and on the server chat, I can't go around saying things like, "Dang, Tennisface just got a crit on my Tyranitar!" We're all going to be forced to refer to it as either "Spiffy" or simply "CAP8" which I personally don't want to do.

Naturally, I voted Teslacoatl. I can't wait to call it Specs Tesla, DD Tesla, or whatever.

Vote Teslacoatl!

Smaugohm(like smogon if your slow) or whatever the suggestion was is even better!.
(Maybe I should have cast Smaugon as my final submission instead of changing it...)

Atmosfere was my vote, because its pretty simple, and rolls off the tongue quite nicely. The other names don't even sound like they would cut it as a Pokemon, besides maybe Teslacoatl.

It's the principle of what the CaP community (plus the people that vote, but never actually come on) think is a "good" name idea. And who's to say we're happy with EVERY name Game Freak comes up with? *coughLeafeoncoughLickilickycough* Also, of COURSE you can nickname it (I've nicknamed EVERY Kitsunoh I've used Maskitell myself); it's just the fact that you have to live with the name and use it to refer to the species, even if the majority of CaP regulars did not particularly like that name. I'm not saying that the "random Smogonites" shouldn't be allowed to vote; it's just so easy for an "unattractive" option to win. CaP is our brainchild, so we should give it a fitting name.

Wanted (and originally coined, despite what Mag may tell you) Dragohm, but it was eliminated so I went for the next-best option of Cyclohm; I will be fine if Spiffy and Nimbus don't win. (Srsly, not "Nimbuster" or "Nimbaslisk", just "Nimbus"?)

Not Nimbus!
Honestly, all other suggestions are cool except that one. They are are inventive and actually sound like a species of pokemon. Nimbus is a nick name for a pokemon.

As for my vote? Spiffy

As in, that is one Spiffy dragon.

(My honest vote would be Teslacoatl, most inventive one I've seen)

I voted for Nimbus, as the name seems fitting. As a side note, I am officially back in action (sorta). Thanks a lot to CyzirVisheen for taking over on such short notice! I'll be able to take over for the remainder of the CAP project.
You're Alive! And feeling well I hope.

Anyway voted for Teslacoatl, because it sounds the coolest, but Nimbus wouldn't be bad either.

Voted Teslacoatl. Sky-serpent plus the world's craziest inventor? Sounds like a winning combination to me. Plus, Tesla was famous for using his namesake coils to have massive arcs of electricity just flying from his body; seems like a good choice to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing Nimbus...but I'll (not-so-)secretly cry inside if it gets named Spiffy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)