Not open for further replies.
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Cyclohm
Type: Electric / Dragon
Style Bias: Somewhat Defensive
Build Bias: Mixed, possibly Special
Ability: Shield Dust/Static
Stats: 108 HP/60 Atk/118 Def/112 Sp Atk/70 Sp Def/80 Spe

This poll determines the battle sprite that will be used when the pokemon is implemented on the CAP battle server. Sprite submissions for the art poll will be selected by the Topic Leader, based on preference and feedback in the Sprite Submission thread. The sprites for all voting options should be included in the OP and referenced by artist name in the poll.

This is a clicky poll. The options are:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/ChibiPika/Sprites/CAP8/CAP8-FULLSHEET.png

Final Submission

Lots of great submissions, so my chance of winning is probably very slim, but it was a fun experience nonetheless. If my submission doesn't make it through the polls, I'll be pulling for Aragornbird (assuming he gets a backsprite up!) His has the best blend of style and spriting mechanics, imo. The stylistic design aspects of Wyverii and Doug's are reaally not my cup of tea.

Well i've done work on the backs. If there's no more objections i'll be making this my final submission. I'll be looking forward to the other entries.

Based on feedback from various people, I made several small tweaks to these sprites, but nothing major. I sharpened the left face on the front sprite, and I made the backsprite faces and horns slightly more "pointy". I also darkened the back leg on the frontsprite, just a little bit.

This will be my final submission post. If I make any more changes, I will just edit the images here. Thanks to everyone that has given me advice and suggestions in this thread. With your help, I think my sprite is a million times better than my original draft. Regardless of the outcome of the polls, I've got myself a few snazzy-looking avatars to use in the future. I'm already a winner! ;-)

EDIT: New fronts as posted later in this thread.

Well this is it. Thanks for the suggestions and support, everyone! I hope you like the final product. See you at the polls!

Aww this is hard because I am torn between DougJustDoug's and aragornbird;

Doug's is pretty draconic-like while aragornbird is very cute...

but I think I am just going to go with aragornbird.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
This decision was tough as hell, but I had to narrow it down to AB. I hope you other three won't think less of me though, you all took the first poll by storm!

I look forward to next CaP's sprites!

Wyverii's sprites are pretty smooth and mysterious looking, but Doug has the best back sprite (a completely different aspect of the beast whcih no one else has) and balanced fronter.

I voted Doug. I love his back sprite and I think his front sprite has some originality along with seriousness whilst keeping the main idea of Cyclohm's appearance. He probably wont win, and I do like aragorn's, but I think his back sprite is kind of cramped.

Extremely close between Doug's and aragorn's. I liked that Doug's is very clear and well-defined, and the back sprite has an excellent pose. However, AB's frontsprite is fantastic and has considerably more in terms of colour.

I ended up voting Doug. The shiny got me.

I love DJD's back sprite, but aragonbird's picture looks the most like the art, and it has the right colours and pose to it. DJD's sprite has something weird going on at the base of the neck there, which made it lose a bit of favour with me.

Voted for Aragornbird! Though it could have been a very hard decision, but I've already chose the best, right away on the first poll, when I saw all the sprites. These 4 were the best and everyone has done a great job, Aragorn's is just amazing.

AB's back sprite composition was too cluttered for me, with excessive overlap between the heads. Clawed Nyasu had the higher quality combo of front and back sprite in terms of composition and design.

Went for Nyasu's for the same reason. The backsprite has easily my favorite composition and I'm hoping to see more of him(her?) in future polls.

Looking through these I was really not at all sure who to vote for, then I saw DJD's shiny backsprite and it blew the rest out of the water! Fantastic.

AB's is easily the closest to the original design and the best executed. That being said I'm sorry that Wyverii's so far behind because I love her shiny sprite. I think AB's is kind of boring.

I would pretty much kill to have both aragornbird's front sprite and Doug's back sprite in the same submission. :)
I stand by this! AB has a flawless and amazing frontsprite and a pretty cool backsprite. Doug has a flawless and amazing backsprite, but I don't really like his frontsprite?, and I think that the backsprite is in general more important than the backsprite anyway. Hence, my vote goes to Aragornbird! :D

Great job, all of those who submitted. :)

I stand by this! AB has a flawless and amazing frontsprite and a pretty cool backsprite. Doug has a flawless and amazing backsprite, but I don't really like his frontsprite?, and I think that the backsprite is in general more important than the backsprite anyway. Hence, my vote goes to Aragornbird! :D

Great job, all of those who submitted. :)
I think you meant frontsprite here...:-) (BTW, I voted Aragonbird)

Just looking at the poll, if aragornbird gets 4 more votes, then it would have over 50%. Would that mean that polling for the sprite would finish here?

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wow I'm really surprised Wyverii's has fallen so far behind. It pretty much blew everyone away right off the bat, but it's really fizzled out now. Is it the pink? Props to all the spriters, but Wyverii's is the only one that makes me really want to use this thing at this point. Oh well. Congrats to whoever wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)