CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 15 - Sprite Poll 2

Which sprite should we use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clawed Nyasu. I loved his/her sprite ever since s/he posted the first draft. Great pose, and it really looks like an actual D/P/Pt sprite.

Dang, my internet went out for a few days! T_T

Anyways, I voted Nyasu in a literal coin flip between him and Aragorn. Both sprites were absolutely great.

Oh wow, this has been one of my toughest vote to make in a sprite poll in the whole CAP, but I really had to go with DougJustDoug

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
god dammit both Doug's and Wyverii's shinies are awsome, but I just love the look of aragornbird's(stance, proportions). I think over all though Wyverii's is my favorites. (There're all f*cking amazing though so it really doesn't matter)

-Sob- why Headpunch? lol, well, seeing as my favorite sprite didnt make it, Im going to have to go for my second favorite, AragonBird, I just hope this doesnt end up in a AB vs DJD

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Doug's sprite deserves more love. I see Cyclohm as being a badass Pokemon, much like Salamence, and I think that his sprite captures that element very well.

Doug's sprite deserves more love. I see Cyclohm as being a badass Pokemon, much like Salamence, and I think that his sprite captures that element very well.
asdfalsdfhajkslfjks, I saw it as a badass Pokemon right up until we chose the name Cyclohm .____.

There must be some way to better campaign my names =/

I think I've finally gotten a good idea of what makes them appealing to people? Like, if it's elegant than that's great, but what's most important is that the portmanteau be seamlessly elegant and clever. :3

Anyway, back on topic, yeah. I just think that Aragornbird's pose is miles away more aggressive, more dynamic, more awesome, more everything, than the others. Not that they all aren't of impeccable quality, as well. :D

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After a lot of thought it really came down to AragonBird and DougJustDoug. It was a really difficult decision, but the thing that finally made me go Doug were his shiny sprites. Even though white and blue have been done before, it is really an eye catching combination. Great job to all and a special good job to DougJustDoug.

didnt aragonbird get over 50% in the last poll or does that not count for the "vote for as many as you want" style?

I say Aragonbird, but is there a way to get Doug's back sprites..?
It comes as a package. Front sprites and back sprites must be voted on together.

didnt aragonbird get over 50% in the last poll or does that not count for the "vote for as many as you want" style?
The plan was not to take the one with 50%+ in the last poll, but to weed out those that did not get as many votes and let the top ones move on, in this case the top 4.

The decision was very hard. They were all excellent choices, but in the end it came down to Doug and aragornbird. Doug's looks a bit more tankish, so I'm going with

DougJustDoug

To me Aragorn Bird and Nyasu's are both amazing. I really dislike Doug's for some reason (dunno why, just doesn't appeal to me.) However, Wyverii's is okay. I ended up voting for Nyasu cause I figure AB didn't even need the vote.

I was expecting Clawed Nyasu design to go against aragornbird's design for the finals but huge upset I guess, I was expecting Clawed Nyasu to win.

aragonbird because the sprite color fits better for my liking
i would've voted for doug's but the backsprite is a bit weird

still awesome job everyone

asdfalsdfhajkslfjks, I saw it as a badass Pokemon right up until we chose the name Cyclohm .____.

There must be some way to better campaign my names =/

I think I've finally gotten a good idea of what makes them appealing to people? Like, if it's elegant than that's great, but what's most important is that the portmanteau be seamlessly elegant and clever. :3
Before we end this poll, I'd just like to address that there has been a lot of negative energy around the name, art, and inevitably will be with the sprite, as it is with all CAPs. Unfortunately, not everyone will be happy about the results, but quite frankly, if you don't want to accept that this is a democratic project then you shouldn't be here. This is in no way meant to drive anyone out, but please be accepting of whatever happens because this project goes by majority rule.

On a more on-topic note, this sprite poll is over, with DougJustDoug and Aragornbird moving on to the finals. Thanks for voting everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)